Wtf is going on with this site... All of these ads

Advertisement
The just pay crowd cracks me up. Why would anyone pay for them to fix their broke **** ad placements?

This is bar none the worse site I visit in relation to ads. Done here after signing day if it isn't fixed. There's better options out there for free with all of the crap that isn't inserted into every thread.
@Andrew, if you don’t fix the ad issue for those who don’t pay, @SayWhat will never come back.

What are you going to do to keep him from leaving?

Advertisement
I hate ads with a passion but TBH I barely notice the ads on this site. Completely tune them out. Couldn't tell you from memory the name of one company that sponsors this site. Sometimes a big white screen will take over but I just swipe down to refresh and it's gone just like that.

With that said, if you hate the ads, pay the $25. Comes out to a little over $2/month or 7¢/day and supports a great site that all of us enjoy and that has resisted the temptation to become a straight up paid subscription site.
They’ve tried very hard to keep it free and that’s what they want to do. Maudes get ads-free for free but I still pay to support the site for the reasons you’ve stated. It’s actually better for them if people pay the $25. People don’t have to pay of course. Andrew said he has no control over the ad placement. I don’t know how that works. I’ve been on plenty of sites with annoying ads so I’m not sure how this is different than the other aggressive, ad-loaded ones.

The just pay crowd cracks me up. Why would anyone pay for them to fix their broke **** ad placements?

This is bar none the worse site I visit in relation to ads. Done here after signing day if it isn't fixed. There's better options out there for free with all of the crap that isn't inserted into every thread.

:roll-canes2:

They’ve tried very hard to keep it free and that’s what they want to do. Maudes get ads-free for free but I still pay to support the site for the reasons you’ve stated. It’s actually better for them if people pay the $25. People don’t have to pay of course. Andrew aid he has no control over the ad placement. I don’t know how that works. I’ve been on plenty of sites with annoying ads so I’m not sure how this is different than the other aggressive, ad-loaded ones.

So you're saying there's no control over where the ads are placed or how many? If that's the case, you need to switch the site to a different hosting platform. As I said, this is the worst one I visit and it isn't even close.

You can also make light of all of the negative comments, but they're valid. I'm not going to pay for a site to make ads vanish. The content here, no disrespect to those who provide it as they get paid very little, isn't enough to justify even $2 and some odd cents a month.

In the same breath, the mods let pretty much anything go with the majority of the threads being filled up with crap that isn't even on topic. You generally have to sift through pages and pages of stupidity to read something of value. It's why I spend less and less time more than anything with the ads being the final straw.

Advertisement
What the **** browser are you guys running? I get a small banner at the top and bottom and a small video playing in the bottom right of the screen nothing is completely covered. All of them can be easily "X" out of too.

I just was informed that the 25 bucks goes into our recruiting bag game fund so y'all need to give up the loot so we can get these recruits

So you're saying there's no control over where the ads are placed or how many? If that's the case, you need to switch the site to a different hosting platform. As I said, this is the worst one I visit and it isn't even close.

You can also make light of all of the negative comments, but they're valid. I'm not going to pay for a site to make ads vanish. The content here, no disrespect to those who provide it as they get paid very little, isn't enough to justify even $2 and some odd cents a month.

In the same breath, the mods let pretty much anything go with the majority of the threads being filled up with crap that isn't even on topic. You generally have to sift through pages and pages of stupidity to read something of value. It's why I spend less and less time more than anything with the ads being the final straw.
Like I’ve said, I have no idea about ad placement but that’s my understanding - I make light of many things but I @ bAndrew as well if he wanted to address it.

Maudes have cracked down on a good amount here. The content is what it is at this time.

Advertisement
I hate ads with a passion but TBH I barely notice the ads on this site. Completely tune them out. Couldn't tell you from memory the name of one company that sponsors this site. Sometimes a big white screen will take over but I just swipe down to refresh and it's gone just like that.

With that said, if you hate the ads, pay the $25. Comes out to a little over $2/month or 7¢/day and supports a great site that all of us enjoy and that has resisted the temptation to become a straight up paid subscription site.
How do we pay and to who ?

Advertisement
I personally enjoy the comedy that’s posted on this site in between the valuable information... it would be boring without it.

Advertisement
Tv Show Christmas GIF

Advertisement
Back