Would You Rather Win the NIT or...

It's better for the fans to pump their chests and look at NCAA banners in the BUC, to lose in the NCAAs, but for the overall development of this team next year, winning the NIT or making the NIT finals is better.

Advertisement
^^^^
So teams like Georgia, Ole Miss & St Johns that lost in the first round in games that probably aired in the afternoon against other games are better off than us right now getting extra games & practices and being the only game on ESPN in that evening timeslot and playing at MSG? Being a one and done Tourney team almost means you didn't even belong in the field. I'd rather claim to be snubbed than that.

Five years from now I'd rather have larranaga telling recruits "we've made five straight tourneys" than "we won the NIT in 2015."

A fair point. I'm just of the mindset that in relation to this team only and next year's season that winning the NIT and all the extra games/ practices and the feeling of being snubbed is more beneficial than a unremarkable early exit from the real Tourney.

^^^^
So teams like Georgia, Ole Miss & St Johns that lost in the first round in games that probably aired in the afternoon against other games are better off than us right now getting extra games & practices and being the only game on ESPN in that evening timeslot and playing at MSG? Being a one and done Tourney team almost means you didn't even belong in the field. I'd rather claim to be snubbed than that.

Five years from now I'd rather have larranaga telling recruits "we've made five straight tourneys" than "we won the NIT in 2015."

I'm just not convinced that that's much different than Larranaga telling recruits "We've made four straight tourneys and won the NIT in 2015." I just don't think that one extra tourney berth over an NIT title is going to sway a recruit.

^^^^

I'm just not convinced that that's much different than Larranaga telling recruits "We've made four straight tourneys and won the NIT in 2015." I just don't think that one extra tourney berth over an NIT title is going to sway a recruit.

Im not going to argue with you shill. I have realistic expectations, I'm enjoying the NIT, im not *****ing, give it a rest.

I just think Tournament experience is better for the players and the resume. Take it easy, no need to attack my every thought.

I'd say the NIT just because Coach L does not have one corching bone in his body. He can bounce back.

Advertisement
This is the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a while. Obviously win a round of tourny and lose. The only argument would be would you rather get blown out in the NCAA tourny first round or win NIT. Even if you lose close first round, it's clearly the NCAA tourny over the not invited tournament champion.

Advertisement
Back