2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario got those guys. I know the timeframe on Wes but those two were Mario.

SFE has been talked about on this board before. I think it’s been mentioned that their sponsor is an Ohio State guy. They’re not UM-friendly IMO… and they’re not obliged to be either. We need to do more to combat that the same way.

People get why kids are choosing schools with a recent track record of success like Ohio State. That doesn’t mean we want them on UM’s campus recruiting for the enemy.

Jeremiah Smith literally seems to be Ohio State’s class ambassador. I’ve seen some of the Twitter things. It does not make people emotional haters because they don’t want him around while he’s in that role.
For sure i give mario credit, im saying its still alot in limbo a kid making that decision in the aftermath of everything is tuff. I didn’t hear nothing about loyalty then, we didn’t have a dc de or lb coach and they committed.

And i think you’re misinterpreting me with the osu/sfe stuff, im not denying that they could be possibly influencing them, i see them on the internet being osu friendly its *** em. Im saying they still dont have as much influence as it seems, if a kid is gonna go to osu he’s gonna go its not like there going somewhere out of left field, then id understand.

And yea Jeremiah is repping osu hard but his recruitment is still going lol its not some kind of infiltration going on lmao i think thats a reach. I was only saying people are emotional for saying we should stop recruiting him this is big boy recruiting u don’t just throw in the towel in april

Advertisement
For sure i give mario credit, im saying its still alot in limbo a kid making that decision in the aftermath of everything is tuff. I didn’t hear nothing about loyalty then, we didn’t have a dc de or lb coach and they committed.

And i think you’re misinterpreting me with the osu/sfe stuff, im not denying that they could be possibly influencing them, i see them on the internet being osu friendly its *** em. Im saying they still dont have as much influence as it seems, if a kid is gonna go to osu he’s gonna go its not like there going somewhere out of left field, then id understand.

And yea Jeremiah is repping osu hard but his recruitment is still going lol its not some kind of infiltration going on lmao i think thats a reach. I was only saying people are emotional for saying we should stop recruiting him.
They’re going to recruit him bc that’s what they do. I think it’s a waste of time right now. They should focus on kids they have a reasonable shot with. I’m not remotely sold that we’ll get Trader either. I think we’re going to struggle in the interim at recruiting WRs and QBs. I’d really focus on where we can become elite first - in the trenches - and build outwardly from there.

They’re going to recruit him bc that’s what they do. I think it’s a waste of time right now. They should focus on kids they have a reasonable shot with. I’m not remotely sold that we’ll get Trader either. I think we’re going to struggle in the interim at recruiting WRs and QBs. I’d really focus on where we can become elite first - in the trenches - and build outwardly from there.
Agreed, i think they’ll do both tho mario doesn’t know what stop means in recruiting. i think we’ll get some good wrs this class tho, offense can’t get worse and there are spots open. Qb is more of a worry imo

You just lied man lmao

Just ignore that manny landed a top 10 class with top sfla guys, kam james LT u familiar lol? He just was a mid recruiter and terrible evaluator

I dont make excuses, they dont need none i just see how delusional this fanbase is
Lied? That was no crazy recruiting class. Man was here trying to murder mike Rumph because we had to take b list CBs as they all went elsewhere. We couldnt get into Heritage. Man lucked out cuz the kids couldnt take visits and players like James and LT stayed home.

And even before that when Tyson Campbell them were coming out we had one of the most exciting defenses, top 5 in takeaways, sacks, good against the run, fans in the stands, when Diaz was the DC with the turnover chain. All the elite DBs left. Which is the period am talking about. We couldnt recruit 1 LB worth a **** after we got the 3 FR. Thats with a top 5 defense all through 2016 up to Manny became HC. No one is delusional those are facts. You are constantly here talking bout its performance when its proven to be false to defend these kids playing games. And defending Ohio loving SFE. I think u are one of them man.

