WR board (2024 portal edition)

Josh Kelly or Deion Burks. No point in just grabbing a body for no reason unless they can contribute.

Also no need to feel bad for players from Miami/ Florida who spurned us cause you should know **** well if they were as good as advertised they would have stuck to their respective schools....

Advertisement
Im trying to figure out in what world all u listed that these guys talking about pass on Jacorey Brooks is living in.

Other than our top 3 there isnt anything proven...at all.

He's starting over who we have coming back i could care less about redundancy or whatever on the field hes a better player than what we have in the room.

If our room was so good they wouldnt have the current offers they have out right now a guy from la tech and purdue

Absolutely Brooks is not better than the Top 4 guys on this roster right now.

Also, that Purdue guy is 3x the receiver Brooks turned out to be. Let’s not kid ourselves here.

Lmao yall petty asf.

How about this..give me all the elite kids from the crib yall cussed out because they tossed Miami hat off the table lol..give me Shemar stew..brooks
Jones JR, Little JR, Jalen brown etc etc
Bring the cats home
Thats not why. its due to the fact that they are not as good as advertised. If they were good they sure as **** would not be leaving their schools and wanting to "come home" out of the kindness of their hearts LMAO.

**** I respect Zay Flowers for sticking to BC. The team that believed in him when no one else did. It works both ways its a business decision at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Yeah..I don’t think folks follow CFB as a whole..and I get that. Some of these opinions on Brooks doesn’t make much sense. Ghandi says Brooks cant stretch the field..he avg 17 YPC at Bama.

Brooks wouldn’t be my #1 option out of the portal.. i like the Purdue kid & the WSU kid…but he’d most definitely come in day one and be in Miamis top 4 rotation at the very least..and if he’s full go would start..we are in no position to pass on a kid like this

17ypc against whom exactly?

Here is his football-reference page for his game log from that magical 2022 season (17.3 ypc). I also won’t mention that his 2023 ypc (10 in small sample size) and his 2021 (12.3) are closer to what he is athletically.

1/29 vs ULM
6/117 vs Vandy
2/44 vs A2M
3/74 vs Miss St
2/51 vs Kansas St

Lmao yall petty asf.

How about this..give me all the elite kids from the crib yall cussed out because they tossed Miami hat off the table lol..give me Shemar stew..brooks
Bring the cats home

This isn’t Cristobal’s home for wayward football boys.

If they can play, bring them back. If they suck - tough luck kid…lesson learned.

Here is his football-reference page for his game log from that magical 2022 season (17.3 ypc). I also won’t mention that his 2023 ypc (10 in small sample size) and his 2021 (12.3) are closer to what he is athletically.

1/29 vs ULM
6/117 vs Vandy
2/44 vs A2M
3/74 vs Miss St
2/51 vs Kansas St

We offered 2 dbs off that Vandy squad already
A2M is listed as one of our big wins" this year
kstate has one of the top cbs int he portal currently
Miss state team had a first round cb on it.

Now do Isaiah Horton and Brashard Smith ( i like both players)

You aint exactly helping your case.

I'm indifferent to Jacorey Brooks but talking down on em aint making much sense. If we offered i wouldnt bat an eye.

Lmao yall petty asf.

Bring the cats home
Didn’t cuss him out I’m just saying now I don’t care really when kids leave I’m just not a bounce back

Advertisement
We offered 2 dbs off that Vandy squad already
A2M is listed as one of our big wins" this year
kstate has one of the top cbs int he portal currently
Miss state team had a first round cb on it.

Now do Isaiah Horton and Brashard Smith ( i like both players)

You aint exactly helping your case.

I'm indifferent to Jacorey Brooks but talking down on em aint making much sense. If we offered i wouldnt bat an eye.
Neither one of those guys you mentioned ran the number of routes Brooks ran.

A better comparison is Young and George, and they have more consistent downfield production than Brooks.

I'm good with the guys we have and we have a lot of talent coming in recruiting. Seems like a waste of resources to get a transfer WR.
It's not a waste if we can aquire a true #1WR. X is a beast but he's not a #1 George has really developed into #2 WR but again not a #1. Colbie Young should greatly benefit from a new QB assuming that QB is an clear upgrade over TVD. Young could become a very good #1 with a new QB but we can't take that chance. We also have Ray Ray Joseph, Robbie Washington and Shemar Kirk. They are talented but inexperienced.

Like you mentioned, we have 3 great WR prospects coming in this class of 2024. However it's too much to expect any of those kids to come in and be the man.

Advertisement
In those “limited snaps” Horton showed explosion that Brooks hasn’t shown at Alabama in 4yrs.

I’ll take the high ceiling than stick another oversized stiff in this WR room.
That’s complete B.S.

1/29 vs ULM
6/117 vs Vandy
2/44 vs A2M
3/74 vs Miss St
2/51 vs Kansas St
That’s what he averaged the 2022 szn. Discounting half a schedule is next level nonsense 😂

Advertisement
So we just discount half a schedule to fit a narrative..lol Ight

My narrative is that he’s not explosive. His stats make that crystal clear.

The majority of his games in 2022 were with a pedestrian YPC; I removed them from my post in an attempt to focus on the # of explosive games.

But hey, keep advocating to bring your son home. It’s important for parents to advocate for their kids.

If you've got the numbers and you feel like a certain room is lacking, bring in the bodies that you think can help. WR seems to be one of those rooms where we are on the come up, even with TVD's struggles this year. That doesn't mean we can't be nuanced about who we take/don't take in to come help enhance the room.

I'm guessing we *might* cherry pick 1 or 2 from the portal to go along with the HS haul. Between that and what we have on the roster, I'd feel pretty good going into Spring. And here's the most key thing - we've got some talented dudes. One of the existing dudes on the roster might click with Cam Ward just like Josh Kelly did. Maybe that's George, could be Young, etc...****, could be Shemar Kirk lol. We aren't devoid of good players at WR just because we don't have a "the guy" currently.

Advertisement
Back