Wow! Just WOW!!!

The sad thing was it was happening right in front of the zebras at the tackle spots. I mean u seen jerseys being yanked. You seen shoulder pads coming out. Not only on the defensive end, but our WRs were being tugged on, too. They called it against VT, but that was pretty much it.

We need to run up the scoreboard on everyone. I don’t care if we’re up by 5 TDs w/ 5 to play; score another! F the NCAA and their **** poor biased refs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Pitt game was by far the worst imo. They literally held on every single play without having to worry about a thing.

CMR blew a gasket on live TV. He'd had enough. And I'm glad he did. If we noticed it I'm sure they did too, esp on film!
Im glad he did too but still felt he handled it wrong, he has to do it like basketball coaches do it for their star players, phil jackson comes to mind, you use your post game press conference to rip the refs and eat the fine. Then media will put spotlight on issue and refs will be on notice and tighten up.

All season richt did his turn other cheek and get slapped on that one too routine, it is well known a bully will pick on you more when you act defenseless. He never came out full stop even when questioned directly on radio interviews or post game. So when you blow you gasket on national tv, you just look like a lunatic coach.. Then he apologized after, wtffff...

Im glad he did too but still felt he handled it wrong, he has to do it like basketball coaches do it for their star players, phil jackson comes to mind, you use your post game press conference to rip the refs and eat the fine. Then media will put spotlight on issue and refs will be on notice and tighten up.

All season richt did his turn other cheek and get slapped on that one too routine, it is well known a bully will pick on you more when you act defenseless. He never came out full stop even when questioned directly on radio interviews or post game. So when you blow you gasket on national tv, you just look like a lunatic coach.. Then he apologized after, wtffff...

I believe reports were submitted to league offices on numerous occasions. Our displeasure was known to officiating. I don’t think it was any secret.

The only thing Rick could have done differently is used the media prior to the game to put pressure on the refs. Of course, that’s against league rules, for which there are fines and even possible suspensions. After the game, who gives a shlt. The season was over.

I have no problem with his loss of composure. There’s only so much a person can take. Yes, it’s just a game. But the chips were getting blatantly stacked to one side.

I believe reports were submitted to league offices on numerous occasions. Our displeasure was known to officiating. I don’t think it was any secret.

The only thing Rick could have done differently is used the media prior to the game to put pressure on the refs. Of course, that’s against league rules, for which there are fines and even possible suspensions. After the game, who gives a shlt. The season was over.

I have no problem with his loss of composure. There’s only so much a person can take. Yes, it’s just a game. But the chips were getting blatantly stacked to one side.

Its way beyond Blatant!! Its out and out cheating!!!

I was going to suggest that Miami fans set up a pool to pay for CMR's fines so he could do that with impunity.......BUt we know how some here feel about giving $$ to Miami football.

Advertisement
5 holding calls in 13 games. I knew we went from FSU to Clemson without one, but I never took the time to check how many we had before we started counting quarters...This should be outrageous considering what our d-line was able to accomplish.

Would love for someone with more time and know how than myself to go back and estimate the number of holding calls that were missed.

Advertisement
I came in here expecting to bust Ernie Tee Trout's chops for a hyperbolic thread title but he's spot on with this one. I saw this story yesterday and had a mild aneurysm while reflecting on all the non-calls. If only our campus was located in Coral Gables, North Carolina.

Would love for someone with more time and know how than myself to go back and estimate the number of holding calls that were missed.
Would be easier to find out how many holding calls were actually called on teams so you can see what the norm is for a game.

It truly was amazing to watch last year, but I'm sure we got away with our fair share as well

Advertisement

I remember reading an article either after Syracuse or UVA where Miami sent in video of 10-15(?) plays with questionable no calls. NCAA responded saying that roughly 50% of those misses should have been flagged. I can't seem to find the article, but we definitely sent in video evidence last season and NCAA agreed with roughly half of those missed calls - Miami was not allowed to release the specific calls that were missed, just the count.

Do you know how many holds were called against our O Line and how many holds were called against other teams when they weren't playing us?

Before everybody goes crazy with "the world hates Miami" stuff, this is the relevant question. I watched my fair share of non-UM college football games last season and rarely saw holding calls in those games either.

tc has a valid point IIRC there was some discussion about the refs letting more holding calls go than in years past. As has been said numerous times, you could call holding on every play if you really wanted to.
While I think our lack of calls for was egregious, I will admit the Dallas TD vs ND was a serious hold on , I believe, McDermott.

Advertisement
I just think some of the refs misunderstood the rules. Hands inside the numbers is okay...probably should have specified that it meant the numbers on the front of the jersey.

I was having a good morning....now I am thinking about all the bull**** refs during the season.
the wisconsin game could have been a win if they called holding FFS

I was having a good morning....now I am thinking about all the bull**** refs during the season.
the wisconsin game could have been a win if they called holding FFS
I agree. Despite awful officiating which was so blatant it was obvious cheating. The whisky & Pitt games still shoulda been wins.

Advertisement
Back