WR's Coach Candidates

I know we want coaches that connect with the city of Miami or whatever but some others:

-Kirby Moore, wr coach Fresno State. Not realistic given he's been perenially in northwest but he was a GA at Washington and been wr coach at Fresno State for past 3 years. Last year was voted the number 1 recruiter in the Mountain West conference by 247sports. Only 30 years of age with some good NFL guys in GA days (John Ross) and Fresno State already with KeeSean Johnson and learned more under offensive system of Tedford. Brother of Kellen Moore so more coaching connections as well.

-Jamarcus Shepherd, wr coach and co-oc, Purdue. Was wr coach under Brohm at WKU in 2014 and 2015. Was wr coach under Leach one year before returning to Brohm as wr coach and co-oc at Purdue 2017-current. Been with some strong offensive coaches early in his career (like 36 years of age) . This past year Purdue had the 12th ranked passing offense in ypg and of course Rondale Moore is one of his recent guys.

Advertisement
Taylor gets one chance to impress Rhett early next week. Terrible sign if Rhett keeps him. Taylor is not respected by the players although he's a decent tactician. Taylor needs to coach in the Ivy League or some place where the players won't walk all over him and tune him out.
There are way too many better options to coach that position. We should have a big time coach there.

Not a fan of bringing up ex players or former coaches and I know Curtis Johnson is a name from the past, not sure he still wants to recruit. Has had am off field role with Saints. Might be an interesting mind to bring into the room. Same well Joe Brady was found in.

Advertisement
He didn’t want to come here with Rick. I doubt he’d want to come here with a guy he doesn’t know. I’d take him if he still has juice as a recruiter. But I can’t see it happening.
Exactly, plus he's best friends with Coach Brown, I'm certain Brown ****ted on Diaz & Miami to him considering he was fired as soon as Diaz became HC.

In fact, outside of Fat man Felder, I believe Brown was the first coach Diaz fired lol.

Exactly, plus he's best friends with Coach Brown, I'm certain Brown ****ted on Diaz & Miami to him considering he was fired as soon as Diaz became HC.

In fact, outside of Fat man Felder, I believe Brown was the first coach Diaz fired lol.

The man thinks crustaceans turn people ***.

He couldn't have been fired fast enough.

Advertisement
My point isn't that he needs more experience, it's that for his first job ever as a college coach it shouldn't be as a full on field position coach here.

Legendary former Canes can become immovable objects if they're on the coaching staff & it turns out they're not good at their job. It's impossible to be impartial & objective when you have a former player on the staff. Unless they've shown they can do the job it's just a bad for both parties involved when you shoehorn a former player on a staff for his FIRST job.

Andre would be a great coach down the line, but his first job ever as a full time position coach shouldn't be at Miami. JMO. Not saying he doesn't know what to do or wouldn't be good, I'm just saying after a year or two with the Texans then bring him in.

I don't feel that way about Ed Reed on the other hand because he's coached (even if minimally) at Buffalo & clearly has shown he's interested in it with how he comes here every year for Paradise & coached at the Under Armor game.

It's a case by case basis, every former player isn't cut out to coach here, or interested in it.
Agree with the majority of that. I’d love to have Ed reed on the staff. I feel confident about Ed because I know his leadership traits. Andre seems like the strong silent type and it could come across as boring to players. My take was just about former players in general not necessarily Andre. IMO if there is a former player that you want on your staff hire him, if I was making the hire and I wanted a particular former player that hasn’t cut his teeth as a coach yet I would hire him instead of taking my second choice so he can cut his teeth somewhere els. You might not ever get him back. I think former players with that level of experience would be better then promoting the grad assistant that was a 4 year bench warmer in college.

I like the UCF WR coach because he can bring that UCF play book and practice tempo methodology.

He also coached with Manny Diaz at Texas in 2011 ( Wyatt was the OC from 2010-2013), so Manny may still feel jaded about any connection to the only coaching job he was fired from.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Isn't Seider a RB coach?
Yes he is, but he's only there to recruit.

Every staff (except ours) has at least one guy that they just stash on the staff to be an ace recruiter.

Seider is not known for his coaching acumen, nobody is hiring him because he's an X's & O's guru, his job is to sell & get signatures & he's good at it.

You don't really need an expert technician at every position coaching spot, some guys you just have on your staff because they're experts at player acquisitions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He won't give up and people fall for it every time. For a guy who claims to personally knows Seider, I've never seen a worse source.
DrewNY1 went to Marshall and Seider coached there if that’s the connection.

Advertisement
Back