"oh they offered too late, oh they got a big bag, oh they need wins, oh they wanna leave the state, oh they wanna leave the galaxy, oh Brian Hartline, oh his momma, oh his daddy, ooooh"

I get what you’re saying, but we routinely get the wrong guys.. see Zay Flowers. Not only have we not developed properly but the evaluation part is the biggest issue. Just look at the WRs we’ve brought in since Shannon. The list is long and many of those guys had low ceilings.

The guys who ended up developing into something had 1 thing in common: work ethic

Travis Benjiman (very good speed and work wthic)
Leonard Hanker (work ethic)
Phillip Dorsett (speed and work ethic)
Allen Hurns (work ethic)
Braxton Berrios (short area quickness and work ethic)

I don’t count guys like KJ Osborne or the kid from OU

We routinely recruit WRs who are ****** lazy and poses zero work ethic. You can’t turn chicken **** into chicken salad. You’ve got to get the evaluation correct.
Work ethic is tough thing to evaluate. Outside of asking the kid's coaches, parents and handlers (who aren't likely to say anything negative) college coaches don't get see these kids day in and day out. **** that's something that even NFL coaches and GMs don't really hit on consistently. Some kids might have the mentality that their natural talent what they did in HS will get them where they need to go. Same way we see NFL players bust because they get paid and don't keep that same drive. When it comes to how hard a kid is going to work to become better you just never know.

I will say we haven't put kids in good position to succeed by being reluctant to move to a spread offense which a lot of these kids grew up playing. We saw Lashlee do some good things here then Mario hired a Big Ten bum. Hopefully this Dawson guy is the goods.

Advertisement
Lied? That was no crazy recruiting class. Man was here trying to murder mike Rumph because we had to take b list CBs as they all went elsewhere. We couldnt get into Heritage. Man lucked out cuz the kids couldnt take visits and players like James and LT stayed home.

And even before that when Tyson Campbell them were coming out we had one of the most exciting defenses, top 5 in takeaways, sacks, good against the run, fans in the stands, when Diaz was the DC with the turnover chain. All the elite DBs left. Which is the period am talking about. We couldnt recruit 1 LB worth a **** after we got the 3 FR. Thats with a top 5 defense all through 2016 up to Manny became HC. No one is delusional those are facts. You are constantly here talking bout its performance when its proven to be false to defend these kids playing games. And defending Ohio loving SFE. I think u are one of them man.

"oh they offered too late, oh they got a big bag, oh they need wins, oh they wanna leave the state, oh they wanna leave the galaxy, oh Brian Hartline, oh his momma, oh his daddy, ooooh"
This the emotional **** im talking about 😂😂😂😂we whiffed on the lbs and had bad evaluations how the **** is that on sfla and not manny??? He was turning ***** DEs into LBs lmao and he got k smith and huff who were top lb here just because they were bad evaluations and had bad development u just ignore it for this agenda lol. Everybody here said rumph is a mid recruiter, one cycle with trob and dvd and we got some corners. Literally had the #8 class after 2017

You mentioned tyson but left out that we got al blades and didn’t recruit asante jr who starts in the nfl, you pick n choose on what to get mad at. We got nesta who was a top player here, we literally got the top rb from dade and broward where was this disloyal talk then? James and lt top 2 players here nobody says **** about nothing.

You just proved you just emotionally say ****, so wrapped up that u forget the kids that come here😂😂😂. And yes i said the school performance matters, who u think gets the elite classes??? The bad schools? And all that other stuff u mentioned with late offers n **** is just he say she say we dont know these people and there situations. There are player by player situations, everyone not the same, some want their kids to get away from the environment , some kids wanna go, some are sold by this coach etc etc thats not excuses, thats not disloyalty that’s reality that u cant see cause u emotional 😂😂😂😂😭😭

You think i give af bout a 7on7 team man? *** sfe immortals defcon all of em man idc bout that **** lmao no 7on7 program is gonna stop us from getting a recruit

