Wow! That Kirby Is A **** Of A Lot Smarter Than Richt!!

68% of Georgia’s football team are underclassman. They have the youngest team in the SEC. they will be fine.

Advertisement
The point that's been missed is that UGA was NOT satisfied with complacency, ie, Richt, and made a bold move, something we are incapable of. They fired the safe choice . They knew they would never get over the hump in the SEC with Saban there.

Yes, the punt fake was a mistake, but, that's coaching. if he punts and Bama drives the field ( only needing a FG) everyone's ripping Smart for being soft and scared.

The issue is not Smarts decision- its UGA's decision to be bold and not complacent.

The anti-Richt crowd loves to leave out facts to pile on the hate and revise history. It's sad. Yeah, we're all frustrated with how year three went—but a big reason for that were false expectations after last year's 10-0 run (which could've easily have been 6-4 with losses to FSU, GT, Cuse and UNC).

The minute neither Perry or Weldon did enough to beat out the pedestrian Rosier in spring, this season was in trouble. Toss in a sub-par offensive line, and no one should've been shocked by this offense.

Back to do-no-wrong-Kirby:

- Smashed 40-17 by an average Auburn team last year.
- Blew a 20-7 lead in national title game; up 13 points with 6:52 left in third quarter—never scored again in regulation.
- Smashed 36-16 at LSU this year.
- Blew 14-point lead in 2018 SEC Championship; low-lighted by brain-dead fake punt with Bama defense on field.

Smart is a fine coach and Georgia is a solid program—but the fact a portion of the Miami fan base has turned into UGA / Kirby fan boys, while trying to rewrite Richt's history there (and not holding Smart accountable where he's come up short, as Richt did)—it's laughable.

Richt landed the 8th-ranked class in 2014, the 6th-ranked class in 2015 and set the table for the 6th-ranked class in 2016—let go less than two months before National Signing Day ... yet Smart gets all the credit for Georgia's success. Got it.

Some of y'all are insanely blinded by hate, bitterness and 15 years worth of irrelevancy—to the point you've lost all logic or reason.
Are you implying that in Richt’s third tear that the results should be 7-5 and going 10-0 in a weak *** division is some how unrealistic despite on paper how talented we are as a team.

The point that's been missed is that UGA was NOT satisfied with complacency, ie, Richt, and made a bold move, something we are incapable of. They fired the safe choice . They knew they would never get over the hump in the SEC with Saban there.

Yes, the punt fake was a mistake, but, that's coaching. if he punts and Bama drives the field ( only needing a FG) everyone's ripping Smart for being soft and scared.

The issue is not Smarts decision- its UGA's decision to be bold and not complacent.

I don't believe anybody is missing that point. But UGA really has zero history of being a true national powerhouse. This move will either yield a ring or it will be a simple lateral move for the school. So far I don't see them being any different except for recruiting which was aided greatly by the disarray at UF and some other perennial powerhouse SEC schools. I bet the recruiting cools off soon.

I don't believe anybody is missing that point. But UGA really has zero history of being a true national powerhouse. This move will either yield a ring or it will be a simple lateral move for the school. So far I don't see them being any different except for recruiting which was aided greatly by the disarray at UF and some other perennial powerhouse SEC schools. I bet the recruiting cools off soon.
Wait wait wait.....

Lateral move? Nah man that’s just a silly argument to make. In that case, when ND loses a CG their offseason changes were just lateral moves too. Nope.

Advertisement
Wait wait wait.....

Lateral move? Nah man that’s just a silly argument to make. In that case, when ND loses a CG their offseason changes were just lateral moves too. Nope.
Nothing silly about it. UGA is not a perennial powerhouse. This was a "win a championship" play. They are experiencing right now exactly what they did with CMR. Not saying it won't change but right now it's a wash.

One coach looks to be on his ascent, the other looks like he is on his descent.

Doesn't negate the resume CMR has built, but he's got a lot more in the rear-view than in his windshield.

Specific to the play call ... There is no argument to justify it. Horrible call.

We'll see how long it follows him, though. It's not like Dabo giving up 70 to WVU in his 4th season is his defining coaching moment.

One of the worst calls in football history. Its up there with Richt choosing not to spike the ball on Bama's 8 yard line with 15 seconds left in the game in the 2012 SEC championship game.

Nothing silly about it. UGA is not a perennial powerhouse. This was a "win a championship" play. They are experiencing right now exactly what they did with CMR. Not saying it won't change but right now it's a wash.

Youre comparing the best of Richts 15 yrs vs the smarts 3 years.

It’s a different era we’re in now, but in today’s cfb smart is very much the better choice.

Advertisement
Youre comparing the best of Richts 15 yrs vs the smarts 3 years.

It’s a different era we’re in now, but in today’s cfb smart is very much the better choice.
I'm comparing the first 3 years.
Also the jury is out on Smart. Isn't this his first head coaching job? I haven't seen anything out of him yet that leads me to believe he's some savant.

One of the worst calls in football history. Its up there with Richt choosing not to spike the ball on Bama's 8 yard line with 15 seconds left in the game in the 2012 SEC championship game.

Yeah, so then Murray's pass could've gotten tipped on the next play instead of on that play.

Nice reach.

This is not an infraction. This is a verbal warning. The response to the poster quoted. Was not needed
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
That call was dumb but that UGA team played much better than i ever expected coming into tonight. I expected and easy Bama win.

Hilarious how many said Kirby would suck so bad this year after losing so many seniors / juniors from last year. Same people that said he would suck at UGA when he got hired. I hate the swarmy little *******, but it is clear he is much better than richt from the standpoint that he isn't afraid to go after the be$t...whatever it takes. Not sure how much better he would be than Richt if he played by the rules also, but my guess is still quite a bit better.

Now the fake punt on 4th and 11? Arguably one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen when you could force a back-up, mostly running QB, to drive 80-90% of the field to beat you.

UM

The point that's still missed is that the results or lack of them for UGa don't change the fact that they were not satisfied with " almost there" and gambled, and I think gambled big, by firing Richt. While the jury is out as to whether they will win the SEC with Smart, kudos to them for not waiting it out. JMO.

The point that's still missed is that the results or lack of them for UGa don't change the fact that they were not satisfied with " almost there" and gambled, and I think gambled big, by firing Richt. While the jury is out as to whether they will win the SEC with Smart, kudos to them for not waiting it out. JMO.
They already won the SEC last year

Advertisement

"they were not satisfied with " almost there" and gambled," is the perfect way to describe why CMR was relieved of his position.

I'm comparing the first 3 years.
Also the jury is out on Smart. Isn't this his first head coaching job? I haven't seen anything out of him yet that leads me to believe he's some savant.
Richts had 3 or more losses 9 times since 2008. With elite talent in some cases, but about always with more talent than the teams he loses to. There’s nothing particularly good about that.

I’ll take Kirby.

U2Cane said:

They already won the SEC last year

Yeah, and they already won the SEC when Richt was there, too.

Winning the SEC is not the question. It's whether or not UGA can win a National Championship for the first time since the days of Herschel.

Richt couldn't quite do it, and now Kirby can't quite get it done either.

Advertisement
Back