WR recruiting and Dugans Evaluations

Njoku - left
Ezzard - left
Hightower - left
Thomas - mediocre
Pope - bad
Harley - bad
Wiggins - bad

That's a ton of misses, and I didn't even mention the guys we didn't land or didn't offer.

Advertisement
Dugans was a disaster. Completely botched South Florida WR recruiting and did bad out of state (see Ezzard, Njoku and Hightower).
So since you would like to blame dugan's who would you not have taken now that you have the gift of hindsight. Cause I'm pretty sure you were one of the people who swore on all this current crap. By the way it's INCREDIBLY dense to blame someone for the current state of the wr unit when he wasn't here to develop any of them... It's also naive to never hold accountable any of the constants who remain. Y'all dip****s actually praise them on here instead. It's almost comical

So since you would like to blame dugan's who would you not have taken now that you have the gift of hindsight. Cause I'm pretty sure you were one of the people who swore on all this current crap. By the way it's INCREDIBLY dense to blame someone for the current state of the wr unit when he wasn't here to develop any of them... It's also naive to never hold accountable any of the constants who remain. Y'all dip****s actually praise them on here instead. It's almost comical

I was wrong on all of those kids. Hightower and Ezzard still have a chance to be good and I hope they succeed.

But the results for Miami are what they are. Dugans signed 7 receivers. Three are gone and three are average. The only one who did anything was Thomas and he brought off-field problems.

Y'all are stone cold crazy if you think any of those three would've developed into the players they are if they came here. Plenty of reasons kids leave. Our **** coaching is in the forefront of alot of those. I'm sure most of y'all will mention our current coaches and with the exception of possibly 3 of them they haven't been able to develop anyone anywhere EVER...
Coaches help to some extent,but at the end of the day is the players catching the balls and makings the plays.ahmon Richards came in broke ums freshman record.if he would of not gotten injured most likely would of been a first rounder.my grandma could of being his coach and the kid still would of balled.

I was wrong on all of those kids. Hightower and Ezzard still have a chance to be good and I hope they succeed.

But the results for Miami are what they are. Dugans signed 7 receivers. Three are gone and three are average. The only one who did anything was Thomas and he brought off-field problems.
So you blame there development on him even though he's been gone for two of the three years they've been here and was undermined **** near to the point of being sabotaged in the one he was here for... Which on top of the joke of an offense it had Malik rosier( easily the worst qb we have had besides kirby freeman )as the starting qb of our bubble screen passing attack. That's like me holding you accountable for some of these *** clowns on here... C'mon bruh. Be better than that. I gaurentee you several of these current kids would be beasts elsewhere with the right offense and staff in place to develop them. You also need an offense that complements your skill set. We are just now developing that. All this doom and gloom **** is tiring.

Advertisement
Coaches help to some extent,but at the end of the day is the players catching the balls and makings the plays.ahmon Richards came in broke ums freshman record.if he would of not gotten injured most likely would of been a first rounder.my grandma could of being his coach and the kid still would of balled.
Are the players picking and choosing the routes and primary recievers too? I think I understand the relevance of coaches. Pretty sure I'll stick to what I said.

So you blame there development on him even though he's been gone for two of the three years they've been here and was undermined **** near to the point of being sabotaged in the one he was here for... Which on top of the joke of an offense it had Malik rosier( easily the worst qb we have had besides kirby freeman )as the starting qb of our bubble screen passing attack. That's like me holding you accountable for some of these *** clowns on here... C'mon bruh. Be better than that. I gaurentee you several of these current kids would be beasts elsewhere with the right offense and staff in place to develop them. You also need an offense that complements your skill set. We are just now developing that. All this doom and gloom **** is tiring.

You can’t go three years without signing a difference-making WR at Miami. Some of it is development, but the impact guys usually flash early. Same issues you see at FSU now.

Likens needs to be held to a high standard like Dugans. His unit did not perform against Clemson. If it’s a problem with the players, he is expected to improve the talent level. Miami is not Miami without feared wide receivers.

Dugans reached for big bodies. He admitted he doesn't like small guys. It's Rumph syndrome- he gets guys who play like himself.

South Florida produced a ton of dynamic playmakers that he ignored because he didn't want too many small guys. A great big receiver is still a huge asset, but we need playmakers first and foremost. Explosive plays are the name of the game in 2020.
Part of it is our lack of evident criteria when you get past the size topic.

IMO, if you go small, go explosive. If you go big, go physical. We’ve wound up with big guys who aren’t great at using their size and small guys who aren’t good enough at separation.

In any case, we need a mix of traits. We’ve evaluated poorly at wr for a long time.