This the emotional **** im talking about 😂😂😂😂we whiffed on the lbs and had bad evaluations how the **** is that on sfla and not manny??? He was turning ***** DEs into LBs lmao and he got k smith and huff who were top lb here just because they were bad evaluations and had bad development u just ignore it for this agenda lol. Everybody here said rumph is a mid recruiter, one cycle with trob and dvd and we got some corners. Literally had the #8 class after 2017

You mentioned tyson but left out that we got al blades and didn’t recruit asante jr who starts in the nfl, you pick n choose on what to get mad at. We got nesta who was a top player here, we literally got the top rb from dade and broward where was this disloyal talk then? James and lt top 2 players here nobody says **** about nothing.

You just proved you just emotionally say ****, so wrapped up that u forget the kids that come here😂😂😂. And yes i said the school performance matters, who u think gets the elite classes??? The bad schools? And all that other stuff u mentioned with late offers n **** is just he say she say we dont know these people and there situations. There are player by player situations, everyone not the same, some want their kids to get away from the environment , some kids wanna go, some are sold by this coach etc etc thats not excuses, thats not disloyalty that’s reality that u cant see cause u emotional 😂😂😂😂😭😭

You think i give af bout a 7on7 team man? *** sfe immortals defcon all of em man idc bout that **** lmao no 7on7 program is gonna stop us from getting a recruit
You keep saying 2 things, emotional and disloyal. I aint said **** about disloyal. We had this back and forth since last season, i do not give a phack if they are loyal or not. All i said is if they are playing games, move on. So that disloyal stuff u saying is a 2 way street. We wasted months recruiting Innis, he was never coming, never, he committed to OU even before his JR year ended.

Next thing u keep saying (@Dwinstitles ) " you're being emotional, why are you being emotional?". Thats not an insult to me, we are fans of Miami, when we win and yall here celebrating, thats emotion, when we lose and yall mad, thats emotional. Watching **** play out the same and saying ok, lets not do that again. Is cold calculation. But if it makes you feel better keep saying emotional. I could say your emotional, u quick to jump to defend SFE and these kids at every chance. They cant do no wrong. Just a different emotion.

Finally them players u named were not the top players we wanted, maybe Nesta. What tf bad evaluations have to do with the best players making the staff jump through hoops knowing they going elsewhere. Yall cant use no more excuses about bags, not enough contact or none a that so now its i wanna see results. "you're emotional, stup being so emotional".

I keep saying i dont care if they are loyal, they can do what they want. I said it last time, seen it in Hykeem and Innis. Wasted a year recruiting them. But we should blow them and SFE like a Vuzvuzella in your opinion. And you always defending some man(SFE) u dont care about. Weird. Its just them and their link to Ohio we having issues with at this point.

When they were taking Manny for a ride i was not on these kids like that. The program was not spending and acting like a big program, Manny was negligent. But now i look back at it, it was all bull. Because now we are acting like a big program, giving them attention and they are making up new excuses.

Advertisement
You keep saying 2 things, emotional and disloyal. I aint said **** about disloyal. We had this back and forth since last season, i do not give a phack if they are loyal or not. All i said is if they are playing games, move on. So that disloyal stuff u saying is a 2 way street. We wasted months recruiting Innis, he was never coming, never, he committed to OU even before his JR year ended.

Next thing u keep saying (@Dwinstitles ) " you're being emotional, why are you being emotional?". Thats not an insult to me, we are fans of Miami, when we win and yall here celebrating, thats emotion, when we lose and yall mad, thats emotional. Watching **** play out the same and saying ok, lets not do that again. Is cold calculation. But if it makes you feel better keep saying emotional. I could say your emotional, u quick to jump to defend SFE and these kids at every chance. They cant do no wrong. Just a different emotion.

Finally them players u named were not the top players we wanted, maybe Nesta. What tf bad evaluations have to do with the best players making the staff jump through hoops knowing they going elsewhere. Yall cant use no more excuses about bags, not enough contact or none a that so now its i wanna see results. "you're emotional, stup being so emotional".

