WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
I really can’t believe it took us this long to make this type of hire. I understand we were waiting on LH. Just ridiculous.

Regardless this is is around a 6. Could he be much improved and it really be an 8 or 9, absolutely. I think Rad and Zo probably had some input and wouldn’t just give him the job because he was a Cane.

If he wasn’t a Cane (and a previous coach here) and had the same experience i think we would actually be higher on him- not a homerun but more optimistic. Due to how bad we have been for 20 years we are somewhat self hating and harder on our own.
Mario is the kid in high school that always needed the entire period to finish what was a 15 minute quiz for everyone else.....and still ended up getting mostly C's anyway.

I'm not as down on the KB hire as some but Mario's "process" always makes these type of hires look like we ended up with no other options and had to go the local/alum/G5 route.

Beard and Harris are very underwhelming hires who wouldn't have been offered the job(s) if they didn't have connections to Miami and who no other big time program would hire.
Harris has experience that meshes well with the air raid so stylistically it makes sense and he's gotten production out of unheralded kids so he's at least shown a certain level of competence as far as development goes. Beard is definitely meh compared to what hiring Hankerson would've been.

Beard and Harris are very underwhelming hires who wouldn't have been offered the job(s) if they didn't have connections to Miami and who no other big time program would hire.
But that's just it. They probably wouldn't have. That's probably why they got the jobs that they had previously, and probably why they will get their next jobs, as well.... because other schools are trying to get deeper into So. Fla.... even though UCF is basically next door :ROFLMAO:. We almost HAVE TO HAVE people on staff with local connections, because we're not looked at like the other schools, when it comes to recruiting So. Fla. We got some high school coaches down here, **** near force feeding kids to other schools, if they feel slighted by UM in any way. Local connections, NIL, and trying to be the class to turn things around is all we have to sell right now. Ween won **** since the early 2000s and we coming off probably one of the most dysfunctional season in UM history.

Advertisement
Harris has experience that meshes well with the air raid so stylistically it makes sense and he's gotten production out of unheralded kids so he's at least shown a certain level of competence as far as development goes. Beard is definitely meh compared to what hiring Hankerson would've been.
Lol hank resume isn’t great

Only miami fans would cry and and make a big deal about a wr coach lmao
Exactly lol. The only hire on offense that matters is Dawson. I’d much rather have Beard as WR coach with Dawson as OC than Hartline coaching WR’s with Gattis as OC. And with Mirabal and Mario, the OLine is set.

Look at this way guys Dawson was the hire we need to be right...

The WR coach is an added bonus...

Do we think FSU success last year was due to Ron Dugans?? Cause i sure as **** dont
Norvell‘s scheme , development of a qb and the portal is why they were successful. Our Head coach isn’t an X o guy with a scheme so I want as many good teachers / recruiters as we can get. That’s why I wanted better but oh well. It’s over and time to move on. Gattis is gone and the scheme upgraded.

Advertisement
It’s a horrible hire.

Miami got its *** kicked at WR recruiting last year.

And the solution to that is Kevin Beard? A recruiting nobody.

Does anybody actually think Mario could have done worse at WR? Like, “yeah, it’s Kevin Beard, but at least it’s not X”? If so; who the **** do you have as “X”?

Beard is literally the worst it was going to be. He is “X.” And we hired him.
I would say Stubblefield and Gattis were worse, but I also don’t know anything. So there’s that.

Advertisement
People thinking this is Hartline vs Beard are missing the point. It comes down to how the O produces so it’s on Dawson to show these kids we won’t run some boring plodding offense. Beard relates well with kids and has a lot of respect in Dade/Broward county. Should we’ve gotten someone better? Absolutely. Is this the worst possible outcome? I don’t think so.
look given the amount of time we had to make these hires, this is underwhelming. it could have been worse though. id rather a guy who was on the upward trend in terms of career growth vs stagnant or downward but w.e. lets see the results on the field which is the ultimate judge anyways

6B31955D-1F56-4777-A9F5-F74016941C6D.jpeg

Anyone familiar with this kid, Jerjuan Newton? Bio says St Pete. Could he be a possible transfer with Beard? @Memnon @gogeta4

Advertisement
I think he will be much better than last year. He was ranked as a top 5 recruiter in the mac. When he was here we did have richards, bruce, and Mullins committed and yea I know how it turned out but at the time it was a big haul
Agree there. I mean I don’t know his evaluation skills and how he is a teacher, but if he’s worth his salt there, then I still think it’ll be a net positive overall. Even if it’s a small margin.

Advertisement
Back