WR's Coach Candidates

Oh yea I don't doubt that he knows the guy. Just that he's been pushing that we should hire him for years and the dude isn't interested.
I thought I heard that he wanted a higher position than RB coach? Might have just been CIS speculation at some point.

Advertisement
Yes he is, but he's only there to recruit.

Every staff (except ours) has at least one guy that they just stash on the staff to be an ace recruiter.

Seider is not known for his coaching acumen, nobody is hiring him because he's an X's & O's guru, his job is to sell & get signatures & he's good at it.

You don't really need an expert technician at every position coaching spot, some guys you just have on your staff because they're experts at player acquisitions.
I always assumed Field was supposed to be that guy.

McDonald was demoted from OC a long time ago by nc state. He’s a solid WR coach nothing more. I wouldn’t mind getting him.

Yes he is, but he's only there to recruit.

Every staff (except ours) has at least one guy that they just stash on the staff to be an ace recruiter.

Seider is not known for his coaching acumen, nobody is hiring him because he's an X's & O's guru, his job is to sell & get signatures & he's good at it.

You don't really need an expert technician at every position coaching spot, some guys you just have on your staff because they're experts at player acquisitions.
I don’t think the majority of our fans realize how important recruiting is and how most major teams stash monster recruiters at positions like RB, TE, WR coaches. You don’t have to be football’s inventor to coach those positions. We need some absolute recruiting killers on this staff, and we are wasting the WR position on Stumblebum.

I am sure a guy like strong with his resume is waiting until there are other HC offers. When those dry up he will look down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a fan of bringing up ex players or former coaches and I know Curtis Johnson is a name from the past, not sure he still wants to recruit. Has had am off field role with Saints. Might be an interesting mind to bring into the room. Same well Joe Brady was found in.

Curtis Johnson was the best Wr coach we ever had.

Plus he’s plugged into Louisiana.

That would be a kill shot but it won’t happen.

I’d be surprised if Strong got any HC offers anytime soon. He was pretty bad at a G5 school his last stop, nobody will be knocking down his door.
If he’s waiting on anything it’s a DC gig. If he doesn’t get one he’ll probably wind up on Sabag Island where all the fired/damaged coaches go to be rehabilitated as “analysts.”

Advertisement
Agree with the majority of that. I’d love to have Ed reed on the staff. I feel confident about Ed because I know his leadership traits. Andre seems like the strong silent type and it could come across as boring to players. My take was just about former players in general not necessarily Andre. IMO if there is a former player that you want on your staff hire him, if I was making the hire and I wanted a particular former player that hasn’t cut his teeth as a coach yet I would hire him instead of taking my second choice so he can cut his teeth somewhere els. You might not ever get him back. I think former players with that level of experience would be better then promoting the grad assistant that was a 4 year bench warmer in college.

Ed Reed would be another killshot. I don’t see how he wouldn’t be a great coach as well as the best recruiter on staff immediately.

How many schools could say they have an NFL hall of famer coaching their position

He was straight garbage recruiting wise his last couple of years at UM, especially in his home-state which was one of the reasons we had a punter moonlighting as a WR. Hard pass.
Imagine what he’d be like recruiting now 20 years later as a 60 year old man.

This recruiting grind is a young man’s game.

Advertisement
I don’t think the majority of our fans realize how important recruiting is and how most major teams stash monster recruiters at positions like RB, TE, WR coaches. You don’t have to be football’s inventor to coach those positions. We need some absolute recruiting killers on this staff, and we are wasting the WR position on Stumblebum.
Precisely Chise.

Our staff needs an infusion of guys who can sell the program & get LOI signatures, we don't really have a dynamic ace on staff that can do that, we need one on Offense & Defense.

We're only discussing the WR's coaches now in this thread, but I sincerely hope somebody on the BOT or Highsmith if he's brought in sits Diaz down & makes him understand he needs to send Patke on his way, he's a worse recruiter than Rumph which is really saying something.

I'd get an elite recruiter at WR coach, fire Patke, find me a top tier recruiter on Defense like Cornell Ford & bring on Telly Lockette as a Special teams coach as well just as icing on the cake.

This staff needs a total reshuffle on Offense & Defense.

Precisely Chise.

Our staff needs an infusion of guys who can sell the program & get LOI signatures, we don't really have a dynamic ace on staff that can do that, we need one on Offense & Defense.

We're only discussing the WR's coaches now in this thread, but I sincerely hope somebody on the BOT or Highsmith if he's brought in sits Diaz down & makes him understand he needs to send Patke on his way, he's a worse recruiter than Rumph which is really saying something.

I'd get an elite recruiter at WR coach, fire Patke, find me a top tier recruiter on Defense like Cornell Ford & bring on Telly Lockette as a Special teams coach as well just as icing on the cake.

Can we get rid of Baker while we're at it?

Precisely Chise.

Exactly. Too many analytics type hermit nerds on this staff. We need an infusion of some young hungry silver tongued slick talking shysters on offense and defense.

Exactly. Too many analytics type hermit nerds on this staff. We need an infusion of some young hungry silver tongued slick talking shysters on offense and defense.

As an analytics nerd, I take great offense calling these cuckolds on the current Miami staff "analytics nerds"...only ANALytics they understand are the number of inches their wives can take from the back on an average Friday night.

Advertisement
Back