WR class this year

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
I really haven't seen anyone yet that just blows me away outside of Coley, who it sounds like isn't gonna be coming (at this point).

Would it be crazy to just grab AJL and use our limited schollies at positions of much bigger need (S, DL, OL, TE)? AJL plus the redshirts would give us a buffer after the Malcolm Lewis/Lockhart group likely to play this year. The strategy sounds a little too Coker/Shannon-esque so it bothers me in nature, but it seems like a good year to do it.

Am I missing someone's highlights that I should watch (and we have a legit shot at)?

Advertisement
The thing about it is projections into college. I mean you have guys like Kearse, Estime, and AJL that can be projected at different positions.

Right now to me it seems like Miami is in good position for Cunningham and then there is a bunch of wildcards that may or may not end up at the WR position.

The thing about it is projections into college. I mean you have guys like Kearse, Estime, and AJL that can be projected at different positions.

Right now to me it seems like Miami is in good position for Cunningham and then there is a bunch of wildcards that may or may not end up at the WR position.

I don't know what it is, I just don't see it with Cunningham for some reason. People smarter than me seem to love him but it just doesn't look like he has any explosion when I watch his clips.

I think AJL ends up at DB. I see us taking two kids who can be WRs. Cunningham maybe. This Erstime kid sounds like one. Kids come outta dewoodwerks too.

Advertisement
Cunningham sounds like the main target and rightfully so. Talented and will qualify. Can't take Coley as a legitimate option when the guy has Marshall on his list.

I think AJL ends up at DB.

CB or S? Gut feel or you got the scoop?

S. no scoop. The staff has said they look at him as both and he's said he's going to be working at db this year. He seems to have the frame to play S and with ball skills we could use at the position. Given the relative shortage of guys who look like safeties on our squad, kinda makes sense to me we'll give him a look there.

Ethnic and D$ who are your top WR prospects in this class that Miami has a shot at?

What are your thoughts on them?

You all are worrying too much, trust the coaches, they know what they are doing, this isn't the Shannon/Coker staff.

Advertisement
I really haven't seen anyone yet that just blows me away outside of Coley, who it sounds like isn't gonna be coming (at this point).

Would it be crazy to just grab AJL and use our limited schollies at positions of much bigger need (S, DL, OL, TE)? AJL plus the redshirts would give us a buffer after the Malcolm Lewis/Lockhart group likely to play this year. The strategy sounds a little too Coker/Shannon-esque so it bothers me in nature, but it seems like a good year to do it.

Am I missing someone's highlights that I should watch (and we have a legit shot at)?

You address needs but you also want to grap the best players avaialable yearly IYO. Numbers issues can change at the drop of a dime at any position at any time depending on players sucking, leaving etc. so position you think are fine ( even though you've never seen most of the guys play) could also become a position of need next year.

I don't know what it is, I just don't see it with Cunningham for some reason. People smarter than me seem to love him but it just doesn't look like he has any explosion when I watch his clips.

I think he's good, but he's not anything special. The only WR we're after, as of right now, that could be big time is Coley. I somewhat agree with what you say. I don't think we absolutely need to go out and get 2 or 3. I'd be cool with just hanging at one and wait to see if we could somehow get Coley on board.

Advertisement
Cunningham has a family member who just got accepted into Stanford Law. They are his #1 right now.

Miami or Stanford for him and i'm willin to bet alot of money he will announce for UM during his season. His sister is also a student at UM.

Similar scenario with Carrington, except he lives in Cali but is down to Stanford & UM, but according to Genron, Stanford isn't really recruiting him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back