WRs still "on the board"

Miami in lead group for Jeff Thomas. His leaders are miami and Louisville per itu from his coach today...

I wish it was us and Illinois. They aren't even close to being in our league. Somehow right now Louisville is. Given that, I hope the kid isn't set on staying close to home. The visit here could be huge for him. And the opportunity to be under Richt's stewardship. IMHO if the kid's parents/care takers have a say in this decision Richt>Petrino is a no-brainer.

We still recruit significantly better than them. Gotta feel pretty good that they are our main competition. Our class right now blows there's out of the water and we are still waiting on a couple big commitments like Dean and McFarland.

Advertisement
I would be happy with Thomas, Pouncy and Njoku but worry it will be Njoku, Pouncy and some kid out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

If we can get 2-3 of those guys to go with Njoku (preferably Thomas, Smith, and Truitt for me) I'd consider our 2017 WR recruiting successful.

The "list" of prospects left on our board that I am more curious about is OL.

Then check one of the hundred threads on that and stop posting in the WR thread. People like you make these threads unbearable.

Miami in lead group for Jeff Thomas. His leaders are miami and Louisville per itu from his coach today...

I wish it was us and Illinois. They aren't even close to being in our league. Somehow right now Louisville is. Given that, I hope the kid isn't set on staying close to home. The visit here could be huge for him. And the opportunity to be under Richt's stewardship. IMHO if the kid's parents/care takers have a say in this decision Richt>Petrino is a no-brainer.

We still recruit significantly better than them. Gotta feel pretty good that they are our main competition. Our class right now blows there's out of the water and we are still waiting on a couple big commitments like Dean and McFarland.

I agree 100%. Louisville's hardly a world beater. I just was pointing out that relative to Illinois they have legitimacy, and at some point I thought I heard the kid was interested in staying close to home.

We'll probably wind up signing someone not even on that list. This **** can change at the drop of a hat. A week ago no one had Thomas or Truitt on our radar.

No question. As more names surface (or get crossed off) I might update this thread...

Advertisement
If we add, Pouncey, 1 of the transfers, and 1 of Smith or Thomas, we will have salvaged the class. If we somehow land smith and thomas, it becomes strong wr class.

What happened to other Louisiana kid Racer?

Pouncey, Truitt, Thomas or Smith, and Njoku is more than a "salvage." That's a very good class.

Agree. Njoku is a great athlete - he will surprise.
No shot at smith.

Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

If we can get 2-3 of those guys to go with Njoku (preferably Thomas, Smith, and Truitt for me) I'd consider our 2017 WR recruiting successful.

Then check one of the hundred threads on that and stop posting in the WR thread. People like you make these threads unbearable.

LOL, settle down, chief. I said I was curious about something. You could have skipped my comment and moved to the next one instead of acting like a total plebeian.

If we add, Pouncey, 1 of the transfers, and 1 of Smith or Thomas, we will have salvaged the class. If we somehow land smith and thomas, it becomes strong wr class.

Pouncey, Truitt, Thomas or Smith, and Njoku is more than a "salvage." That's a very good class.

No shot at smith.
We will see recruiting is fluid

If we land Thomas, it will look like I dumped a whole bottle of Elmers glue all over my computer screen.

Advertisement

That official visit will def help in our favor

Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

LOL, settle down, chief. I said I was curious about something. You could have skipped my comment and moved to the next one instead of acting like a total plebeian.

So I looked up Plebeian:

"Commoner of Ancient Rome".....

People who tried to use big words that make no sense in context....makes me dislike you even more.

Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

So I looked up Plebeian:

People who tried to use big words that make no sense in context....makes me dislike you even more.

Pleb recognize pleb.

Advertisement
Including the transfers:

Devonta Smith
Jeff Thomas
Jordan Pouncey
Stanton Truitt
Corey Holmes

Anybody I'm missing?

So I looked up Plebeian:

It makes total sense, it means you're nobody of importance what-so-ever, yet you try to act like a tough guy on the board. Instead of making such a big deal about something that you clearly misunderstood, try to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Jalen Brown graduate transfer from Oregon worth a look? Was a consensus 4 star Army all-American and top 100 player out of HS.

I think we are all learning that there are a lot of options that are still on the board whether it be recruits or grad transfers

Advertisement
I'm not as high on njoku as some. We really need to pull some of these guys and build got the future. Thomas and truitt can help us dramatically in big play ability

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

my uneducated prediction is that njoku is going to end up a tight end and probably not as good as his brother. david had freakish athletic ability. i don;t think evidence is in the same league.

Evidence is faster, and absolutely kills people when blocking from the WR spot. I am VERY happy with him as a recruit. He's a football player.

No shot at smith.

The Njoku pipeline is like the Edmonds and Fuller kids at Vag Tech. Those dudes are all freaky athletes.

Advertisement
Back