2024 Xavier Lucas 3* CB/S from STA sticks w/Wisconsin

DB class two years straight has been underwhelming as ever. Patterson is good but what else? These CBs recruits…. Yikes
Brown and Richards looking good. We also have another top 200 kid from 23 that hasn’t played yet. 24 group has some talent but not the rankings

Advertisement
We're really in here with the #3 class in the country off two years of 12-12 ball, and we're complaining about the 3-star DB we didn't flip.

You’re not wrong, but if you look at STRICTLY DB recruiting, it’s been poor. You can’t really argue that. I get the #3 class and I’m beyond thrilled with that. We all should be. But we got that class in spite of the DB haul. It’s not good enough.

Advertisement
You’re not wrong, but if you look at STRICTLY DB recruiting, it’s been poor. You can’t really argue that. I get the #3 class and I’m beyond thrilled with that. We all should be. But we got that class in spite of the DB haul. It’s not good enough.
Corey Raymond. He can recruit and coach.

Angry Madness GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
QB Recruiting and Gameday Coaching are the two most important areas to address this offseason; DB recruiting needs to be added to that list. What is Miami going to do here..?... Coaching change (Raymond, Surtain, DVD)? I'm glad we have the portal, and hopefully, this (seemingly losing Lucas and MIncey) is a flashpoint for us to add more talent than we were planning to (Domani Jackson, Dunnam, Brantley?).

2025 CB recruiting board is open. IMHO, CB is the most glaring issue on the recruiting front right now. Continued underperformance and puzzling recruiting priorities.

Advertisement
**** yeah. We flippin fours and fives from our Florida rivals but can’t keep a three star home. Crazy
This is where I’m at. I can get an elite QB not jiving with Mario and his track record. But I don’t get why highly rated CBs, specifically, aren’t coming here. And it’s fair to ask, do we get Brown last cycle if he’s A. not a legacy and B. we don’t sign his brother as a transfer?

At this point I’d bring DVD back. At least he was holding his own on the trail. Addae has not offered anything of substance there in 2.5 cycles.

I may be wrong but Miami didn’t start recruiting him until recently. He had relationships with the Wisconsin coaches.

Advertisement
Mario making these coaches work hard. Look how stressed he is and Fickell got the W

These coaches are going to stop waisting time and resources in South Florida. Mario is making them all work the hardest they ever have to get players from down here.

Did Bama even get a guy this cycle? Auburn? Georgia?

Mario is legit building a fence. If TVD and Dawson didn’t go in the tank and Mario took a knee against Tech who knows if JJ flips.

Mario is a a relentless recruiter and always has been. He demands the same from his staff. It’s no different than a young Nick Saban and Kirby smart. We should expect the same results in recruiting as those programs.

Just wait till Miami is winning.

These coaches are going to stop waisting time and resources in South Florida. Mario is making them all work the hardest they ever have to get players from down here.

Did Bama even get a guy this cycle? Auburn? Georgia?

Mario is legit building a fence. If TVD and Dawson didn’t go in the tank and Mario took a knee against Tech who knows if JJ flips.

Mario is a a relentless recruiter and always has been. He demands the same from his staff. It’s no different than a young Nick Saban and Kirby smart. We should expect the same results in recruiting as those programs.

Just wait till Miami is winning.
Couldn’t agree more. Very well articulated.

**** yeah. We flippin fours and fives from our Florida rivals but can’t keep a three star home. Crazy
Some kids get it in their head that they want to leave FL only to realize down the road it's not always the right decision. Maybe this will work out for him but more times than not it doesn't. Look at Nebraska for instance.

Advertisement
Back