Would Manny get fired at 3-9?

We've lost to Gtech.

Now, none of the games on our schedule are automatic. We could lose them all.

I have actually stayed out **** near 10 weeks so I can come home to watch the FSU game with my stepfather. Almost wish I hadn't.

Advertisement
There will be consequences for Blake at 4-8 or under, as you said $7.1m for this isnt acceptable, especially when considering he didnt interview any candidates. The admin needs a fall guy. The new AD will be just like Blake, a yes-person to the BoT, so the "new AD means a new HC" theory may be just a fantasy. That said, I dont think Manny is safe at all at 4-8. I just dont think Miami can absorb that toxicity. I bet you these conversations are being had at the highest level right now.
I was called last week by the school for money. Timing was bad but they will call back. The phone call will be toxic as ****.

Agreed. I highly doubt he gets fired after a 3-9 campaign. If the same is evident in yr 2, then he MAY get fired.

But, on another note, Blake & Crowley should fa sho be fired if such a season happens. **** anything under .500 should get them fired. Paying $7.1 for a coach to go under .500, w no coaching search has to be a fireable offense. It’s like our CFO spending $8m on a computer program from this tech company to help bring “seamless” production. That same company went out of business in one yr, making that program obsolete, meaning we had to spend millions more to get a new program. Even though she was the right hand woman to our CEO for several yrs, she was terminated almost immediately from the board.

Most ppl don’t like just frivolously spending. This season, pending how it plays out, could be the end for them. If not, then yeah the program is done; I’ll concede.
Where is the 7.1 number coming from? Assuming 4 for the buyout and then 3.1 for his annual salary? JFC if we are paying this nincompoop 3.1 a year for this product. I’d love to know his annual salary with Temple just to see how badly BJ got neutered in negotiations.

Advertisement
I know you guys think our admin wouldnt make a change, but I can guarantee Blake and Manny will be gone if we lose to FIU coupled with no bowl game. Manny is on the cusp of one of the worst records in what 50 years? We aint beatin Pitt, FSU, UL or Duke.
Correct. Heck even with a win against FIU when was the last time a Miami hurricanes team had less than 5 wins...1977 and that is with one less game. Even during our probation years we managed at least 5 wins. Can't spin 4-8. Even Golden under "the cloud" won at least 6 games.... Let that sink in.

I'm not asking if he should get fired- I'm asking if he would get fired.

I honestly think the answer is no.

Nope.

Fifth head coach in 14 years at Miami.

Can't keep turning over coaches on an annual basis and find any level of success. A head coach is going to get three years, at least, to turn it around.

Sends a pretty sh1tty message to future potential hires, too—don't get it done year one and we'll send you and your family packing one year from the day y'all showed up.

7-6 last year. 7-9 dating back to Pitt game in 2017. 35-3 bowl loss to Wisconsin. Brand new offensive staff. Young o-line. No proven quarterback. Depleted secondary.

What did people really expect year one? Lost some very winnable games with a new staff and a team that has has struggled to close out games since long before Diaz showed up.

Advertisement
Our booster base & administration simply doesn't spend money.

Which means Manny is gonna be here for at least 1-2 more years regardless of record.

That's the worst part about this whole thing is we're going to see programs that really do care about Football spend the proper money & hire really good coaches that will turn their program around, while we'll be stuck with Shanny's ineptitude.

We're fcked man... We're simply just fcked.
FSU will right their ship. We saw UNC do it. Dont be surprised to see Duke go for broke on football. USC might spend close to 100 million with their next hire

Meanwhile, we'll be over here like 🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
Where is the 7.1 number coming from? Assuming 4 for the buyout and then 3.1 for his annual salary? JFC if we are paying this nincompoop 3.1 a year for this product. I’d love to know his annual salary with Temple just to see how badly BJ got neutered in negotiations.
4 mil temple buy out

Nope.

Fifth head coach in 14 years at Miami.

Can't keep turning over coaches on an annual basis and find any level of success. A head coach is going to get three years, at least, to turn it around.

Sends a pretty sh1tty message to future potential hires, too—don't get it done year one and we'll send you and your family packing one year from the day y'all showed up.

7-6 last year. 7-9 dating back to Pitt game in 2017. 35-3 bowl loss to Wisconsin. Brand new offensive staff. Young o-line. No proven quarterback. Depleted secondary.

What did people really expect year one? Lost some very winnable games with a new staff and a team that has has struggled to close out games since long before Diaz showed up.

Houston's AD said he'd fire a coach for going 8-4. They just landed a very good P5 coach in Dana Holgerson. I think that's the 1st time a coach has left a P5 job for a G5 job. Didn't seem to scare Dana.

Firing a guy for going 3-9 at Miami after 1 year doesn't keep good coaches away. A good coach is probably vomiting at Diaz's coaching performance thus far. It does show recruits that the school cares about winning though.

Advertisement
Houston's AD said he'd fire a coach for going 8-4. They just landed a very good P5 coach in Dana Holgerson. I think that's the 1st time a coach has left a P5 job for a G5 job. Didn't seem to scare Dana.

Firing a guy for going 3-9 at Miami after 1 year doesn't keep good coaches away. A good coach is probably vomiting at Diaz's coaching performance thus far. It does show recruits that the school cares about winning though.

Dana Holgerson is hardly a "very good coach". Most of the WVU fanbase was happy he left.

He was an annoying coach for them who never could do quite enough to get fired, but still never made anybody happy.

I think he would get fired at 3-9. That means losing to FIU & Butch, the toxicity will be full mass. Even at 4-8 someone will be fired, perhaps even 5-7.
Look on the bright side, the next home game in November will be empty as fvck. All that will be left would be Cobblerfridge and his merry band of criminals and women beaters

Advertisement
Back