WR Coach Candidates

Cortez Hankton was at Vanderbilt and Dartmouth for 5 years before Georgia and LSU

Dell McGee was a high school coach and RB coach at Georgia Southern for years before Georgia

Lonnie Galloway was a Coach at Elon university for 7 years. He didn't get a P5 WR job for almost 15 years.

Sometimes that's just how it is. Coaches don't get the opportunities they deserve.

Or, he’s been waiting just for this opportunity!!

Advertisement
Our best solution is winning and having a productive offense that features WRs. And then gettin them drafted.

Recruiting is 100% important but osu got elite WRs before hartline and they will get him if he ever leaves.
I prefer every tool available to me to be the best it could be.

I know the grill and the quality of meat are very important to a good steak. Doesn't mean I want to cut the thing with a spoon just because the spoon was made in Miami.

Stacy Coley
Before Beard 23 Recs 184 yards
With Beard 47 Recs 690 Yards

Herb Waters
Before Beard 20 Recs 270 Yards
With Beard 41 Recs 630 Yards

Rashawn Scott
Out for the season
With Beard 52 Recs 700 Yards 5TDs

What did Coley & Waters do in 2013 b4 Beard? What did Coley in 2016 after Beard? 2015 was the only season Scott was healthy while at Miami, so his stats are pretty moot.

5-star receivers want more than a personable position coach. You need a resume to back up your recruiting pitch. Hartline’s resume, regardless of how much we like KB, ***** on his.
Hartline didn’t have a resume before being named WR coach 5 years ago. Yet, he picked up right where Zach Smith left it. Pretty sure he didn’t land Jameson Williams and Garrett Wilson by selling being an average NFL player.

The Taints offense sells easily to skills players.

WR coach for Taint is one of the easiest selling job in the entire country.

Advertisement
If he had any juice locally whatsoever he wouldn’t have been stagnating at Toledo for 5 seasons.
Its the same thing i said about Candle....but here we are ...told Mario twice eat a d*cxk to stay in Toledo.
Some folks liked stability....maybe he liked being with Candle. He had bad luck in other job choices b4

Wow.

I can't believe this is how this landed.

What the actual **** is Cristobal doing?

You know what, **** it.

You built the boat Mario, now make sure it gets to the destination. I'm tired of this whole god**** thing anyway.

Advertisement
What did Coley & Waters do in 2013 b4 Beard? What did Coley in 2016 after Beard? 2015 was the only season Scott was healthy while at Miami, so his stats are pretty moot.
Scott was actually pretty productive for UM before the injuries. Beard helped him a lot the season he was finally healthy. Also thats kind of the point, a lot of these WRs took the next step with beard and had the best season of their college careers

Ohio St and Bama continue to have their way with SFL recruits and our best solution is Kevin Beard

We are getting assaulted and we don’t even have the ability to do anything about it

We had a really good year in Sofla last year

In what world are we going to bat 1000 against schools that go to the playoff **** every year and average about 4 more wins per year than us ever the past decade or so?

Until we put something on the field...It's going to be Cristobal's prowess and NIL. You are lying to yourself if you think any magical assistant is going to come in and start winning battles over Bama and OSU. Improve on the field, use NIL as much as possible, and you will bat 50% or just under in Tri-County. That's as good as you can do until we become a top 7-8 program. And even then it probably goes up to 60-70%. Bama, OSU, GA...ARE GOING TO GET SOUTH FLORIDA KIDS. THIS JUST IN

I’m not a fan of re-treads, especially re-treads from a failed regime. Idgaf if they are an alum or not.

Furthermore, this can’t be true.

I doubt 247 tracks the Primary recruiter for the Mac and he could never finish recruiting at Tennessee and Miami due to the HC getting fired in year 1 and then a new staff came in

Also wasn't beard going to land Bruce, Richards and Mullins before Golden got fired?

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of re-treads, especially re-treads from a failed regime. Idgaf if they are an alum or not.

Furthermore, this can’t be true.

Ya it likely isn't

Do you really think 247 is worried about updating recruiters/recrutitsall these G5 programs and keeping it accurate? ...Especially in the MAC. Smallest/worst conference there is (yes, Sun Belt and CUSA have clearly passed it up)

Its the same thing i said about Candle....but here we are ...told Mario twice eat a d*cxk to stay in Toledo.
Some folks liked stability....maybe he liked being with Candle. He had bad luck in other job choices b4
Candle was making over a million at Toledo while Beard was making less than $100k. No one likes stability that much.

First potential hire that is thoroughly disappointing. This is like a C/C- grade, and given how badly we need to reverse the negative connotations surrounding WR play at the University of Miami, this is just bleh.

And yet despite this, I'll still root for him and desperately hope he can prove me wrong. We all should be - Miami should not be thought of for medicore to poor WR play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back