WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Advertisement
There’s something that caught them off guard with him non football related but let’s be real , this is like the 30th outside wr to not come and a former player for Mario. At this poInt nobody cares, the proof is in the pudding . It’s year two and no wr wants any part of this place , portal or HS.

Remember last year I was saying there was a narrative about Mario and offense out there ? I think it’s safe to say it’s a tad more than a narrative now.

I agree UTK is where he’s trending but last I heard he had one more visit planned.

A0A681E8-F2F0-45D8-B172-EA063EC63242.gif

There’s something that caught them off guard with him non football related but let’s be real , this is like the 30th outside wr to not come and a former player for Mario. At this poInt nobody cares, the proof is in the pudding . It’s year two and no wr wants any part of this place , portal or HS.

Remember last year I was saying there was a narrative about Mario and offense out there ? I think it’s safe to say it’s a tad more than a narrative now.

I agree UTK is where he’s trending but last I heard he had one more visit planned.

Why would he even visit here then? Thornton could go anywhere, he's one of the top portal WRs.

Sorry, but the "he doesn't want to play for Mario/Miami" line doesnt pass the smell test. Probably more likely Gattis couldn't sell him on him as a OC, a recurring theme.

New tactic only ask the networks to televise our games after they've been played. Then ask them to only show the times where a receiver got the football. Surely this will work, thank me for the idea later UM 😤

Advertisement
You left out a good number of 4 star WRs also told us to **** off. Not to mention the 2022 portal haul that was mediocre at best.
We also signed a "gem" at the QB spot and allowed Ponce to remain on staff. Even though he helped make our QB room look like an underfunded latchkey program. But you may be on to something.

First half makes sense.

The second half, you're all over the place.

*****ing about Ponce? Was it because Gattis can't call an offense to save his life? Did every QB on the team suddenly forget how to make throws? Would you come play for Gattis? At QB or WR?

You can be the best position coach in the country, but nobody would know it if one of two things happened. You had a ****** coordinator ahead of you. You had a lack of talent. Making throws wasn't as problematic before Gattis got here. They didn't suddenly unlearn how to throw. They didn't change up their mechanics. So what's the problem? Gattis or the guy who can't call plays.

Advertisement
Why would he even visit here then? Thornton could go anywhere, he's one of the top portal WRs.

Sorry, but the "he doesn't want to play for Mario/Miami" line doesnt pass the smell test. Probably more likely Gattis couldn't sell him on him as a OC, a recurring theme.

The possibility exists that he wanted to see Miami. It happens in recruiting, someone is a long ****, but they give you a visit. You might not even know you don't have much of a chance as you've gotta always recruit like you're in it to win it. People convince themselves all the time so and so is coming. Coaches do the same.

Will Smith Movie GIF by Bad Boys For Life

QBs and WRs want no part of the Cristobal offensive philosophy.

I'm waiting for the Cristo-bros to swoop in now and tell me again how Justin Herbert's stats disprove what QBs, WRs, and any college fans with functioning eyeballs find to be very obvious about Cristobals offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First half makes sense.

The second half, you're all over the place.

*****ing about Ponce? Was it because Gattis can't call an offense to save his life? Did every QB on the team suddenly forget how to make throws? Would you come play for Gattis? At QB or WR?

You can be the best position coach in the country, but nobody would know it if one of two things happened. You had a ****** coordinator ahead of you. You had a lack of talent. Making throws wasn't as problematic before Gattis got here. They didn't suddenly unlearn how to throw. They didn't change up their mechanics. So what's the problem? Gattis or the guy who can't call plays.
Ponce was dog**** in every capacity as QB coach, passing game coordinator and recruiter. None of our QBs looked prepared going into games. The passing scheme was kindergarten material. The best QB recruit he could come up with was Emory Williams. I'm good on apoligizing for Ponce. We were able to sign really good - elite TE with a ****** OC. We were able to sign really good - elite RB with a ****** OC. We were able to sign elite OL with a ****** OC. QB and WR recruiting was meh.

Making throws wasn't as problematic before Ponce got here. Everyone on CIS thought our QB room was great in August. By December half the board wanted a portal QB. I'm giving a good chunk of that blame to Ponce.

Advertisement
There’s going to be more kids coming but at this point I’ve seen enough to know I’m not holding my breath. Tbh I’ve never seen anything like this , then again yes I have lol. Manny with Lb’s and Cb’s pre T Rob.
There's no way Mario doesn't recognize this is there? I get that Gattis will be gone at some point in the future but is the new OC even going to have enough WRs to run his offense?

WR recruiting thus far:

Wandering Hip Hop GIF by Green Valley

Seriously, retaining so far the OC that led record setting bad production is mind boggling. Who needs rivals when you can destroy yourself this easily from w/in? Oh, and then you double down by having said coordinator also be your position coach/recruiter for the room you need badly to be improved.

Advertisement
Back