Would Mario Keep Lashlee?

Advertisement
TBH if Manny would have hired a proven DC with Lashlee. Maybe recruited a few LBs I think we would be sitting pretty good. Manny made his own bed choosing to be HC/DC let his stubborn *** sleep in it…. I hope Lashlee would stay he appears to have done well with TVD, or maybe TVD is just that good with or without idk

Advertisement
You’re counting FIU, aren’t you?

Besides, he ain’t coming. He’s using Miami as leverage.
You are counting pre TVD? BS aside, do not think Cristobal is the guy either. Sadly, we have sucked for so long that any shiny object excites us... IMO, lack of quality staff has been as big an issue than the HC

Advertisement
I can either focus on very bad play calling in specific spots, or the fact that the offense with TVD is almost guaranteed to score 30.
We can hate Lashlee but these boys are putting up major points and he is the OC. I don’t care who you play we have scored a ton over the past 5 weeks with TVD and quarterback and Lashlee at OC.

Advertisement
Lashlee chose to come here over Oregon, for those of you that don't remember. He chose Manny over Mario then, and Mario went after Moorehead once Lashlee turned him down. So it is definitely an interesting discussion topic because Mario did want him last off season ..

And it's even better because it shows that Mario isn't married to one specific kind of offense.

Probably not, because Mario would want to bring his guys. Then again, if Miami had an AD worth a ****, they would demand that Mario brought top end assistants and secured a commitment from the donors to help make that happen. Mario isn't a elite coach, you have to really cover for his shortcomings by hiring top end guys to put around him.
Don’t think you’d have to make demands for Mario to hire an elite staff.

Coaching is half Xs and Os, half recruiting and half ceo type management. Mario isn't an elite Xs and Os coach, but he’s an elite recruiter. If he’s a good CEO, he would do very well here.

Advertisement
Firing Manny for Mario is a sideways move. Does not project us upwards. He is 59-59 for a reason regardless of the schools he coached.
I mean you can keep saying 59-59 all you want but he’s also 33-11 at Oregon. With a 5th ranked finish and rose bowl win just a few years back. And now currently ranked 4th in the nation. Curious to see how the rest of the season plays out. I would gladly take Oregon’s last 4 years under Mario over our last 15 years any day.

But yes you are right…he’s definitely a flawed candidate no doubt. Game day management is highly suspect. The offense looks horrific. Their transfer QB is a bust and not sure why Mario hasn’t put in Ty yet.

But again, how many coaches are we going to realistically have a shot at with a track record over the last 4 years that’s comparable to Mario?

Advertisement
Back