2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Man this is going to feel like YEARS until NSD if this kid keeps this drama going..
Some of this stuff you just have to ignore. The ball is in Mario's court to demonstrate ON THE FIELD in 2023 that the UM offense can put up points and have an efficient and effective passing game. Do that and then you have WR's calling YOU.

Mario won't quit recruiting this kid and he shouldn't. Always try even if it's bleak cause it's a home town kid. We as fans can give up or have no hope but they won't stop doing their jobs which is a good thing. Our old staffs gave up on plan C kids so imagine.

Truth.

Also, I'm not sure why people keep ****ing and moaning about the "time and effort" associated with a recruit like Smith. The more important issue is when you RELY on the longshot and don't recruit other guys as hard.

Last time I checked, Mario isn't holding a spot open for Smith, he's merely hosting him on some unofficial visits. What's the big deal?

Here's the reality. One of these days, the team will improve enough, the coaching will improve enough...that the effort will, in fact, pay off. Some kid who the "Miami has sucked for 20 years" porsters have written off will actually commit to Miami. And it will not be the product of one particular victory or one particular coach, it will be due to the fact that Miami had continued to recruit the kid for one or two years, even if it seemed likely that he was headed elsewhere.

I am 100% in favor of Mario and the rest of the coaches doing their jobs. Recruit, recruit, recruit. When we start landing the top kids in SoFla, it won't be because we started recruiting them one week earlier.

Advertisement
Some of this stuff you just have to ignore. The ball is in Mario's court to demonstrate ON THE FIELD in 2023 that the UM offense can put up points and have an efficient and effective passing game. Do that and then you have WR's calling YOU.
We can the greatest show on turf 2.0 and this lil SFE cuck still won’t come here

The staff just asked the whole UM internet community to chill the **** out because you're doing harm, and no one will. *******-A, man. if you don't have something positive to say to ANY TEAM'S RECRUIT, keep your mouth shut. We might be back-channeling them or trying to portal them one day.

Advertisement
Two things are annoying in this situation:
1) the leaked photo of Smith on campus in Mario's office leading to all this nonsense. Mario is obviously just chipping away and hoping that maybe if we have an offense that looks like an offense. Maybe an NIL big bag and a legit offense would help him flip. Playing the long game.
2) Smith should just man up and stop addressing the trolls. No one forced him to go UMs campus, he showed up. No need to try to clown on our hometown team when you chose to play in Ohio.

Lol wasnt it chance's dad that accidentally leaked the photo? Watch it be Miami luck.... we slow play Trader because we have Chance and Smith rated higher. Smith is the hail mary but we are slowly chipping away, chance we are closing in on.

Then Chance's dad accidentally tweets the pic, Smith gets the ultimatum for OSU, ****ed at UM for leaking the photo, Mario turns around and gets upset at Chance's dad for posting, Chance's dad convinces Chance not to come to UM, Mario hits Trader with the late night text to no avail and we end up with a "diamond in the rough" out of Pompano.

The staff just asked the whole UM internet community to chill the **** out because you're doing harm, and no one will. *******-A, man. if you don't have something positive to say to ANY TEAM'S RECRUIT, keep your mouth shut. We might be back-channeling them or trying to portal them one day.
You may be right but the internet will never do as much damage as Gattis just did

Reaching out to recruits via social media is just weird anyway. What we do on this site is already walking a fine line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Truth.

Also, I'm not sure why people keep ****ing and moaning about the "time and effort" associated with a recruit like Smith. The more important issue is when you RELY on the longshot and don't recruit other guys as hard.

Last time I checked, Mario isn't holding a spot open for Smith, he's merely hosting him on some unofficial visits. What's the big deal?

Here's the reality. One of these days, the team will improve enough, the coaching will improve enough...that the effort will, in fact, pay off. Some kid who the "Miami has sucked for 20 years" porsters have written off will actually commit to Miami. And it will not be the product of one particular victory or one particular coach, it will be due to the fact that Miami had continued to recruit the kid for one or two years, even if it seemed likely that he was headed elsewhere.

I am 100% in favor of Mario and the rest of the coaches doing their jobs. Recruit, recruit, recruit. When we start landing the top kids in SoFla, it won't be because we started recruiting them one week earlier.

Let me start off by saying I agree with your last sentence. Their job is to recruit so recruit. No issue there.

Now I do not know and I doubt you do either the amount of time, money and resources being used on Smith. To say he is "merely hosting him on some official" I think is downplaying it. He is a stud, he likely gets stud treatment whenever on campus. I doubt most unofficial visitors get to chill in Mario's office. The issue I will have is if we miss on a plan B that we could have landed if we spent less time chasing waterfalls. (figured you would appreciate the musical reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back