WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Y’all really thought we were going to get WR with gattis as our OC and WR coach plus Mario’s offensive mindset!

I haven’t even paid attention to WR recruiting in months. I know none of these guys are coming her. Next years class is doomed as well if things are changed.

Until gattis is fired and Mario changes his mid set, we won’t be getting any top WR so get used to it.

Advertisement
Y’all really thought we were going to get WR with gattis as our OC and WR coach plus Mario’s offensive mindset!

I haven’t even paid attention to WR recruiting in months. I know none of these guys are coming her. Next years class is doomed as well if things are changed.

Until gattis is fired and Mario changes his mid set, we won’t be getting any top WR so get used to it.
No one is able to argue this currently. Gattis is enemy #1 but Neanderthal Mario has some soul searching to do as well….. unfortunately I don’t see that happening though

Advertisement
Irony is that Gattis (and Mario) are preventing us from landing a legit outside WR…but Gattis is also preventing our current outside WRs from playing up to their potential.

I personally think we will be ok at WR as it stands….with a different OC

There’s something that caught them off guard with him non football related but let’s be real , this is like the 30th outside wr to not come and a former player for Mario. At this poInt nobody cares, the proof is in the pudding . It’s year two and no wr wants any part of this place , portal or HS.

Remember last year I was saying there was a narrative about Mario and offense out there ? I think it’s safe to say it’s a tad more than a narrative now.

I agree UTK is where he’s trending but last I heard he had one more visit planned.
Is it Gattis? Is it Mario? Or, is it both?

If the latter, does the problem get solved by firing Gattis or do we still have a problem?

Irony is that Gattis (and Mario) are preventing us from landing a legit outside WR…but Gattis is also preventing our current outside WRs from playing up to their potential.

I personally think we will be ok at WR as it stands….with a different OC
We signed 2 of the top 5 slot guys in the country. Our receiving corps as constituted is good enough to produce in the ACC. It's 100% Gattis' system that's holding them back.

Advertisement
You would think with Highsmith around there would be more "checks and balances." Mario can't be that dumb and I'm sure he hears what is being spewed out there by others, but again he did go to Columbus #ikid,ikid

Why would he even visit here then? Thornton could go anywhere, he's one of the top portal WRs.

Sorry, but the "he doesn't want to play for Mario/Miami" line doesnt pass the smell test. Probably more likely Gattis couldn't sell him on him as a OC, a recurring theme.
You have a reading comprehension problem.

Cribby is actually saying that Gattis is the problem.

Advertisement
My UT buddies been thinking he’s theirs for a day or so

There was a narrative about Mario and WRs before Gattis. But them tied together right now is shooting fish in a barrel recruiting wise.
💯 I‘m hoping its mostly addressed with a new OC and system. Changing Gattis but implementing a similar scheme might not sufficiently move the needle given Mario’s rep for wanting to play smash ball.

Advertisement
Is it Gattis? Is it Mario? Or, is it both?

If the latter, does the problem get solved by firing Gattis or do we still have a problem?

It's a horrendous combo of both. Mario's offensive philosophy and reputation is how we ended up w/ Gattis who by many insiders was the fourth of fifth choice. Then the hire proceeds to produce one of the least effective Cane offenses seen in decades. Just needs intervened and stopped.

Advertisement
Back