Would you be happy with?

guys we were 7-5 last year. we are not there yet. we will continue to lose guys like Cooper, Lemonier, etc until we start winning again... stop living like its 10 years ago.

Miami could be 14-0 and national champions and would still lose players from South Florida to other schools. It's just a fact of recruiting in the area.

Advertisement

Aren't both of those guys examples of if there were not any grade issues, they'd more than likely be somewhere else?

That's of absolutely NO consequence. Sandland could have gone to 'SC or any other program besides the SEC. He didn't and he chose Miami. AQM could have gone anywhere in the country besides Notre Dame and he didn't, he went to Miami. Don't try to diminish those pulls

The discussion was "where we need to be." IMO, you have to take that into consideration.

We've beaten out Florida, Alabama, and USC for prospects, how is that not where we need to be? We're coming off of a Top 10 class and if those who told the coaches they are coming come, the only schools who will have more of the Top 150 prospects, are Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Florida, and Alabama.

And who has told he coaches that they are coming?

Aren't both of those guys examples of if there were not any grade issues, they'd more than likely be somewhere else?

That's of absolutely NO consequence. Sandland could have gone to 'SC or any other program besides the SEC. He didn't and he chose Miami. AQM could have gone anywhere in the country besides Notre Dame and he didn't, he went to Miami. Don't try to diminish those pulls

The discussion was "where we need to be." IMO, you have to take that into consideration.

We've beaten out Florida, Alabama, and USC for prospects, how is that not where we need to be? We're coming off of a Top 10 class and if those who told the coaches they are coming come, the only schools who will have more of the Top 150 prospects, are Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Florida, and Alabama.

Coley, Collins, and Grace

No

Any class projections without Matt Thomas will be a failure and a PR nightmare for Al

PR nightmare over a recruit
Truthfully, they win 8 games next year - that's a nightmare
Win 10 or more and put the NCAA in the rearview mirror, and no one thinks twice about 6, or Denver or bostwick or ...

Grace
Edwards
Coley
Collins
Bryant
Brooks

Lose
Bostwick
Thomas
Kirkland
Robinson

I want Bostwick and would trade KB for him. I would be happy if we get Bostwick with those you listed. Without him I'm a bit glum

I would prefer Thomas but, after all that has happened I will only be upset if he chooses the Noles.

If we get everyone but, we lose Bostwick and Thomas chooses the Noles I give the class a 9. We get Bostwick and it is a 10 no matter where Thomas goes.
We get Thomas and it is a 10+ even if Bostwick chooses the Gators. This is all contingent on us getting those players []_[] have picking us already

Advertisement

have we beaten USC, Bama etc out of a TOP prospect from that area? as in did we go in to Bamas back yard and plucked their TOP prospect? no we haven't!

again, if we want to get back to a top 5 team year after year, we need to close every year in the top 10 and get freak talents like Big6 FROM our back yard

We never made it a priority to go into those areas and take talent. We laughed at them ranking the kid as some elite prospect with the diluted competition around him and took our 4 star guy from SF and said F_ck your 5*. Then we proceeded in kickin their *** with our guys from our city. Coker made this mistake before using the cred Miami had to pluck top talent form across the nation and it got us nowhere. The talent is here in SF, losing out on a guy like Thomas this year hurts but, if we get Collins, Coley, Grace, and one of the DTs (coupled with Burns and Carter) then Al is doing his job and we will be even tougher to beat after this season.

Last edited:

Oh ok, but don't you think it's a bit unfair to add in our recruits that have told our coaches but not acknowledge that other teams may make a move also? Depending on how things shake out, your list could have at least a couple of more teams added to it.

Oh ok, but don't you think it's a bit unfair to add in our recruits that have told our coaches but not acknowledge that other teams may make a move also? Depending on how things shake out, your list could have at least a couple of more teams added to it.

Most of the Top 150 is already committed and Ole Miss is probably the only other team in the running for like 5 uncommitted players. Most folks classes are done with the exception of 2 spots or so.

Most of the Top 150 is already committed and Ole Miss is probably the only other team in the running for like 5 uncommitted players. Most folks classes are done with the exception of 2 spots or so.

Ole Miss, FSU, and Clemson all popped in my mind instantly.

Advertisement
And just so we're clear, if things don't shake out the way you say, and say we only get 1 out of the 3, what's your stance then?

Not being able to pull Thomas shows you where our program is now & where we need to be.

(thats if we don't get him)

You can't assign one recruit to gauge our program on.

What does going out and pulling Beau Sandland say about where we are?

How about stealing AQM?

Works both ways.

Disagree , until we can cherry pick the best talent from our backyard we aren't where we need to be .

This is funny, again, let's see who we don't get Wednesday, but I see lots of getting who we want! Can't help if hs coaches are working against our staff (if everything we are reading is true). after last year, no kids from BTW, are you kiddig me. We return everyone, with tons of momentum, this is the year kids like that should be all over our program. S.Henderson and Porter shows you that! We funny have a complete staff!

And just so we're clear, if things don't shake out the way you say, and say we only get 1 out of the 3, what's your stance then?

We missed and the class isn't good enough.

Gotcha. Also, just so we're clear, I don't agree with the poster that gave losing Thomas as an example of where we are as opposed to where we need to be. I made the comment about grades because I knew that we had discussed AQM's situation before and I just wanted to ruffle your feathers a little bit. LOL Regarding Thomas, though, I think back to a similar situation with Marvin Jones. Heck we lost him and IIRC, we had just won 2 out of the last 3 national titles when that happened. UM is always going to lose some top guys. You just have to keep them few and far between, and make sure you hit on the guys that you do get. Now that I think about it, the funny thing about Jones is that he, just like Thomas, had an older brother that seemed to have an influence on his interest in going up to Tally. IIRC, Jones had an older brother that played for FSU when Jones was a youngster.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks AQM couldn't get into ND is a simp.

We beat those murderous Catholic ***** and the defacto team of the 2010s for this kid. A huge get. Can't be undersold. The Domers floated that academics excuse with a quickness to salve the massive butthurt of falling from the delirious, short-lived high of this season. That's all over.

No

Any class projections without Matt Thomas will be a failure and a PR nightmare for Al

not true he is one recruit, half of 5 stars recruits don't ban out anyway

plus if we get coley, collins, grace then makes up for no MT

Last edited:
Some of you are just, I cant even think of the right word. If 6 doesnt wanna be here why be upset? So a local stud wants to go elsewhere. Cant fault the coaches for him not wanting to be here. Same goes for all the local studs. If you dont wanna be here then I dont want you here. Are they great talents, yes but I aint giving a second thought about them. Well until they play us and get destroyed. I am pleased with whatever class we get. Can it always be better sure but I will roll with what we get and and watch them return us to where we expect to be. On top.

In Golden I trust.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back