WR class this year

Ethnic and D$ who are your top WR prospects in this class that Miami has a shot at?

What are your thoughts on them?

I still want Kermit. Not too many people have his combination of speed and shiftiness. We need a guy like him.

I'm with Swag on Cunningham. Doesn't move me, not enough fast-twitch to him. Seems like a great kid though.

Advertisement
Ethnic and D$ who are your top WR prospects in this class that Miami has a shot at?

What are your thoughts on them?

I still want Kermit. Not too many people have his combination of speed and shiftiness. We need a guy like him.

I'm with Swag on Cunningham. Doesn't move me, not enough fast-twitch to him. Seems like a great kid though.

Dont' get me wrong, I'd like Kermit too. But I don't see how in a small class we take two slot WRs.

Dont' get me wrong, I'd like Kermit too. But I don't see how in a small class we take two slot WRs.

You can't have enough good, fast players IMO. Obviously you can only sign so many guys, but if you are going to sign three receivers (AJL plus two) I see no problem with getting two short playmakers.

Aside from Dorsett, there isn't much speed at receiver. Lewis, Jones, Carter, AJL and Scott are all big guys, Lockhart plays big and Waters is not small. What we need are the electric playmaking types. BTW, I'm not sure Kermit couldn't play outside a la Benjamin.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;8o7TMha5j8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7TMha5j8o[/video]

I dare you to tell me this kid doesn't deserve an offer (at WR OR DB).

I am not 100 percent sure. This is somewhat speculation/hear say but I believe they want that Carrington kid to camp before they offer. Not sure if posted already but he also got invited to "The Opening".

Advertisement
D$, what WR prospects would you like to see Miami get this upcoming recruiting class?

If you had your pick of 2 kids that Miami has a legit shot at getting?

I am not 100 percent sure. This is somewhat speculation/hear say but I believe they want that Carrington kid to camp before they offer. Not sure if posted already but he also got invited to "The Opening".

The competition he plays is suspect.

I watched an 11 minute Stacy Coley highlight last night. I think he is one of the best WR's to come out of Florida in the last 5-10 years. He is so natural at WR, and has size, speed, hands, quickness, and explosion. His getoff is unreal sometimes (when he goes all out off the line)...but he also sets guys up using a relaxed getoff as well.

Did the staff overplay its hand by signing 2 projects like Carter and Jones this last class? I know we desperately needed bodies, but maybe one of these spots would've been nice on a more polished/higher ceiling guy?

Advertisement
Good posts here...

That sounds logical to me.

The competition he plays is suspect.

I watched an 11 minute Stacy Coley highlight last night. I think he is one of the best WR's to come out of Florida in the last 5-10 years. He is so natural at WR, and has size, speed, hands, quickness, and explosion. His getoff is unreal sometimes (when he goes all out off the line)...but he also sets guys up using a relaxed getoff as well.

I never said I had Carrington rated higher than Coley, but they're on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to character and reliability. Carrington is the son of an NFLer and a good kid while Coley, well I'm not gonna beat a dead horse.

This was my gripe with last years WR class...not enough diversity. I would have preferred a speed guy in there to replace either Carter or Jones.

Agreed completely. I don't know how many times I said that last year, but it was a lot. Diversity at the skill positions is huge.

So what did Coley do exactly? I keep hearing that he has character issues, but what are they? It's like it's some big secret or something

Advertisement
So what did Coley do exactly? I keep hearing that he has character issues, but what are they? It's like it's some big secret or something

mostly grades issues, but kid has some huge attitude problems in the past and former cane and Northeast head coach Donnell Bennett has recenty basically mentored him and become a real father figure in his life. As far as him getting into Miami i doubt it very much and it's too bad because he would start at WR next year next to Hurns and Dorsett. I look for him to wind up at WVU or UF some how getting him in which i hate to say it is a lot easier for a state school. But hey you never know Lamar Miller and Aldarius Johnson got in somehow... But i'm sure Golden and staff will keep a real close eye on him. Kid could be Reggie Wayne in college or Fred Rouse...

I don't even think UF is recruiting him anymore. Check out his recent top 3, it's FSU, USF, Marshall or something like that.

I like the Reggie Wayne comparison too, good thinking.

Advertisement
Back