WOW...when is the last time we had this happen

Advertisement
You think Vegas only cares about one mid-season 2019 head to head matchup from last year and nothing else? Only a Cane fan (not picking on you, just a homer in general) would think that we are actually a 25 point better program than they are because of one game in a new coach's first year. We digressed after that game, actually collapsed, they progressed, that game was in Miami, this year its in L'ville, they were a winning team, we were a losing team, and on and on. ****, look at the new pre-season ACC rankings. They were voted 3rd I believe, and we 6th. Silly to argue, the line will be out in a matter of days. And more importantly, the only thing that matters is the score. I hope we crush them, but I see that as our 2nd toughest game, 3rd at worst.
This is their Fall preview.

2. Cardinals defense

While Louisville's offense should be among the best in the ACC, their defense has a ton of questions to address. In 2019, the Cardinals' defense struggled with the speed and size of teams such as Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame. With several new players entering the program, improving the defense is a priority. So expect competition at many vital spots this spring.

3. Offensive line

Mekhi Becton and Tyler Haycraft were leaders on along the offensive line for many years. However, both Becton and Haycraft are no longer on campus, so Louisville will need to find critical starters up front.

It may be a shootout if we don't kill their QB by the end of the game.

Advertisement
No flame.

You just downvoted two post randomly of mine from a while back where I was being egotistical (in jest) & I thought I had landed one. Disregard. Good day.

Doubt it was "random." No one ever thinks their post sucks when they are posting it, do they?

This is their Fall preview.

2. Cardinals defense

While Louisville's offense should be among the best in the ACC, their defense has a ton of questions to address. In 2019, the Cardinals' defense struggled with the speed and size of teams such as Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame. With several new players entering the program, improving the defense is a priority. So expect competition at many vital spots this spring.

3. Offensive line

Mekhi Becton and Tyler Haycraft were leaders on along the offensive line for many years. However, both Becton and Haycraft are no longer on campus, so Louisville will need to find critical starters up front.

It may be a shootout if we don't kill their QB by the end of the game.
Yeah, so a shootout is anyone's game, right? Certainly a far cry from the 25 point win last year. I just think we saw a guy turn a program around, and quickly. I am expecting them to progress. Apparently a lot of coaches and press are too, as we are seeing.

They had OL problems last year too, and still scored almost 200 more points than they did the year before. That's great coaching. They have the entire interior of their line back (yes they lose their tackles), and the 1500 yard rusher they paved the way for. They can run up the middle well. Which to me, might be the Achilles heel of our defense. We will see. They found a legit QB (11.5 YPA, 63%, 2,065 yards, 22 TD against 5 Int.). He also went for 482 YDS on the ground and 6 more TDs, and they have an WR room that is going to get a lot of NFL attention.

They certainly had a ton of defensive problems, but 9 of their 11 top tacklers are back. That helps. Their front 7 is a bit undersized (they have a couple of emerging stars at LB), so we are going to need to show we can be a physical team and really dominate that part of the game or we're going to miss out on one of our best competitive advantages. To me, the jury is out in a big way on our OL, especially when it comes to physicality. I need to see it. They have to figure out their DB's but there is talent. They just have to make plays. Aka need to be coached up. Sound familiar?

Again, we will have a physical advantage on the lines and we will need to take advantage of them. If we play soft up front, we could be in real trouble. This is either our 2nd or 3rd toughest game.

Thanks for actually talking ball, compadre.

Last edited:
1599249317837.png

Advertisement
Doubt it was "random." No one ever thinks their post sucks when they are posting it, do they?
It was about a month after I posted it. I found it random. Perhaps you were just scrolling late. Yes, sucky post are an important part of being a balanced poster.

Advertisement
Our 1st game is 8pm Primetime and the only college football game on. All eyez on us
Our 2nd game is more then likely going to be 8pm Primetime. It's on ABC against Louisville and there are no big games on then. All eyez on us.
Our 3rd game is possibly going to be 8pm Primetime. It's against FSU and we both should be undefeated going into it. The only other games that might be primetime is WV vs Ok St or ND vs WF but I would think we would be the choice here. All eyez on us (probably).
Our 4th game after a bye week is against Clemson. We should be 8pm Primetime here too. The only other game that might have a chance is UF vs A&M. All eyez on us (probably).

Its possible we could be the premiere game for college football for our first 4 games. Its time to show the world (and recruits) what this []_[] team is gonna be all about. GO Canes!
58388A8D-3836-4A67-B5CE-B4C82A23E7C9.gif

Advertisement
You're exposing yourself. And you're behind. He's a winner, and he's very well respected in coaching circles. At APP ST he was a 3x conference champion and won the COTY. He won 40 games his last four years (keep in mind he usually played a couple of power-5 teams) and went 4-0 in bowl games.

Oh, you're about to cry "APP ST! APP ST!?"

He took a 2–10 (0–8 ACC!) Louisville team and in ONE YEAR, ONE YEAR... took them up to 8–5 (5–3 ACC), a full SIX GAME improvement, which is practically unheard of. Again, he literally turned a 2 win team that went 0-8 in the ACC into a winning program in one season.

And yeah, he was named the ACC Coach of the Year over guys who were getting slurped like Mack Brown and coach of the NATIONAL RUNNER UP and CFB PLAYOFF TEAM, Dabo "aw shucks we don't pay our kids" Sweeney.

There is reason people are high on L'Ville this year. And it's because of Satterfield and who he's bringing back. I think its our 2nd hardest game, personally.
Thats good for a first year coach but those 6 of their 8 wins came against:
>Eastern and Western Kentucky
>4-8 NC state
>5-7 Syracuse
>6-7 BC
>6-7 Miss St
And they lost to us by 25 and to FSU by 11
So how good were they really...?

I remember in 2008 when our season opener vs Charleston Southern was streamed on ESPN3 and it froze right in the middle of a Craig Cooper punt return for a TD. That's when streams were as murky as swamp water.

Nowadays, along with a TV, you pull out a laptop or two, a tablet, and you can watch several games at once if you want

Advertisement
Back