I keep saying i dont care if they are loyal, they can do what they want. I said it last time, seen it in Hykeem and Innis. Wasted a year recruiting them. But we should blow them and SFE like a Vuzvuzella in your opinion. And you always defending some man(SFE) u dont care about. Weird. Its just them and their link to Ohio we having issues with at this point.

When they were taking Manny for a ride i was not on these kids like that. The program was not spending and acting like a big program, Manny was negligent. But now i look back at it, it was all bull. Because now we are acting like a big program, giving them attention and they are making up new excuses.
You keep arguing two different thing’s because you are too invested in narratives. Im saying you are emotional and delusional because you think **** like people make excuses for kids for **** like bags,success, circumstances in their life or how well they are recruited.

Those aren’t excuses people make for kids thats reality of recruiting in cfb, thats why i say you are emotional because u see **** like that and say stop recruiting these kids or dont let them on campus 😂😂😂that’s being emotional man imagine if the staff thought like you we wouldn’t land anyone. You think someone saying oh they offered late is an excuse, or the wr production here is an excuse, oh i want my kid away from this environment is a new excuse..no dude those are things that go on all across the country 😂😂😂😂

I hear both of your sides, I really do.

That last paragraph though, we might be talking the walk, but we aren't walking the walk. Not on gameday and not when you lose two more games with the new guy.

I don't blame them. Show them substance, not window dressing. We can be a player in the NIL game, but you can't pay enough in certain circumstances (Innis is a huge example) to overcome the product on the field. He looked long term and made the right decision. He still made money going there, they aren't absent of NIL deals.

In conclusion, we're acting like a big deal. We aren't though, it's just all talk, until we make some noise on the field or in the draft.

You keep arguing two different thing’s because you are too invested in narratives. Im saying you are emotional and delusional because you think **** like people make excuses for kids for **** like bags,success, circumstances in their life or how well they are recruited.

Those aren’t excuses people make for kids thats reality of recruiting in cfb, thats why i say you are emotional because u see **** like that and say stop recruiting these kids or dont let them on campus 😂😂😂that’s being emotional man imagine if the staff thought like you we wouldn’t land anyone. You think someone saying oh they offered late is an excuse, or the wr production here is an excuse, oh i want my kid away from this environment is a new excuse..no dude those are things that go on all across the country 😂😂😂😂
Let me give you an example of why i dont buy that stuff u talking about results. Ima leave Texas and Texas A&M. They have some football pedigree and 1 play in the SEC soon to be both. You remember when UNC had Butch Davis and they started getting all these 5 star recruits. There was no results for them to go there for, and they have no national pedigree to speak of and they are in the ACC like us.

These things that yall saying, only apply to Miami and make sense only to yall. There is a difference between kids who seriously consider us and ones who are playing games. And i know which is which. The ones shuffled to Ohio by SFE are not to be taken seriously. And if u gonna make all these excuses as to why theese kids should leave, its further proof we wasting time and resources. And no am not arguing 2 different things, i pointing how yall flipped the excuses from when Manny was here to new ones, now that we are doing the same things that yall said enticed them elsewhere before.

JJ is not coming here, just like i wanna bang megan the stallion, i can inbox her 600 times, she not letting me hit.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane will say TrumpyCane’s piece

Mario is considered one of the best recruiters in the country. He just landed a class that was Top 7 in the country and if not for some ****ery would have been Top 5 class coming off one of the worst seasons in Miami history and some awful losses

People saying Smith is tweeting pro OSU stuff, etc and saying Mario should stop wasting his time. You don’t think Mario knows what’s going on with these kids? You don’t think he has people in the recruiting department folllowimg these kids and reporting things to Mario?