Advertisement
You can’t go three years without signing a difference-making WR at Miami. Some of it is development, but the impact guys usually flash early. Same issues you see at FSU now.

Likens needs to be held to a high standard like Dugans. His unit did not perform against Clemson. If it’s a problem with the players, he is expected to improve the talent level. Miami is not Miami without feared wide receivers.
Dugans didn't go three years without signing a difference maker. Likens will be fine. I get your point but you're holding the wrong person accountable.. everyone's entitled to their own opinions though right or wrong.

Dugans reached for big bodies. He admitted he doesn't like small guys. It's Rumph syndrome- he gets guys who play like himself.

South Florida produced a ton of dynamic playmakers that he ignored because he didn't want too many small guys. A great big receiver is still a huge asset, but we need playmakers first and foremost. Explosive plays are the name of the game in 2020.
You guys are hypocrites. Y'all gonna say he reaches for big bodies and needs the productive small explosive south floriduh playmakers. Lmfao then y'all say what horrible misses he had while here. Guess what first and foremost the worst misses were these south floriduh explosive playmakers. Cant have it both ways & act like y'all weren't dyin to have pope and y'all weren't goin crazy over harley. Lmao. Guess what dugans didn't want no part of harley. He was talked into him by someone I feel no need to discuss any further. But y'all don't wanna hear that. Elijah moore wasnt even in the same class if I remember right. So hold him accountable for tutu and you're in denial if you wanna act like tutu would've been even similar here to what he is at Louisville. Y'all would just be saying he was another bad eval. Besides the oline on offense the evals haven't been horrible. THE DEVELOPMENT ON THE OTHER HAND HAS BEEN...

You guys are hypocrites. Y'all gonna say he reaches for big bodies and needs the productive small explosive south floriduh playmakers. Lmfao then y'all say what horrible misses he had while here. Guess what first and foremost the worst misses were these south floriduh explosive playmakers. Cant have it both ways & act like y'all weren't dyin to have pope and y'all weren't goin crazy over harley. Lmao. Guess what dugans didn't want no part of harley. He was talked into him by someone I feel no need to discuss any further. But y'all don't wanna hear that. Elijah moore wasnt even in the same class if I remember right. So hold him accountable for tutu and you're in denial if you wanna act like tutu would've been even similar here to what he is at Louisville. Y'all would just be saying he was another bad eval. Besides the oline on offense the evals haven't been horrible. THE DEVELOPMENT ON THE OTHER HAND HAS BEEN...
That’s the benefit of hindsight bro, you know if there was any other positional group that was this concerning heading to year 3 we would harp on them just as worst, Even O-line play slightly improved from what they were last year... Also WR is not the only position that’s affected by bad O-line and awful scheming and terrible development, Every position on that side of the ball is, yet they’re the only ones showing inadequacies in year 3. You can literally argue that there’s a playmaker starting in every position on offense except for WR and maybe O-line because we have yet to see Walker or Rivers both play. Does bad O-line and bad scheming not affect RB play? Cam, Chaney and Rooster were the best RB core before they played #1 team in the nation. What about TE play? Brevin Jordan has been a Mackey Award finalist and ACC all American, Mallory is a stud also. If pope or Harly played for Bama could they be developed different? Probably so, there’s also the probability that they wouldn’t see the field over Juedy. Ruggs. Smith and Waddle.

Idk

Idk how true this is but I’m of that same opinion. Houston wideouts even if shorter are extremely well built and physical. All of our wideouts coming out of high school are fast and near 200 already. The south Florida wideout seems like it needs a lot of work in comparison. Of course their are the guys that are just ballers

Majority of our high schools dont have a true s&c. I mean at all. That being said its ALWAYS been like that down here.
Guys may look rocked up or whatever. Elsewhere ..but when it comes to the wr position ..south florida has produced the best route runners the nfl is getting for years consistently. There isn't a part of the country that likely compares..AND these guys are fast.

I have kids that I know that are like 11yrs old that I guarantee can run better routes than most states high school players. These are facts too

Advertisement
Majority of our high schools dont have a true s&c. I mean at all. That being said its ALWAYS been like that down here.
Guys may look rocked up or whatever. Elsewhere ..but when it comes to the wr position ..south florida has produced the best route runners the nfl is getting for years consistently. There isn't a part of the country that likely compares..AND these guys are fast.

I have kids that I know that are like 11yrs old that I guarantee can run better routes than most states high school players. These are facts too
I don’t disagree with you. South Florida still produces the better WR’s. I’m just saying the play styles and body types are different. A lot of our guys are running backs that kept getting taller and then learned to run routes

I don’t disagree with you. South Florida still produces the better WR’s. I’m just saying the play styles and body types are different. A lot of our guys are running backs that kept getting taller and then learned to run routes
We typically have Tu Tu Atwell types. Guys that were at qb in pop Warner and move over to the skills later. But I have seen a big development in pop Warner down here where guys are being slated to their positions from that age. No more Dbs that had to play on the ol because of weight restrictions.

