Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho can you provide any insight as to why we don't get more talent from Deerfield? Is it lack of effort on UM's part or an old grudge with someone on your staff that continues to linger? Appreciate anything you're able to tell us, thanks.
For the some reason we don't get the elite talent from Heritage and STA.

Our on-field play and recruiting have been trash.

The thing that surprised me when I saw Restrepo at the camps is that he gets a ton of separation out of his cuts, even against twitchy South Florida competition. His short-area burst is legit.
Shuttle doing work. His 4.16 is much better than Mookie Coopers (4.37) or Jhakai Douglas (4.51)

Advertisement
The thing that surprised me when I saw Restrepo at the camps is that he gets a ton of separation out of his cuts, even against twitchy South Florida competition. His short-area burst is legit.
He's the perfect slot WR at the next level, I know yall have liked him at Safety too but I don't think he has much upside on Defense especially at Safety.

WR will be his money position in college.

He murders our DB's in practice, especially after the catch.
Shoot, he was embarrassing people at the Battle tournament and there were tons of twitchy guys there.

Jaquon Johnson is one of the most instinctual safeties I have ever seen at the high school level. This kid is a slot receiver who MIGHT play safety. Not sure I see the comparison.
It's no "might", he's our starting Safety right now. Instincts are his #1 attribute. That's why I insisted on having him play defense.

I understand your doubts. I had my own when he arrived. But so far I can't shoot holes in his game. He's regarded as our best FOOTBALL PLAYER by many people around the program.

Advertisement
When this kid didn’t have a commutable offer everyone wanted him in the class and now that he possibly has one everyone is skeptical? Maaannn only on CIS... I want this kid in this class! Bring him in and I don’t see him failing like someone else said. I’ll take his measurable and great work ethic over some of those with better measurable but are divas!

It's no "might", he's our starting Safety right now. Instincts are his #1 attribute. That's why I insisted on having him play defense.

I understand your doubts. I had my own when he arrived. But so far I can't shoot holes in his game. He's regarded as our best FOOTBALL PLAYER by many people around the program.
Macho, is he a Safety at Miami or a WR?

Advertisement
I said small sample size obviously since Hightower was hurt most of last year and Payton is a true freshman. So what if Osborn comes in and drops a ****load of balls this year? Wait to judge him until the first few games this year. He’s been solid at Buffalo but Miami isn’t Buffalo.
High school ain't Buffalo either. If there is a small sample size then how could you call him proven?

Advertisement
I see this kid as a really really good slot receiver if his hands are good.
We will see what this season does for him. Sometimes kids just need an opportunity.
He may end up being physical enough and develop the instincts to be able to play at a high level on defense.

High school ain't Buffalo either. If there is a small sample size then how could you call him proven?
I’m not calling them proven cuz all of them pretty much are except for Thomas. But if I had to pick a top 4 at WR I’d go with Thomas, Osborn, Hightower, and Payton.

Half this board most days - “I want guys who wanna be canes and who aren’t divas.”

**Restrepo who wants to be a cane and can play is gonna get a real offer**

Today - “He’s not a take there are so many guys better than him that don’t wanna commit yet, we should hold off”

Get real the kid can play and is a legit athlete. Sign him up. Now.

When this kid didn’t have a commutable offer everyone wanted him in the class and now that he possibly has one everyone is skeptical? Maaannn only on CIS... I want this kid in this class! Bring him in and I don’t see him failing like someone else said. I’ll take his measurable and great work ethic over some of those with better measurable but are divas!
I think most people want him. It’s just that Cuban-Cane has repeated his indifference towards Restrepo every 77 seconds, so it seems like multiple people don’t want him.

Advertisement
Back