WR B. Robinson

The analogy I’d use is, do you buy a house just because it has a sweet kitchen, with all other aspects of the home and location being disregarded?

Willie is a bum coach
Possibly the worst P5 offensive line in the country
A journeyman QB, with no real talent behind him
Besides Kelvin Benjamin what WRs from FSU have had success in the NFL?

The pros and cons between the two schools are t even close. Dugans and bags must be enough to sway him

kelvin benjamin was good in the NFL? dude had a single season. he's been gaining weight and floating around since

Advertisement
I like Briles too but I don't think he has a qb who can run his offense successfully at FSU. Him and his pops use dual threat QBs and have always had one. This season will definitely be a test for him as he will not be able to run lil Blackmon 10+ times a game

wait, can we see what briLes does on the p5 level first? enos has proven that in the sec no less. briles is getting first shot against weekly p5 competition. not saying he sucks, but lets wait and see how he does

How bad does UM run though? (And I know we're recruiting others so I'm not posting like this is the end of the world)

But it's not like Duggans is some Ace recruiter...**** the Southridge boys probably ain't at UM if it wasn't for Cooney right?

We somehow run into a kid who just gets infatuated with some totally average coach and wants to attach himself to him?

The analogy I’d use is, do you buy a house just because it has a sweet kitchen, with all other aspects of the home and location being disregarded?

Willie is a bum coach

The pros and cons between the two schools are t even close. Dugans and bags must be enough to sway him

They had the worst OL in the P5 in 2018. Bryan Robinson won’t hit the field until 2020, and most likely not until a year after that when he’s a sophomore or redshirt freshman.

Again, y’all get so caught up with this stuff. Did they have the worst OL in 40 years there last year? Of course. Can you expect that to continue forever? Of course not. People on this board really think FSU won’t ever sign another kid because they had a horrible OL in 2018. I can’t articulate how retarded that is.

I like Briles too but I don't think he has a qb who can run his offense successfully at FSU. Him and his pops use dual threat QBs and have always had one. This season will definitely be a test for him as he will not be able to run lil Blackmon 10+ times a game

This is my biggest point of interest as well for this season. Blackman is not the prototypical Briles QB. I’m so interested to see how he tailors the offense to fit Blackman’s strengths as well because you’re 1000% correct, he’s not running the ball nearly as much as Briles previous QBs have.

Obviously he weighs 85 pounds and isn’t fast, but just as much as that, they only have Hornibrook behind him. Jordan Travis hasn’t been granted his waiver yet and considering it’s been this long he probably won’t. You absolutely cannot risk getting Blackman hurt this year. I expect Briles will employ a very quick passing game and very rarely, if ever, use designed QB runs.

Advertisement
the kid must be lost .. calling fsu his dream school after being committed. scared of competition would be my reason.. fsu has 0 wrs and he likes dugans.. hes weak minded... have fun being a nole b rob

Yea we'll see, like I said feast or famine. I would have liked to see him here. I hope im over rating Briles and underestimating Enos.

I hope people don’t get shocked if FSU beats us. They have home field, and a possibly a better OC than we do.
I'm not sure who "us" is? This isn't the gayturds site.
Now shuuuu...
full.gif

This is my biggest point of interest as well for this season. Blackman is not the prototypical Briles QB. I’m so interested to see how he tailors the offense to fit Blackman’s strengths as well because you’re 1000% correct, he’s not running the ball nearly as much as Briles previous QBs have.

Obviously he weighs 85 pounds and isn’t fast, but just as much as that, they only have Hornibrook behind him. Jordan Travis hasn’t been granted his waiver yet and considering it’s been this long he probably won’t. You absolutely cannot risk getting Blackman hurt this year. I expect Briles will employ a very quick passing game and very rarely, if ever, use designed QB runs.
Exactly!!!!

Advertisement
He’s going to FSU since they have 2 WR coaches. That means he’ll get good twice as quick. Willie playing chess.

I know it’s by mistake and just more Taggart incompetency; but I actually kinda like the idea of it going forward if a team can get away with it. Essential you just have a dedicated recruiter that doesn’t have some of the NCAA limitations that recruiting staff have. I could see it giving you a competitor advantage on the trail that might be outweigh the coaching disadvantage.

I like Briles too but I don't think he has a qb who can run his offense successfully at FSU. Him and his pops use dual threat QBs and have always had one. This season t for him as he will not be able to run lil Blackmon 10+ times a game

He has not always used a mobile qb. I don’t understand why I always see this on here. I assume because not many people paid close attention to Baylor and the last 2 years he had Driskell at FAU who sucks and a wide receiver at Houston playing QB. But for sure I would say his most impressive schemes he runs are his deep passing schemes, the infamous deep choice schemes. The most important attribute to make his offense deadly is having a QB who throws a good deep ball. I know Blackmon is really skinny but I am not sure if that is one of his better attributes. Briles has had several qbs not as athletic as Blackmon so that should be the least of our concerns. Having a mobile qb is no where near as important to Briles as having a qb throw a deep ball. Also I think Briles gained a ton of fandom by his bowl game vs UNC when they did not have any qbs and he used something like 4 or 5 wrs/rbs all game at qb and put up over 50 vs a top 10 UNC. So people again just saw that game and assumed they run the qb all game, but they have used plenty of qbs who were not that mobile, including that season until injuries got them.

Advertisement
wait, can we see what briLes does on the p5 level first? enos has proven that in the sec no less. briles is getting first shot against weekly p5 competition. not saying he sucks, but lets wait and see how he does

You really did not know Briles was an OC for a P5 team? Well he did. They actually had the #1 rated offense in the whole country.

He has not always used a mobile qb. I don’t understand why I always see this on here. I assume because not many people paid close attention to Baylor and the last 2 years he had Driskell at FAU who sucks and a wide receiver at Houston playing QB. But for sure I would say his most impressive schemes he runs are his deep passing schemes, the infamous deep choice schemes. The most important attribute to make his offense deadly is having a QB who throws a good deep ball. I know Blackmon is really skinny but I am not sure if that is one of his better attributes. Briles has had several qbs not as athletic as Blackmon so that should be the least of our concerns. Having a mobile qb is no where near as important to Briles as having a qb throw a deep ball. Also I think Briles gained a ton of fandom by his bowl game vs UNC when they did not have any qbs and he used something like 4 or 5 wrs/rbs all game at qb and put up over 50 vs a top 10 UNC. So people again just saw that game and assumed they run the qb all game, but they have used plenty of qbs who were not that mobile, including that season until injuries got them.
Go check the stats and you'll see that Driskel ran the ball quite a bit. Find me a season where Briles used a pocket passer. I'll wait.

Advertisement
FSU hired one of the best OC’s in the country to run their offense and the kid has a great relationship with his position coach and has for a long time now. It’s not short sighted in the least.

Now, if you think Willie Taggart is completely incompetent and will be fired in a couple years, I certainly won’t argue that. It’s absolutely possible. But FSUs offense will be much better with Briles. Good enough to save Willie? Stay tuned. But certainly better than what it was last year. Can’t fault the kid for going where he’s comfortable with his coach.
There's nothing wrong with your explanation. However, I can (and will) fault a kid for going to F$U instead of Miami. Every time.

Willie is a bum coach

Besides Bolden. Kelvin ain’t done scit in the league.

Advertisement
Back