WR separation.. Is is talent? or OC/QB

My take, FWIW: we are constantly in max protection and sending 2 - 3 WRs up against 7 - 8 defenders because every team since the aTm game has been playing zone against us. That's the biggest reason why there's no separation. Our routes also generally require precision timing. We're not scheming anyone open. It's essentially run directly into coverage and come back to the ball.

Advertisement
My take, FWIW: we are constantly in max protection and sending 2 - 3 WRs up against 7 - 8 defenders because every team since the aTm game has been playing zone against us. That's the biggest reason why there's no separation. Our routes also generally require precision timing. We're not scheming anyone open. It's essentially run directly into coverage and come back to the ball.
My thoughts exactly.

If the OL was actually as good as some think it is then we wouldn’t be using a TE, extra OL, and a RB in pass pro.

They’re treating that position group like they should have done a year ago when there was no talent.

Like a few other here have said, it’s tough to get separation when your TE has significantly less athleticism and pass catching skills than Eric Winston or Jason Fox when they got here. We also don’t use our RB’s at all. It’s hard to get much separation when you have 3 WR’s against 6+ dropping into coverage.

Our personnel decisions are so weird. Why do we bring X or Young in as an H back set to block kick outs when we have multiple tight ends in the room that can do that AND run routes. It boggles my mind, especially because we haven’t set anything up with that set where one of them goes to block and then takes off or even an end around. Just no creativity and not good use of personnel imo. Everyone is upset about our passing game (rightfully so) but our run game is boring af and is straight “red” blocking or pin-pull with no creativity. You can be a run first team and have some great sets and play calls. Philly, Miami, and Detroit are some of the best right now on Sundays
This This and this again. You can bro ball and still be very creative. Dawson legit sucks imo

The question is what creates separation

To be honest, on Saturday Emory was very inaccurate. He missed on at 6 passes to receivers. Half of TVD interception were due to poor passes. Receivers are getting open "enough" for. Play to be made.
Luckily we got Judd the Stud coming

Advertisement
Me personally, I think it's primarily talent exacerbated by the fact we've done nothing to help it or offset it. Lashlee was a mid OC, don't care what anyone says. One thing he was good at was adjusting his passing game to offset talent deficiencies to scheme guys open. (Not going to comment on his run scheme, was basura)

Advertisement
Back