Xavier Restrepo transfers from Sta to Deerfield.

Advertisement
I'd say very good athlete. But beyond that he's intelligent and versatile, good work ethic and he committed basically as soon as he got an offer so he wants to be here badly. Restrepo is a take all day and can become a fan favorite here
I agree 100% that he is a take all day. This kid embodies what type of culture Manny should be trying to build. This kid/KJ worth ethic with a Nesta/Tate attitude.

i posted this in the other thread but...

average metrics for an all conference WR per Lance:

183 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.34 SH, 32” Vertical, 91 SPARQ

restrepo's numbers:

186 pounds, 4.58 40, 4.16 SH, 32.5" Vertical, 103.65 SPARQ

he's not an elite athlete. among very good athletes he's almost exactly average, except for the shuttle where he is elite. but based on these numbers he clearly has the athleticism required to excel at a P5 school.

You think STA has great education? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lets see..you don’t even need to take the FCAT at STA to graduate but this kid is taking extra classes & subjecting himself to the FCAT & this is what you say?

Boy stop lol.....

If you think DFB is in the same STRATOSPHERE as STA.... lol

You almost got me tee!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
So if Restrepo hadn't transferred to Deerfield to be an Early Enrollee, do you think he would have gotten the Miami offer?

Advertisement
I've said it before - i'm surprised any HS (or state education board) allows kids to graduate early for athletics.
Early graduation biggest farce in the history of academics. Typically means kids take classes out of sequence, for example when they transfer
as juniors mid year, they will take Eng III [junior year Eng] and the 2nd semester of Eng IV [ senior year Eng] then as seniors take the first two
nine weeks of senior English, even though they completed the third and fourth nine weeks as juniors. Not to mention the amount of virtual school
credit they will gather in the summer of their junior year, typically meaning they signed into virtual school and someone else completing the work.

Last edited:
Regardless of your warped opinion.....the FCAT is another hurdle for this kid to overcome in order to graduate early..........that's the point.
Not so fast my friend, always a way around, SAT score can be used to replace FCAT, and I know you're thinking if they can't pass FCAT
they can't pass SAT, well fortunately for many a high school athlete there's a school down south that has become the SAT mecca,
students from all over Dade flock there to take SAT and have had remarkable success. Go figure.

Not so fast my friend, always a way around, SAT score can be used to replace FCAT, and I know you're thinking if they can't pass FCAT
they can't pass SAT, well fortunately for many a high school athlete there's a school down south that has become the SAT mecca,
students from all over Dade flock there to take SAT and have had remarkable success. Go figure.

Very true. Great points.

Advertisement
i posted this in the other thread but...

average metrics for an all conference WR per Lance:

183 pounds, 4.64 40, 4.34 SH, 32” Vertical, 91 SPARQ

restrepo's numbers:

186 pounds, 4.58 40, 4.16 SH, 32.5" Vertical, 103.65 SPARQ

he's not an elite athlete. among very good athletes he's almost exactly average, except for the shuttle where he is elite. but based on these numbers he clearly has the athleticism required to excel at a P5 school.

Curious about when you said his shuttle is elite? Berrios ran a 3.82 what is that then?

Advertisement
Back