WTF, Chip Kelly?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You could get WAY less in return for an aging RB these days than a Kiko Alonso. McCoy will be less missed in Philly than a lot of people are thinking he will be today.

Aging? He's 26!!!

The only reason Chip Kelly let him go is because in his offense, it's all about the QB and OLine. Everyone else can be replaced, and the system will take care of itself.
But the biggest reason was to save $10M this year. That is a lot of money they are saving. Plus they are getting a LB with a lot of potential. Plus there was a lot of friction between Kelly and Shady.

They'll draft a RB in the 2-4 range, and get just as much production.

The admiral will hire him after next year.

We comin.

You hope. I have a sinking feeling we're getting some candy-###ed pan$y from William and Mary or George Washington and not the admiral. This school isn't hiring anyone worth a ****. The best we can expect from such a clown is that we might beat UVA occasionally.

You could get WAY less in return for an aging RB these days than a Kiko Alonso. McCoy will be less missed in Philly than a lot of people are thinking he will be today.

Aging? He's 26!!!

The only reason Chip Kelly let him go is because in his offense, it's all about the QB and OLine. Everyone else can be replaced, and the system will take care of itself.
But the biggest reason was to save $10M this year. That is a lot of money they are saving. Plus they are getting a LB with a lot of potential. Plus there was a lot of friction between Kelly and Shady.

This is correct

Advertisement
Wow the Eagles are Brilliant. get a young stud linebacker that has 10 good years left for a RB. A very good RB but as we all know they only last a few years and McCoy might have used his up already. Rex Ryan proves his idiocricy again!

Didn't Alonso tear his ACL? That's injury that really never leaves LBs. If he stays healthy it's a good deal. But man McCoy was a killer in that offense. I just don't think they really had the depth to make that trade. Should've made it when they had Bryce Brown on the roster.

Wow the Eagles are Brilliant. get a young stud linebacker that has 10 good years left for a RB. A very good RB but as we all know they only last a few years and McCoy might have used his up already. Rex Ryan proves his idiocricy again!

I tend to agree with this. As an Eagles fan I don't really mind this trade assuming Alonzo passes his physical. What really baffles me is Kelley's obsession with having Oregon players on his roster.

Advertisement

I tend to agree with this. As an Eagles fan I don't really mind this trade assuming Alonzo passes his physical. What really baffles me is Kelley's obsession with having Oregon players on his roster.

Why does it baffle you? JJ used to draft/sign tons of canes. Butch did the same in Cleveland but a bit less. It's normal.

As of right now I love the move as a giants fan I literally hated seeing Mccoy in the open field against our D but we gotta see what comes of it in terms of the draft or free agency but there's no way looking at it now that you can give the nod to that team down the Turnpike

Aging? He's 26!!!

This is correct

He turns 27 prior to this season. Is entering his 7th season. Ray Rice is one year older and has already been widely described as "on the decline". RB's in the NFL not only age like dogs but are becoming an extremely devalued commodity by most teams and GM's thus my statement about them getting someone the calibur of Alonso in return as actually pretty good.

Advertisement
Chip sending a message to the whole roster, I don't care who you are, everyone can be traded.

As much as it caught me off gaurd its a great move because it gives them a ton of cap space to address more holes on the defense and the draft will have some really good running backs available in the 2nd round.

Chip sending a message to the whole roster, I don't care who you are, everyone can be traded.

As much as it caught me off gaurd its a great move because it gives them a ton of cap space to address more holes on the defense and the draft will have some really good running backs available in the 2nd round.

Unless he trades the whole draft to get Mariota (as the asking price to move up to get him is apparently ridiculous). Then the quality of the message of dumping McCoy is dilluted by someone that just made a HUGE mistake to recreate his college team a few thousand miles east.

The Colts traded HOF RB Marshall Faulk in his prime for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Then they picked Edgerrin James and didn't skip a beat. RBs not named Herschel Walker have never commanded huge value in trades.

Advertisement
Back