Would you be mad at Gerald Willis if he sat out the rest of the season?

Would you be mad at Gerald Willis if he decided to sit out the rest of this season or bowl?

• I will be mad if sits out any games at all.

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • It's ok with me if he plays agains Pitt and then sits the bowl game.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • He can sit for Pitt and the bowl game and I understand.

Votes: 84 47.5%
  • Butch Davis is a football God!

Votes: 29 16.4%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I don't see him sitting. I think he's trying to close out a full solid season. After missing last season, I think he's trying to get as much film out there for scouts as possible. Not sure if I'd be mad at him at this point. But, he said he was going to play in the bowl game a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement
He’s not going to sit out bc he’s loyal to the team and already sat out most of his cfb career...

We are going to beat Pitt and win a bowl game that’s a great way to go into the off season.

Veteran move on the ninja edit.

I’m anti sitting out for anyone. Play the games. I’d love to see him dominate Pitt and whoever we play in the bowl. That being said, I wouldn’t be mad at the young man. The offense failed him and the rest of the defense this year.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Finish the season with a W against Pitt. I wouldn't mind if he sat out the bowl game.

I’m anti sitting out for anyone. Play the games. I’d love to see him dominate Pitt and whoever we play in the bowl. That being said, I wouldn’t be mad at the young man. The offense failed him and the rest of the defense this year.

Go Canes!

I used be anti sitting out until I saw players get season ending injuries and lose millions by falling in the draft. And the insurance doesn’t cover everything.

If you’ve put enough on film to almost guarantee you are a top 20 pick, then I understand if you want to shut it down.

As a fan and wanting my team to have the best players on the field, it sucks. If it was my kid, that would be my advice.

I used be anti sitting out until I saw players get season ending injuries and lose millions by falling in the draft. And the insurance doesn’t cover everything.

If you’ve put enough on film to almost guarantee you are a top 20 pick, then I understand if you want to shut it down.

As a fan and wanting my team to have the best players on the field, it sucks. If it was my kid, that would be my advice.

I concur.

If it were a playoff situation then it would be different. Hohwever a top tier bowl that isn't a playoff game might not be worth the risk.

Advertisement
Mad? Nah, I can't get mad at Willis, he brought it this year. But I'd be disappointed if he didn't play against Pitt. You want to go out on your terms, but have it announced beforehand.

Yeah, you could always get hurt, but you'll never get to play college ball ever again. I'd hope he'd play against Pitt and then a series or two in the bowl game before shutting it down.

I dont think he sits because he’s a dawg and is going to finish what he started. And I wouldn’t be mad a a kid who sat as long as they understood their scholarship was just revoked in kind and they owed the university tuition for the last semester. Then the team captains can carry out the code red.

Advertisement
I voted that he better play against Pitt but I would understand if he sat out the bowl although I would be disappointed. He’s not the only Senior on the team and it’s not like he’s had a history of serious injury.... Michael Jackson, Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine all have early round NFL potential if they’re not sitting out Gerald Willis better suit up and get that bowl win for the team.

* matter fact I change my vote he better play both

Advertisement
Back