WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
O when you put it like that im stoked. Here I was thinking he couldn't get promoted and wasn't pursued by anyone else. Better safe than sorry.
Dude could’ve been making as much delivering packages for Amazon after 6 years with the amount of hours College coaches work

That mediocre program would have beat the brakes off of us last season. On top of that Beards receiving room has been better than ours every year he has coached there.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

I'm not thrilled with the hire but you guys are overreacting..yall always want the TROBs, the Seiders, and the big names and none of that has worked here.... its more important to to have an identity as a program, win 10+ games every year and get kids drafted in the 1st 2 rounds that should be the priority....getting a big time name won't mean **** if we dont do these things...yall care more about winning the offseason than what really matters....I'll wait till September till November before I start crying
Not entirely. I think a bunch of us would’ve been good seeing Dawson pick someone he’s worked with previously like Shorts at Houston as opposed to going back to the Cane bro well.

Advertisement
The jobs that they had BEFORE they got to AU or UTenn. Similiar to Beard BEFORE he came back to UM. That's what he's saying
Steady progression is not the same as stalled progression but someone has to defend it.

We lost to Middle Tennessee this doesn't mean what you think it does. Setting the bar at could beat Miami is as low as it gets.
Exactly. That’s saying it’s a good hire because they sucked less than us as opposed to looking at the experience relevant to the OC we have and letting him pick a guy he has history with and/or who has experience in his system.

I’m meh on beard, same as I was on most of these offensive hires.

Still concerned with the fact that this seems to be a Mario hire instead of a Dawson hire. I want Mario to hire a OC and gtfo of offensive skill position coaching/ play calling.

Really starting to see the complaints from the Oregon side. It’s not this hire alone, but i am getting concerned that these coaches are all SFL guys instead a cohesive system under the OC
You ninjas HATE south Florida dont you?.

There are like 3 power 5 schools from central to north fla go pick one of them to be a fan of.

Maybe he picked guys that arent angling for positions outside of south florida and are alumni with pride in their school?.

Advertisement
Dawson, Hank, Harris or Guidry wasn’t flashy
I think the Hank thing is hanging a lot of people up with Beard. If we're looking at former Canes we have a proven, successful NFL WR coach that by all accounts we alllllllmost convinced to bump back down to coach his Alma Mater. Hank was 1st prize in the "if we're gonna hire an alumnus let's get him" contest. Beard feels like Honorable Mention at best.

Last edited:
it’s so easy to see
You ninjas HATE south Florida dont you?.

There are like 3 power 5 schools from central to north fla go pick one of them to be a fan of.

Maybe he picked guys that arent angling for positions outside of south florida and are alumni with pride in their school?.

lol we almost stole an NFL Wr coach what are you talking about?

49ers were so shook they had to give him a significant raise and promise to make him a priority in coaching development.

Sure another Cane just like Reggie Wayne and Kevin Beard

Advertisement
Honestly asking and obviously excluding the Mirabal type of hires, has Mario ever actually landed his primary target in these coaching searches?

Guidry?

At UM, other than dudes he brought over with a prior relationship, I think only Guidry and possibly Nicholson were first choice candidates this go around. Strong was probably high on his list for LB coach (though that one didn't work out). I think Addai was in that top group at DB coach, too, though maybe not his 1st choice. And maybe Wright (I don't remember any other names for DE/Edge). Hard to say for sure with how secretive he is with all this stuff.

Cane fam have not been bright spots. Wish him the best though.
That is true...but that was under others...Mario could chew you up and spit you out. His job is comfy...his assistants ...well not so....based off this year.

All he has to do is NOT be Stubblefield or Gattis and he'll be ok...**** the DONK was able to land guys. lol smh

Look at that guy.

Played at Samford.
One season at Ohio Northern as a RB coach.
One season at Shorter University as Assistant WR coach.
One season at Tennesee Tech as WR coach.
One season at Gardner-Webb as WR coach/PGC.
One season as an offensive analyst at Tennessee.
One season at Tennessee as WR Coach.

How will he EVER be able to recruit against Baba Yaga Hartline? Heupel will be fired soon for making this disastrous hire...

Advertisement
He was with Candle, whose system is similar to Dawson's scheme (other than the screen game). He'll be fine coaching the system. He's a smart guy. Still a "mid" hire, tho. Wishing for the best.

Dawson actually worked under Holgorsen and Hal Mumme, correct me if i'm wrong but Candle has no link to an Air Raid tree.

That is true...but that was under others...Mario could chew you up and spit you out. His job is comfy...his assistants ...well not so....based off this year.

All he has to do is NOT be Stubblefield or Gattis and he'll be ok...**** the DONK was able to land guys. lol smh
We've landed guys for 10 years. We haven't landed the guy since......... is the biggest problem. 🤞🏾🤞🏾 I'm all in now nothing left to ***** about.

That was his defense Denofrio was running , if he fires his butt buddy he admits his way of doing things was wrong. Something the fans and people around this program had been saying his first four years. There’s a reason the bum hasn’t been touched for close to a decade as a HC. He literally just got a coordinator gig for the first time since he left. I’m not sure where this narrative about Golden still being here if he’d fired MD but it’s ludicrous.
I didn't say he'd still be here, just he may have had a few more years. I think it was inevitable he was gone at some point.

Advertisement
Back