Wut? ACC Coach of the Year

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Goes to Loserville's Scott Stapperfield. Huh?

-Goes 7-5
-Loses last week to Kentucky by 32 to finish the year
-Loses to us by 25 (should be an instant disqualifier)
-Loses to FSU by double digits

Should just call it a "most improved"/charity trophy.

Advertisement
They were expected to win like 3 games this year. Louisville is one of the least talented teams in the nation. They have had 4 DCs in the past 4 years. So they literally have no talent on defense and their new DC . Their new DC runs that weird *** 3-4 that requires a totally different type of athletes than the old 4-3. And they finished second in the Atlantic.

They were expected to win like 3 games this year. Louisville is one of the least talented teams in the nation. They have had 4 DCs in the past 4 years. So they literally have no talent on defense and their new DC . Their new DC runs that weird *** 3-4 that requires a totally different type of athletes than the old 4-3. And they finished second in the Atlantic.

Dabo has won 22 games in a row.

Like I said, the Loserville redemption story shouldn't be glorified when they lose by a quarter hundy to US.

Like I said, the Loserville redemption story shouldn't be glorified when they lose by a quarter hundy to US.

Belichick never wins NFL COY despite him being the GOAT.

They always give it to the coach that leads a “turnaround”.

I think something like 4 of the last 6 NFL COY have since been fired.

Advertisement
images

He won it last year and was 8 votes behind Sattersfield for it this year. It is more impressive to take a team with 0 talent that was GARBAGE last year and have them come 2nd in their division. Than having a squad full of 5 stars and beating up on a bunch of ACC bums.

Advertisement
He won it last year and was 8 votes behind Sattersfield for it this year. It is more impressive to take a team with 0 talent that was GARBAGE last year and have them come 2nd in their division. Than having a squad full of 5 stars and beating up on a bunch of ACC bums.

I just wouldn't even give it out then. I mean the dude just lost to Kentucky by almost FIVE TDs just LAST WEEK.

I just wouldn't even give it out then. I mean the dude just lost to Kentucky by almost FIVE TDs just LAST WEEK.

I agree with you there. He is basically the best out of all the bums. But honestly. The ACC has some pretty decent Xs and Os coaches. Sattersfield is one of them, but for whatever reason we can't recruit. Clemson, FSU, and Miami are the only outliers that can actually recruit in the ACC.

Goes to Loserville's Scott Stapperfield. Huh?

-Goes 7-5
-Loses last week to Kentucky by 32 to finish the year
-Loses to us by 25 (should be an instant disqualifier)
-Loses to FSU by double digits

Should just call it a "most improved"/charity trophy.

I mean outside of Dabo who else do you feel earned this trophy? Remeber Louisville was terrible last season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This trophy typically goes to coaches who exceeded expectations. In dabos case, there's not really any ability to exceed.

Advertisement
Back