Would Manny get fired at 3-9?

Advertisement
Miami will give a 3-9 Diaz at least a 2nd year.

Agreed. I highly doubt he gets fired after a 3-9 campaign. If the same is evident in yr 2, then he MAY get fired.

But, on another note, Blake & Crowley should fa sho be fired if such a season happens. **** anything under .500 should get them fired. Paying $7.1 for a coach to go under .500, w no coaching search has to be a fireable offense. It’s like our CFO spending $8m on a computer program from this tech company to help bring “seamless” production. That same company went out of business in one yr, making that program obsolete, meaning we had to spend millions more to get a new program. Even though she was the right hand woman to our CEO for several yrs, she was terminated almost immediately from the board.

Most ppl don’t like just frivolously spending. This season, pending how it plays out, could be the end for them. If not, then yeah the program is done; I’ll concede.

I’m not really familiar w Diaz’s father except he was the Mayot. How’s he looked at by the general Miamian?
IMO he W**** good. I have a lot of respect for him (but that doesn’t justify his son being our coach).

When he took over Miami muni bonds were junk rated and when he left they were A+

And he did everything he could to renovate the Orange Bowl for us.

He was little crooked and many Miamians believe he should be locked up.

Now he is focused on putting Walmarts everywhere in Miami

Last edited:
IMO he was **** good. I have a lot of respect for him (but that doesn’t justify his son being our coach).

When he took over Miami muni bonds were junk rated and when he left they were A+

And he did everything he could to renovate the Orange Bowl for us.

He was little crooked and many Miamians believe he should be locked up.

every mayor down here should be locked up

Our booster base & administration simply doesn't spend money.

Which means Manny is gonna be here for at least 1-2 more years regardless of record.

That's the worst part about this whole thing is we're going to see programs that really do care about Football spend the proper money & hire really good coaches that will turn their program around, while we'll be stuck with Shanny's ineptitude.

We're fcked man... We're simply just fcked.

Advertisement
Miami admin loves to spend other people's money. And then they're arrogant and ungrateful about donations, to boot.

Throw money in to a neverending bottomless black hole with zero results to show for it, and zero accountability for failure? Wohoo. Sign me up! {sarcasm}

How much did we donate for that **** IPF? Lot of **** good that did us. We losing more games now with it than we was before.

I'm not donating one god**** dime. Not a cent. They can fix this **** mess themselves.
I am personally looking forward to the AD calling me for more money.

I'm not asking if he should get fired- I'm asking if he would get fired.

I honestly think the answer is no.

Of course not. He could go winless and not get fired. The guy has a CONTRACT.

I still think we end up 4-8; maybe 5-7--but I'm having a hard time seeing where we're getting that 5th win. Even Louisville didn't look all that bad against Clemson. A 4-8/5-7 record for a first year, first time head coach in the P-5 is not a fire-able offense.

If you want Manny's tenure to end you had better hope for a scandal of some sorts.
4-8 at miami is a scandal

Advertisement
Advertisement
The skys above Marlins Park would look like Normandy if Manny keeps losing and was facing Butch with a chance to be 3-8.

Blake for sure would be a goner.

None the less, Duke is going to embarrass us to end the season. It's going to be a hilarious last month.

3-9 in and of itself, maybe. It'll take some very obvious signs that the team has quit on him + a full throated cry from fans and major donors.

Advertisement
To be honest, 3-9 including a loss to FIU at the old Orange Bowl may leave the admin with very little choice because I do believe at that time it becomes a safety and security issue. There would probably be a lot of death threats. Just take into account the history between the schools with that fight? Then you got Butch there. Pete there. Could you imagine another brawl or fight because UM is losing? I could. I think it got chippy last time they played. Then it be at the old Orange Bowl? So many heads would roll for losing the team, scheduling the game to begin with and the historical embarrassment

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back