WR board (2024 portal edition)

It’s not the NIL budget.

It’s limited roster spots and overall strategy of how Mario wants to build his team. Seems like he’s prioritizing kids currently on roster and their development over possible improvements via portal. Whether that strategy works is still TBD
You certainly need a balance of both but you're setting yourself up for failure if you're putting all of your eggs in the transfer portal basket. Michigan has barely touched the portal and typically signs classes in the 10-15 range. Georgia recruits high school like gangbusters and supplements with strategic portal additions.

There are certainly other nuances and not all situations are the same but I'm totally fine looking to go big with high school recruiting and playing the long game with blue chip recruits.

Advertisement
It’s not the NIL budget.

It’s limited roster spots and overall strategy of how Mario wants to build his team. Seems like he’s prioritizing kids currently on roster and their development over possible improvements via portal. Whether that strategy works is still TBD
Bingo. Gotta trust your own evaluations first and foremost.

Right now I got the roster at 88 players on scholarship (including Burroughs and not McCormick)

There’s already some fat to trim. Add in 1 big body WR, 1 CB/S hybrid, QB1 (hopefully) there’s no more room for a 6’0” WR.

Chances are Miami adds only 2/3 more transfer portal players & parents are coming to pickup 7/8 kids after spring.

While skill and production wise Bond is better than other guys we have on our current roster, he also doesn't give us what we are need: A bigger frame #1 type. Just because a good player hits the portal does it mean they are a fit for our specific needs or are complementary to our current roster...but hey keep on keeping on CIS

Advertisement
I think I read that recruits can come down on unofficial visits. I don't feel a ton of guys coming down on their own dime this late in the cycle.

Hope we start taking wide receiver recruiting personal.
This staff has signed 5 4 star WR’s all in the top 155 nationally in the last 2 classes.

23 WR Class
Robby Washington 4 star #145 composite nationally

Ray Ray Joseph 4 star #151 composite nationally

24 WR class
Ny Carr 4 star #48 composite nationally

Joshisa Trader 4 star #50 composite nationally

Chance Robinson 4 star #155 composite nationally

There seemed to be some serious smoke on Daniels Heading to Texas. If Bond goes, and I know this is wishful thinking, does that give us a shot at getting in with Daniels? I know Gaby stated that we had interest.

This staff has signed 5 4 star WR’s all in the top 155 nationally in the last 2 classes.

23 WR Class
Robby Washington 4 star #145 composite nationally

Ray Ray Joseph 4 star #151 composite nationally

24 WR class
Ny Carr 4 star #48 composite nationally

Joshisa Trader 4 star #50 composite nationally

Chance Robinson 4 star #155 composite nationally
I’m talking portal.
I’m done hyping up any recruit until they play p5. Very excited about who we signed. But we need at least a proven Number 1 from the portal. And portal receivers haven’t been (to my knowledge at least) very receptive or we haven’t been spending or prioritizing them like other teams.

Advertisement
@Cribby is part of the hold-up that coaches might have been working to keep Brashard to stay? Promising him he would be utilized more?

His mother indicated he would be receptive to the idea of staying in Miami if coaches could convince his targets will be up….

His portal recruitment has been pretty quiet unless I missed something but nothing popped up on internet recently. Strange considering less dynamic WRs have entered the portal after and have committed elsewhere.

Just curious if the staff has actually closed that door officially???

@Cribby is part of the hold-up that coaches might have been working to keep Brashard to stay? Promising him he would be utilized more?

His mother indicated he would be receptive to the idea of staying in Miami if coaches could convince his targets will be up….

His portal recruitment has been pretty quiet unless I missed something but nothing popped up on internet recently. Strange considering less dynamic WRs have entered the portal after and have committed elsewhere.

Just curious if the staff has actually closed that door officially???
@DMoney bumping this just in case you had any insight on this?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well yeah, now we are cause we don’t really have a choice lol.

You guys sure we don’t need another WR (or two)?

It’s a position we need to overpay for, even if this incident isn’t something that’s outrageously bad. Still more evidence of a continuous string of poor decisions.

Bring someone in to elevate the **** room Mario, you lost your 3 and 4 WRs and your alleged best outside weapon can’t get out of his own way both on and off the field.

Advertisement
Back