XFL Buy/Sell

May catch flak for this on a football site but imma say sell bc springtime is MLS time and and I’m genuinely excited for Inter Miami

Advertisement
As more of a CFB fan I’m for it..it’s a good product. Aside from a couple of QBs, I think they could attract better talent at that position. But Johnson, Jones and that kid from temple are good

Advertisement
I just don't see anyone can say they've seen enough to be a hard but on this. There might be a spot available between college and pro where a league like this can live, but the level of play needs to be sustainably better.

Every league that tries to be an alternative to the NFL flops. USFL, AAF, original XFL, etc.

The new XFL will be no different.

I love college football, basketball and baseball. Not a big pro fan of any sport. Can not get into watching inferior football in Feb. Not knocking those who do. Just stating my likes

Advertisement
I watched parts of the two games on the first Saturday and two things stood out.

1. Why the **** are people festooned with their team's gear and cheering like they've been fans since birth? It's like they paid a few people to act like the organic crazies in CFB/NFL.

2. There was a reception where 2 defenders fell, allowing a touchdown. I couldn't help but be reminded that McMahon is the owner and wonder if it was staged.

I am interested to see what this league does when March Madness, MLB, The Masters and NBA playoffs start. I would imagine their views will go down a lot.

I watched parts of the two games on the first Saturday and two things stood out.

1. Why the **** are people festooned with their team's gear and cheering like they've been fans since birth? It's like they paid a few people to act like the organic crazies in CFB/NFL.

2. There was a reception where 2 defenders fell, allowing a touchdown. I couldn't help but be reminded that McMahon is the owner and wonder if it was staged.

1. I believe there are some fans who want to be on the ground floor. We will see same for InterMiami.

2. Good point. Did the Undertaker return to the field with surprise casket rising in endzone?

Advertisement
1. I believe there are some fans who want to be on the ground floor. We will see same for InterMiami.

2. Good point. Did the Undertaker return to the field with surprise casket rising in endzone?
1. I'm sure, but did a few people really decide they want to be "those guys" and design an outfit with props ahead of time? And for every game on week 1?

2. It was the only time I saw that, and it's possible it just happened as it has in CFB or the NFL

1. I'm sure, but did a few people really decide they want to be "those guys" and design an outfit with props ahead of time? And for every game on week 1?

2. It was the only time I saw that, and it's possible it just happened as it has in CFB or the NFL

There are ALWAYS those guys.

I believe a part of US fandom wants to emulate the passion, pagentry, and history of Euro soccer.

Check Youtube and google "Serbia Redstar". I was at that game....INSANE...like dangerous insane.

I'm not advocating that level of cray-cray....but US fans see that, they see the scarves, they see the face paint, they hear the songs and want to be part of it.

For Kaiserslautern FCK "Red Devils", you have to take a club history test to get on waiting list (about 10 years) to get seats in "superfan" section.

Our US based fans have nothing on the psychos found in global soccer.

Last edited:
There are ALWAYS those guys.

I believe a part of US fandom wants to emulate the passion, pagentry, and history of Euro soccer.
Bring on a good old fashioned soccer riot. Bars will have "No Football Colors" signs. End times.

Advertisement
Bring on a good old fashioned soccer riot. Bars will have "No Football Colors" signs. End times.

The Russian hooligans have been using military tactics and ambush techniques for years now when it comes to that stuff.

I like the product but bad QB play may bring down the league, I read an article that there hasn't been any 300 yard passers through 2 weeks of play so far.

The old XFL set itself up to be mocked with rule changes that could injure players, no fair catches, have two guys race and scramble for the ball instead of kickoffs etc

Im buying but they need more teams hopefully they add a few AAF teams to the league next year.

Advertisement
Back