2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not only is Gattis a ****** OC. He’s also a ****** recruiter.

I feel like also sucking at recruiter has to **** Mario off more than sucking at coaching.

Advertisement
I TRIED TO TELL FOLKS AND IM PLUGGED IN ON THIS ONE.

ITS THE SAME EXACT THING WITH INNIS.

WE WOULD NEED A HUGE TURNAROUND NEXT YEAR ON OFFENSE TO EVEN GET BACK IN THE GAME.

THIS ISNT A KID CONTROLLED BY A GUY LIKE WIMBROW ETC....His older cousin is Geno Smith, his older brother went to the recruiting process before as well as he played Fcs ball, his dad understands recruiting and football as well as his uncle Geno (who is on sfe staff as well).

JJ was going to who produces wr's that get drafted on offense....that hasntt been us.
I can't stand that word "produce". What are they "producing"? They're stacking elite talent at WR position. Easy when the talent is elite walking through the door on day 1. Now, that they're coming in to an offensive system that plays to their strengths and puts them in a position to use their talent and put up numbers...yes. But they wouldn't be churning out top WR draft picks if the kids were 3 star, diamonds in the rough.

I can't stand that word "produce". What are they "producing"? They're stacking elite talent at WR position. Easy when the talent is elite walking through the door on day 1. Now, that they're coming in to an offensive system that plays to their strengths and puts them in a position to use their talent and put up numbers...yes. But they wouldn't be churning out top WR draft picks if the kids were 3 star, diamonds in the rough.

The elite talent still has to be "Productive". You answered what they are producing your own self in the bolded.

The elite talent still has to be "Productive". You answered what they are producing your own self in the bolded.
The point is on where the term "producing" is placed. Yes, they are productive because they are in an offensive system that puts them in a place to be productive. But OSU "producing" elite WRs and having a system that is productive through facilitating wide receiver play is not the same thing. At least not to me. Recruiting is the name of the game and if their system was so "bullet proof" it wouldn't matter who they recruited. Alabama's offensive system has been very different throughout the Saban era yet they've "produced" Julio Jones, Amari, Ridley, Jeudy, Devonta, Ruggs, Waddle. Two different systems yet the common denominator has been, that all the players are elite high 4star and 5star players.

They don't produce anything. They acquire talent, play to their strengths through their scheme and its a match made in heaven. If we acquired the same players, under Gattis, it wouldn't work because his scheme is not conducive to high volume wide receiver play. At least not the scheme we saw last year.

Advertisement
The J Smith commitment is suspect AF to me.
Very rare for the number one player at any position to commit so far out and stick.
It’s probably happened before but I’m not sure.
But just cause the number one player stuck to a school a year out from nsd a few years ago doesn’t mean that’s likely today considering nil and all the coaching movements that occur every year.

***** these losers, the city and fans should push back against this bull****. You don’t see this anywhere else in the country. Openly pushing kids away from the hometown school. Disgusting
Bailey has been an unmentioned plug of theirs to SoFl for a while. Went to Gibbons and did undergrad at ND. Just got promoted to TE coach

Advertisement
Maybe he realized he jumped the gun

Attachments

• 0743ACA6-7DC3-4805-84BD-DCB4C0204D28.png
    0743ACA6-7DC3-4805-84BD-DCB4C0204D28.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 190
Probably are right now....Miami should go about it in the way of offering guys like the QB at Chaminade (Cedrick Bailey), the rb at Chaminade (Bullet Gause) and pushing the team back up as all these guys played youth ball together for Miami Gardens Ravens.

JoJo Trader, JJ Smith, Ryan Mack (Rod Mack son) Vince Shavers (i coached him)

I would go that angle..
Really need Trader in this class. He wants to be here but we gave him about 75 reasons not to (whatever our yardage production average was)

We couldn’t even establish that last year.

This scheme is my biggest problem with Mario.
The scheme is a symptom of what appears like a rigid, antiquated view of modern offense and its role in winning football games. People are rightfully hopeful of Gattis’ termination, but I think we need to judge how willing Mario is to move away from the type of coordinators he’s previously hired (of which Gattis aligned, by the way).

I’d be pleasantly surprised by a selection of someone opposite of him, but I’d expect someone who at least doesn’t full agree with his apparent view. If it’s another dude who aligns, we’ll likely improve either way because it would be difficult to match Gattis’ disastrous approach, but I’ll be less enthusiastic.

Advertisement
There is no reason to commit this far out. Enjoy the process and take your visits.

Just like I tell my 19 year old nephew, you don’t need to date every girl you smash. **** sure don’t need to marry em lol

The scheme is a symptom of what appears like a rigid, antiquated view of modern offense and its role in winning football games. People are rightfully hopeful of Gattis’ termination, but I think we need to judge how willing Mario is to move away from the type of coordinators he’s previously hired (of which Gattis aligned, by the way).

I’d be pleasantly surprised by a selection of someone opposite of him, but I’d expect someone who at least doesn’t full agree with his apparent view. If it’s another dude who aligns, we’ll likely improve either way because it would be difficult to match Gattis’ disastrous approach, but I’ll be less enthusiastic.
Agreed but Mario would probably point UGA, Michigan and Bama (who have won a great deal of games the last 2 years) do not run what you’re probably talking about.

It's bizarre that Mario was on Saban's staff when he made this realization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back