Premium
Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

If we can get 2-3 of those guys to go with Njoku (preferably Thomas, Smith, and Truitt for me) I'd consider our 2017 WR recruiting successful.

Advertisement
I think we land 1 of if not both Truitt and Holmes. If we get 2 of Smith, Thomas and Pouncey, it's a really solid haul.

I'm not as high on njoku as some. We really need to pull some of these guys and build got the future. Thomas and truitt can help us dramatically in big play ability

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'm not as high on njoku as some. We really need to pull some of these guys and build got the future. Thomas and truitt can help us dramatically in big play ability

my uneducated prediction is that njoku is going to end up a tight end and probably not as good as his brother. david had freakish athletic ability. i don;t think evidence is in the same league.

If we add, Pouncey, 1 of the transfers, and 1 of Smith or Thomas, we will have salvaged the class. If we somehow land smith and thomas, it becomes strong wr class.

What happened to other Louisiana kid Racer?

If we add, Pouncey, 1 of the transfers, and 1 of Smith or Thomas, we will have salvaged the class. If we somehow land smith and thomas, it becomes strong wr class.

Committed somewhere a couple days back, can't remember where

We'll probably wind up signing someone not even on that list. This **** can change at the drop of a hat. A week ago no one had Thomas or Truitt on our radar.

Advertisement

Pouncey, Truitt, Thomas or Smith, and Njoku is more than a "salvage." That's a very good class.

Really? Watch tape on him, hes as freakishly athletic as his brother.

Miami in lead group for Jeff Thomas. His leaders are miami and Louisville per itu from his coach today...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami in lead group for Jeff Thomas. His leaders are miami and Louisville per itu from his coach today...

I wish it was us and Illinois. They aren't even close to being in our league. Somehow right now Louisville is. Given that, I hope the kid isn't set on staying close to home. The visit here could be huge for him. And the opportunity to be under Richt's stewardship. IMHO if the kid's parents/care takers have a say in this decision Richt>Petrino is a no-brainer.

The haul that I would love to see would be Thomas or Smith, Truitt, and Pouncey. Along with Njoku, that is a solid class.

Advertisement
You'd have one year with Lamar at Louisville then what? UM is a much better option for a speedy WR. Unless of course you love getting killed over the middle running shallow crossing routes.

great job by this staff continuing to build a pipeline of elite prospects and not be paralyzed by a so fl diva sell out.

Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

If we can get 2-3 of those guys to go with Njoku (preferably Thomas, Smith, and Truitt for me) I'd consider our 2017 WR recruiting successful.

The "list" of prospects left on our board that I am more curious about is OL.

my uneducated prediction is that njoku is going to end up a tight end and probably not as good as his brother. david had freakish athletic ability. i don;t think evidence is in the same league.

Evidence will not be a tight end. He's faster and not as strong as David coming out of HS. People are really underselling this guy. If we land Thomas and Njoku along with either Pouncey/Holmes, that might not be the highest rated WR haul but I would be thrilled with that class.

Advertisement
Back