X

X is without a doubt our best offensive player and one of the top 5 players on the squad! The guy is invaluable! If we had 5 players on each side of the ball play like X does, we would be a completely different team. We have Bain on defense but we need many more. X is a true leader and a true throwback Cane. His work ethic and game day performance is second to none. We desperately need his leadership on this squad next year.
This might actually be why we struggle soo much.. We need wayyyyy more talented players.. Our players scare NOBODY, even teams like rutgers are not afraid of any of the talent we have.. WE NEED TO HIT PORTAL HARDDDD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huge news. Not like it’s a surprise, this kid is SFL and as big a Hurricane as possible, so he’s not going to another program and he’s not an NFL player. Run it back. But this is massive just to make it official. Kid is a baller and a leader and someone we will lean on next year. Now just find him some elite talent on the outside and a QB to get him the ball on time and in stride and let’s work.

Advertisement
This might actually be why we struggle soo much.. We need wayyyyy more talented players.. Our players scare NOBODY, even teams like rutgers are not afraid of any of the talent we have.. WE NEED TO HIT PORTAL HARDDDD
I think that this is an excellent point. I also believe that when people try to articulate this type of delicate point they generally fail to do so resulting in the appearance that so many in the fan base "hate the guy".

I love and respect X greatly as is shown in my post above. However I understand the point that we are mediocre in the passing game because of the fact that X is our best WR hands down. That doesn't take anything away from X but it does show a disturbing lack of consistency and explosive game breaking ability in the rest of the unit.

It didn't take long for JB to start locking on to Restrepo because X is by far the most consistently excellent player we have on offense and he will also provide numerous opportunities at big plays. I'll say again that if we had 5 Xavier Restrepo's on each side of the ball that we would be a completely different team. I hope like crazy X stays for his senior year.

I think that this is an excellent point. I also believe that when people try to articulate this type of delicate point they generally fail to do so resulting in the appearance that so many in the fan base "hate the guy".

I love and respect X greatly as is shown in my post above. However I understand the point that we are mediocre in the passing game because of the fact that X is our best WR hands down. That doesn't take anything away from X but it does show a disturbing lack of consistency and explosive game breaking ability in the rest of the unit.

It didn't take long for JB to start locking on to Restrepo because X is by far the most consistently excellent player we have on offense and he will also provide numerous opportunities at big plays. I'll say again that if we had 5 Xavier Restrepo's on each side of the ball that we would be a completely different team. I hope like crazy X stays for his senior year.
Yea I know alot get sensitive on here and he basically has a defense force(@Peter Ariz kept mentioning it on stream yesterday but we lost to rutgers), its weird when people cant take it for what it is, same thing with a guy like Parrish. Like these guys scare nobody and are epitome why we are stuck #forever7n5 purgatory. Great likeable people and I actually like X overall as a player but his role is asking him to do more than what is possible.. I think its tough for people to accept, he is not a problem, but it is a problem if we are asking him to be #1. GO GET EVAN STEWART or something..

Advertisement
Advertisement
He HAS to know he's got a QB on the way, otherwise I think he'd have transferred along with his QB roommate. He'd be a valuable addition to a lot of teams so the fact he's coming back tells me he thinks we have a quality QB inbound (or maybe he's a bigger believer in Williams than the fanbase)

Advertisement
Back