If Mario thinks we have a shot TrumpyCane would tend to believe we do have a shot. **** insiders said for example in Innis’s case he would most likely be here if we didn’t put up a historically awful offense

On another note Mario has said numerous times you recruit these kids because you never know the situation in the future. Kids change their minds, they can transfer, etc

Agreed, i think they’ll do both tho mario doesn’t know what stop means in recruiting. i think we’ll get some good wrs this class tho, offense can’t get worse and there are spots open. Qb is more of a worry imo
So I take it you’re not sold on the #1 Law Firm in the Deep South, Emory and Judd?? Not sure if you’ve heard but Stetson and Mac were both 3 stars….

So I take it you’re not sold on the #1 Law Firm in the Deep South, Emory and Judd?? Not sure if you’ve heard but Stetson and Mac were both 3 stars….
are we bringing in the talent Mac had around him at Bama at the skill positions? we are not. on top of that, Bama inst even recruiting QBs that way lol. Mac was their transition to Young from Tua as a stop gap where he was fortunate enough to have ELITE WR and RB talent around him. ALA has been landing elite QB after QB as a rule not an exception since they Made their offensive transition

what about Bowers is better than any skill position player we've had here in over 20 years.

Advertisement
Never ceases to amaze me how much time and energy is wasted here on kids that we have no shot with.

21941311-2403-4096-BA99-83196D9A416F.gif

TrumpyCane will say TrumpyCane’s piece

Mario is considered one of the best recruiters in the country. He just landed a class that was Top 7 in the country and if not for some ****ery would have been Top 5 class coming off one of the worst seasons in Miami history and some awful losses

People saying Smith is tweeting pro OSU stuff, etc and saying Mario should stop wasting his time. You don’t think Mario knows what’s going on with these kids? You don’t think he has people in the recruiting department folllowimg these kids and reporting things to Mario?

If Mario thinks we have a shot TrumpyCane would tend to believe we do have a shot. **** insiders said for example in Innis’s case he would most likely be here if we didn’t put up a historically awful offense

On another note Mario has said numerous times you recruit these kids because you never know the situation in the future. Kids change their minds, they can transfer, etc
But when do you cut the cord? Normally, I would agree with your "on another note' sentence. If a kid doesn't troll and handles his business like an adult with respect I have no issue continuing to try.

However, as with anything there is a risk reward benefit. Smith is very high on our board to no surprise. We are likely devoting a great amount of time and resources to him. Could that time and those resources perhaps be better spend elsewhere as opposed to trying to come in #2 for a recruit hoping he gets homesick and transfers?

For the record I am on the side that says keep recruiting Smith. But when I read somewhere Smith was one pushing Air to OSU it soured me a bit. Pushing a recruit to the school you are openly committed to that Miami is not recruiting or no mutual interest? No problem. But if you are telling the Canes enough to have them continue to spend time and money, then you help sway our #1 QB target away from us? At a position of need that the recruit deeply cares about (WR tend to want to have a stud QB)? That is a red flag IMO.

Let me give you an example of why i dont buy that stuff u talking about results. Ima leave Texas and Texas A&M. They have some football pedigree and 1 play in the SEC soon to be both. You remember when UNC had Butch Davis and they started getting all these 5 star recruits. There was no results for them to go there for, and they have no national pedigree to speak of and they are in the ACC like us.

These things that yall saying, only apply to Miami and make sense only to yall. There is a difference between kids who seriously consider us and ones who are playing games. And i know which is which. The ones shuffled to Ohio by SFE are not to be taken seriously. And if u gonna make all these excuses as to why theese kids should leave, its further proof we wasting time and resources. And no am not arguing 2 different things, i pointing how yall flipped the excuses from when Manny was here to new ones, now that we are doing the same things that yall said enticed them elsewhere before.

JJ is not coming here, just like i wanna bang megan the stallion, i can inbox her 600 times, she not letting me hit.
The point just be flying right over yo head lmao

And u are once again stating false information, texas and texas a&m lose top kids from there area every year and have been for decades. And thats a bad example because we just landed a top class after being 5-7 because we actually have an elite recruiter in there. There plenty of people who have said we would just bow down to big school’s coming here lol.

You confusing excuses with the reality of cfb recruiting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back