WR board (2024 portal edition)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I had heard whispers the staff might go for as many as 2 WRs in the portal. Mostly because as much as they love the ability and potential of the younger kids, they want Ward to have the best weapons possible as he will only be here this year. The staff thinks this team can make the playoffs and go far with Ward and they want to maximize this opportunity.

As much as I understand this point of view and if the right WR is out there I would certainly jump on them...pause. However I think as things stand right now that 2 RBs might be the best play but I don't get paid millions to make those decisions and I'm certainly not at practice every day so what do I know.

Then we can't forget the need we have at DT. Unless the staff is absolutely sure that at least 1 of the 3 incoming freshman DTs will be able to contribute then we need not 1 but 2 in the portal. That might not be realistic but it's a need nonetheless.

Lastly we need 2 DBs and that isn't debatable. 1 CB and 1 Safety and they both need to be able to play man coverage.

IMO with all these other needs I think another DE and another LB are luxuries at this point unless we do bring in a DE like Romello then that is feasible but let's take care of the big pressing needs first.

I had heard whispers the staff might go for as many as 2 WRs in the portal. Mostly because as much as they love the ability and potential of the younger kids, they want Ward to have the best weapons possible as he will only be here this year. The staff thinks this team can make the playoffs and go far with Ward and they want to maximize this opportunity.

As much as I understand this point of view and if the right WR is out there I would certainly jump on them...pause. However I think as things stand right now that 2 RBs might be the best play but I don't get paid millions to make those decisions and I'm certainly not at practice every day so what do I know.

Then we can't forget the need we have at DT. Unless the staff is absolutely sure that at least 1 of the 3 incoming freshman DTs will be able to contribute then we need not 1 but 2 in the portal. That might not be realistic but it's a need nonetheless.

Lastly we need 2 DBs and that isn't debatable. 1 CB and 1 Safety and they both need to be able to play man coverage.

IMO with all these other needs I think another DE and another LB are luxuries at this point unless we do bring in a DE like Romello then that is feasible but let's take care of the big pressing needs first.

Mario and Miami have to win this year. You go get the best talent you can get. You can’t worry about upsetting a true freshmen or any of that stuff anymore.

It’s a different time now. You constantly upgrade your roster when you have the chance. Mario has to take advantage of having Ward at QB and go get a #1 WR if one is out there. Same with RB and any other position. It’s must win season 3 for Mario

Advertisement
Mario and Miami have to win this year. You go get the best talent you can get. You can’t worry about upsetting a true freshmen or any of that stuff anymore.

It’s a different time now. You constantly upgrade your roster when you have the chance. Mario has to take advantage of having Ward at QB and go get a #1 WR if one is out there. Same with RB and any other position. It’s must win season 3 for Mario
I completely agree. I never said that Mario has to be careful not to upset the young kids. His job is to win bottom line.

Advertisement
Go get Samuel Brown asap, he’d be WR2 here with the potential to even be WR1.

I don’t want to hear **** crying about Horton or George, this dude is good and he’s proven.
IMG_4554.jpeg

Advertisement
Kid is 6'3, produced almost 1300 yards in the last 2 years, played in your OCs system already, and ran a 4.45 verified 40 coming out of HS and doesn't move the needle?

Sounds like Mario could use a blue pill.
I couldn’t believe it either lol

Kid is 6'3, produced almost 1300 yards in the last 2 years, played in your OCs system already, and ran a 4.45 verified 40 coming out of HS and doesn't move the needle?

Ehhh more so Gabby…Sound like it was just his immediate thought

I'd take Sam Brown all day if we could get him. I like Tyler Williams even though he's unproven…All the talent in the world.

Funny because if Luther Burden or Tetairoa McMillan entered we wouldn't even bat an eye.

Advertisement
Back