2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Does Farrell really know anything? I mean that would seem very odd considering how Mario approaches relationships, schools, South Florida, and recruiting in general.

Sounds like some made up scenario by some goofy FSU people.
Not saying Farrell knows anything substantial but you can’t completely discount it knowing how “some” (not all) of these SFLA high school coaches are.

Does Farrell really know anything? I mean that would seem very odd considering how Mario approaches relationships, schools, South Florida, and recruiting in general.

Sounds like some made up scenario by some goofy FSU people.
Not only that but if it was true my guess is Mario drives right to the school and settles any issue face to face.

Everyone likes to make up how upset they are pecking at a keyboard but when confronted face to face its amazing how much anger turns to "well we were just disappointed but..."

And I dont mean fist fights or rage. I just mean keyboards are a great way to make most situations wayyyy worse then they really are.

Advertisement
If their ****ed about that oh well. Where they landed tells you about the caliber of players they were. I know their coach is a lifelong Cane fan so hard to imagine he’d steer kids away from us.
Ehhhhhh this is a myth. Landing spot does not equate talent in regards to the transfer portal in every instance. I work the transfer portal so I know how it goes. Some guys just don’t have the tape and where they come from matters too. Just like if a guy commits to Miami he magically loses his 5th star they also don’t reach out to guys who leave Miami regardless of talent because they’re deemed tainted goods. The only guys who would have gotten serious power 5 looks from last years team were KK, LT, TVD, JW, arroyo and mesidor

Ehhhhhh this is a myth. Landing spot does not equate talent in regards to the transfer portal in every instance. I work the transfer portal so I know how it goes. Some guys just don’t have the tape and where they come from matters too. Just like if a guy commits to Miami he magically loses his 5th star they also don’t reach out to guys who leave Miami regardless of talent because they’re deemed tainted goods. The only guys who would have gotten serious power 5 looks from last years team were KK, LT, TVD, JW, arroyo and mesidor
But we had plenty of guys transfer to other P5 teams.

Jake Garcia to Missouri
Campbell to Tennessee
Darrel Jackson to FSU
Rogers to MSU
Take to Maryland
Dunson to Baylor
Blades to Duke
Frierson to Louisville

Advertisement
But we had plenty of guys transfer to other P5 teams.

Jake Garcia to Missouri
Campbell to Tennessee
Darrel Jackson to FSU
Rogers to MSU
Take to Maryland
Dunson to Baylor
Blades to Duke
Frierson to Louisville
Frierson is a good player as is blades when healthy. Garcia was a highly recruited QB, Darrell Jackson wasn’t a Miami recruit, Rogers was a top 100 player as was tae. Dunson is a head scratcher but he has a fan in aranda. My point is tho it goes both ways. It’s not an absolute science or fact that the landing spot indicates talent. And all of those are pretty much lateral moves except for Campbell

Frierson is a good player as is blades when healthy. Garcia was a highly recruited QB, Darrell Jackson wasn’t a Miami recruit, Rogers was a top 100 player as was tae. Dunson is a head scratcher but he has a fan in aranda. My point is tho it goes both ways. It’s not an absolute science or fact that the landing spot indicates talent. And all of those are pretty much lateral moves except for Campbell
i was just saying plenty of our players transferred to P5 programs and yet Thad hasn't found a landing spot yet (as far as I know) and Haye had to go to Temple.. to you that doesn't indicate that they're even lower quality than most of the kids who transferred out?

Advertisement
i was just saying plenty of our players transferred to P5 programs and yet Thad hasn't found a landing spot yet (as far as I know) and Haye had to go to Temple.. to you that doesn't indicate that they're even lower quality than most of the kids who transferred out?
I think it’s a case by case study. If you transfer down, kill it, and get drafted you ultimately did the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back