WR board (2024 portal edition)

Advertisement
We are by far his best offer so this should be a layup if we really want him.Has same size but is a much better route runner than Young and much faster too with a 10.8 and 4.4 laser.If we're hoping to find a gem this guy has the ingredients for sure.

This is what fycks me up. This kid may be legit but why aren’t you offering and pursuing proven D1 WRs out of the portal, instead of these diamonds in the rough. You have guys who have shown to compete at the highest level but you’d rather go after dudes competing against future local semi-pro dudes.

Colbie Young worked out pretty well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
young JUCO guys almost always need a year in the program before they’re ready to contribute to get their body right and to get adjusted to P4 ball life

young JUCO guys almost always need a year in the program before they’re ready to contribute to get their body right and to get adjusted to P4 ball life
Exactly, and when there is a numbers crunch like there is now is a developmental JUCO what this team needs right now? Taking too many developmental kids in this last class is the reason the numbers crunch exist in the first place.

Advertisement
Same thing with portal guys for the most part
I don’t believe that to be the case. If I’m taking portal guys I’m taking guys that have been proven commodities at the higher level of college football. Guys that I know will help immediately. Are you going to hit 100% of the time? No. But the hit rate will be a **** of a lot better than the HS and JUCO route.

Advertisement
CJ Daniels update from 247

“As for the teams in the mix, Daniels has already taken visits to Florida, Texas and Auburn so far. It's still possible that he makes trips to LSU, Miami and Arizona. Right now, the Longhorns seem to be in the best position for Daniels. But all of those schools are still pushing hard to land him.”

Advertisement
Back