WR board (2024 portal edition)

Advertisement
When yall say “overrated”..are you saying he can’t come to Miami and take a rotation spot at the very least?..if he’s healthy. I say bring him home keep raising the floor of that room

The last guy in the rotation next year will probably be as follows:

1. George
2. Young.
3. Joseph
4. Horton
5. Kirk/Washington
6. Trader or Carr

Where does Mr. Brooks fit in here?

Advertisement
The last guy in the rotation next year will probably be as follows:

1. George
2. Young.
3. Joseph
4. Horton
5. Kirk/Washington
6. Trader or Carr

Where does Mr. Brooks fit in here?

As the guy behind our starting X (Colby young)..yes, I do believe, if healthy Brooks is a better and has proven production over Horton

That said Kirk, Washington & Joseph have done nothing production wise for us to act a kid like brooks who has proven production at Bama had played and produced in big games can’t come in and compete..I’m not saying he’d coming in day 1 starting..but he definitely raises the floor talent and experience wise at X.

As the guy behind our starting X (Colby young)..yes, I do believe, if healthy Brooks is a better and has proven production over Horton

That said Kirk, Washington & Joseph have done nothing production wise for us to act a kid like brooks who has proven production at Bama had played and produced in big games can’t come in and compete..I’m not saying he’d coming in day 1 starting..but he definitely raises the floor talent and experience wise at X.

So he would come in and be no better than #4?

What’s the point of bringing him in then.

Jacorey Brooks if healthy would start here day 1...it isnt even a question for me.He, George, Young owuld be the 3 if Restrepo, Smith arent here i would guess.

If you roll him and Young out there in the top 3; you’re essentially using two stiffs who can’t work deep.

Brooks has proven to lack explosiveness at Bama. That’s why he couldn’t stay in the field.

Advertisement
So he would come in and be no better than #4?

What’s the point of bringing him in then.
Not necessarily saying he’s the 4th option I’m saying he’s in the rotation if healthy..he’s been just as productive at Bama as our starting X was this year..the point is you add competition to that room..that only keeps keeps guys on point and competing..yall are aware he was a starter at Bama before injury..

If you roll him and Young out there in the top 3; you’re essentially using two stiffs who can’t work deep.

Brooks has proven to lack explosiveness at Bama. That’s why he couldn’t stay in the field.
He couldn’t stay on the field because of a nagging injury..and given the comp at Bama, other talented guys grabbed snaps..that’s why you stack talent..that’s how it should be not only at Bama but at Miami..you saw that with our RB room this year..guys got nicked, gave others bigger roles as the year went on.

Not necessarily saying he’s the 4th option I’m saying he’s in the rotation if healthy..he’s been just as productive at Bama as our starting X was this year..the point is you add competition to that room..that only keeps keeps guys on point and competing..yall are aware he was a starter at Bama before injury..

I am aware that he was getting snaps at Bama.

Nobody here is disputing what he’s done R Bama.

It’s his relative value to this offense and how redundant his skill is to what Miami already has on the roster.

This guy is a jag +. That’s all.

He couldn’t stay on the field because of a nagging injury..and given the comp at Bama, other talented guys grabbed snaps..that’s why you stack talent..that’s how it should be not only at Bama but at Miami..you saw that with our RB room this year..guys got nicked, gave others bigger roles as the year went on.

Your best ability is your availability.

Yes he can raise the floor of the group, but he’s not raising the ceiling.

Advertisement
Your best ability is your availability.

Yes he can raise the floor of the group, but he’s not raising the ceiling.
lol it’s football..guys get hurt. If brooks is healthy, he’s in Miami rotation easily..probably a starter too..if he was good enough for folks to ***** about him leaving the crib, produced at Bama day 1..put up a 700 yd 8 tub season includes a 17 ypc avg (can’t make plays downfield tho huh )..then he can come here and compete for a job..whomst ever we bring in isn’t gunna be given anything..all about comp..and brooks is easily a candidate to do that

lol it’s football..guys get hurt. If brooks is healthy, he’s in Miami rotation easily..probably a starter too..if he was good enough for folks to ***** about him leaving the crib, produced at Bama day 1..put up a 700 yd 8 tub season includes a 17 ypc avg (can’t make plays downfield tho huh )..then he can come here and compete for a job..whomst ever we bring in isn’t gunna be given anything..all about comp..and brooks is easily a candidate to do that

Ok. Thank you for your contribution to the board Mr. Brooks.

Im trying to figure out in what world all u listed that these guys talking about pass on Jacorey Brooks is living in.

Other than our top 3 there isnt anything proven...at all.

He's starting over who we have coming back i could care less about redundancy or whatever on the field hes a better player than what we have in the room.

If our room was so good they wouldnt have the current offers they have out right now a guy from la tech and purdue

Advertisement
I am aware that he was getting snaps at Bama.

Nobody here is disputing what he’s done R Bama.

It’s his relative value to this offense and how redundant his skill is to what Miami already has on the roster.

This guy is a jag +. That’s all.
Horton “gets snaps”..Brooks was starting at Bama. His skill isn’t redundant. He’s proven when healthy he’s a downfield threat.

Im trying to figure out in what world all u listed that these guys talking about pass on Jacorey Brooks is living in.

Other than our top 3 there isnt anything proven...at all.

He's starting over who we have coming back i could care less about redundancy or whatever on the field hes a better player than what we have in the room.

If our room was so good they wouldnt have the current offers they have out right now a guy from la tech and purdue
Yeah..I don’t think folks follow CFB as a whole..and I get that. Some of these opinions on Brooks doesn’t make much sense. Ghandi says Brooks cant stretch the field..he avg 17 YPC at Bama.

Brooks wouldn’t be my #1 option out of the portal.. i like the Purdue kid & the WSU kid…but he’d most definitely come in day one and be in Miamis top 4 rotation at the very least..and if he’s full go would start..we are in no position to pass on a kid like this

Advertisement
Back