- I think alot of this is hyperbole though. Because we have ran a trash offensive system counter productive to our wrs. And this year we finally have gotten a system that fits and ws have a pandemic. We still have time to watch the rest of the season and make our statements from then. I cant condemn south florida wrs because of Dee Wiggins, Pope, and Harley especially considering other than Pope they weren't considered south florida top dogs in the first place, and in Pope case his was from camps and 7 ons and not pad work. (I was never a big pope fan)

I mean got **** Boston College has a south florida wr currently going off...and kid couldn't be picked out of a line up down here as a player.

We typically have Tu Tu Atwell types. Guys that were at qb in pop Warner and move over to the skills later. But I have seen a big development in pop Warner down here where guys are being slated to their positions from that age. No more Dbs that had to play on the ol because of weight restrictions.

- I think alot of this is hyperbole though. Because we have ran a trash offensive system counter productive to our wrs. And this year we finally have gotten a system that fits and ws have a pandemic. We still have time to watch the rest of the season and make our statements from then. I cant condemn south florida wrs because of Dee Wiggins, Pope, and Harley especially considering other than Pope they weren't considered south florida top dogs in the first place, and in Pope case his was from camps and 7 ons and not pad work. (I was never a big pope fan)

I mean got **** Boston College has a south florida wr currently going off...and kid couldn't be picked out of a line up down here as a player.
Seems like we’re the only ones who get the studs in HS but then questionable in college. Bama had 3 of the best route runners in the past 10 years (Cooper, Ridley, Juedy) also go on to be 3 first rounders, and is getting another in Jacorey Brooks. Clemson got Ladson, UGA got baby Ridley and Marcus Rosemy. Only other team who’s 4-5 star receivers flame out in college is FSU (Lane,Rudolph,Tate,Phillips) Yikes WR recruitment these past 5 years might be bad 2nd to DB recruitment. That’s why I can’t wait for this 2021-2022 class to come and change that for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s the benefit of hindsight bro, you know if there was any other positional group that was this concerning heading to year 3 we would harp on them just as worst, Even O-line play slightly improved from what they were last year... Also WR is not the only position that’s affected by bad O-line and awful scheming and terrible development, Every position on that side of the ball is, yet they’re the only ones showing inadequacies in year 3. You can literally argue that there’s a playmaker starting in every position on offense except for WR and maybe O-line because we have yet to see Walker or Rivers both play. Does bad O-line and bad scheming not affect RB play? Cam, Chaney and Rooster were the best RB core before they played #1 team in the nation. What about TE play? Brevin Jordan has been a Mackey Award finalist and ACC all American, Mallory is a stud also. If pope or Harly played for Bama could they be developed different? Probably so, there’s also the probability that they wouldn’t see the field over Juedy. Ruggs. Smith and Waddle.
The oline play absolutely has affected running back play and the tight end position. The system we've ran for years however including right now features those two positions. Backs for obvious reasons and the tight end because they are the most physical underneath/check downs available. Were fortunate they are as athletic as they are. Don't be confused though that those two positions are looking so great. You mention both those positions like they've been outstanding. When reality is they've thrived against inferior talent. However they've nowhere near peaked. They have the benefit of playing guys who deserve to be on the field cause honestly you can't go wrong with any of them. Apples to oranges you wanna see the rb position get exponentially better in the snap of the fingers, then stop forcing cam constantly and just like at wr let the better talent(the youngins)eat... Mandy has a thing where he seems to believe older means more reliable... You fill that in from there. Its like cancer. You just gotta cut that **** out.

Yea these 5’10-6’1 receivers who weigh a buck 60 and rely on their 4.4 speed. (Guys like Pope) will be extinct in CFB come a couple years. Dk Metcalf & Julio Jones are already showing to be the standard prototype.

No they won't.

They will just be more resigned to the slot than in the past.

No they won't.

They will just be more resigned to the slot than in the past.
Put it like this. Unless you’re running routes like Juedy or Ridley, the success rate for a 5’10-6’1 receiver who weighs 160 and doesn’t have the adequate strength get off the line clean, run the route and fight through contested catches or 50/50 jump balls is getting lower by the day. Not to say undersize receivers won’t have a role. I think Brashard Smith is an example of someone who’s going to thrive in this system but he’s also 5’9 190 and has some decent size on him.

Advertisement
Back