2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Guarantee he’ll be back on campus lol
RIGHT! I came here just to say this. I feel like he's trolling but even if he did get his lil sissified feelings hurt, once the season start, he'll be over it. And like it's been reported, he's been on campus 8 times already lol.

Advertisement
Smh I’m tired of loyalty only being a one way street with Miami and sfl recruits. If we don’t recruit a kid out of the womb in sfl the hs ostracizes us and if we do we get trolled. This is why I’m all for casting a wider net nationally for recruits that wanna be here.
There's a balance. You don't want to ostracize local programs but there's going to be a ton of eggs on faces one day for these coaches/handlers/family members that allowed these kids to disrespect their local program like this.

How long before u hear its the tweeet that sent him away. Lol. I wouldnt and you shouldnt tweet at these kids.

Then again didnt he tweet that the Suckeye fans they need to chill out when they went after him? Aint stop him from going there. I know i know, Miami is held to different standards by the local ball huggers.

The guy who tweeted at him prolly never even been on campus.and find where it is without google maps lol

And one last thing.... Idk why but I kinda feel uneasy about how are staff acting like a bunch of simps. Like bruh..... Did we just start recruiting? Do they understand that telling fans to stop is not going to work and never will? Lol like this is some amateur hour ****. How long have they been doing this???

Just a couple weeks ago, Smith was saying the osu fans were tripping. Did their staff jump up to his defense?

Advertisement
I'm sorry man.... I'm trying to get off this but our staff looking like a bunch of b!tches right now.

For once I would like for DVD to stop trying to be best buds with these jits and actually put in some ******* professional work. Because last time I checked, being best buds with a recruit (Cormani) resulted in him looking foolish and getting his *** kicked on the trail.

If a recruit gets all bent out of shape over social media then I question some mental toughness.

He’s a high value recruit and they all get pressured and all get dumb *** comments regardless of fanbase.

It happens everywhere.

The pressure from osu is likely more of an issue than social media posts from UM fans.

And surprise!! He put himself in that spotlight.
He’s been saying he won’t official and has deleted any pro um tweets at the request of the suckeye staff. And yet he’s in campus and tweeted about Dawson and KB.

He’s a great receiver and will ball out. But that’s some weak sht if you can’t be yourself or express yourself over fear and intimidation by those that allegedly have your best interest.

Let him decommit from Ohio state and he’ll see how equally if not more rabid that fanbase can be.

Advertisement
Let me start off by saying I agree with your last sentence. Their job is to recruit so recruit. No issue there.

Now I do not know and I doubt you do either the amount of time, money and resources being used on Smith. To say he is "merely hosting him on some official" I think is downplaying it. He is a stud, he likely gets stud treatment whenever on campus. I doubt most unofficial visitors get to chill in Mario's office. The issue I will have is if we miss on a plan B that we could have landed if we spent less time chasing waterfalls. (figured you would appreciate the musical reference)

I do have an idea of the time, money, and resources. Resources is not a big deal anymore, certainly not as big as it once was when we had a LOT fewer people employed in Hecht. Are we scouting the kid? No. We know who he is. Are we making daily phone calls/tweets? Sure, just as we are with plenty of other recruits.

Money? Again, not an official visit. Can you impute some value associated with the time that coaches spend? Sure. But, again, this is what Mario does. He lavishes time and effort on plenty of kids, even those who are supposed to be "lost causes". Get used to it.

Time? I've kind-of already addressed that, but I'll also say this ONLY MATTERS if you can establish that the time spent detracted from the recruitment of another kid. And if there's anything that Mario has proven, it's that he has boundless energy to recruit every 4 and 5 star kid in the country. Now, if this was Manny Garcia, then maybe all the time he spent chasing 4 and 5 stars DID DETRACT from his eventual pursuit of 3-star diamonds in the rough. But so far, so good, under Mario.

Finally, who knows what the future holds? I certainly think that it's possible that the Cleveland Browns offer a ton of money to Hartline, and I'd certainly like to be Smith's "second-choice" if it comes to that.

We just need our fans to stop acting like pussies. Or the French in WWII.

Advertisement

Lol or what? He doesn't come to miami?

I'm not saying tweet at kids or anything crazy but it seems like the staff stays doing this cuck **** for kids that aren't coming here and have no problem ****ting on miami up until and after signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back