Worst signing day ever

Advertisement
giphy.gif

I’m remembering why I don’t pay attention to recruiting. This is an awful day.

If I didn’t know anything about who we were chasing and I watched our players and saw our ranking only, I’d be freaking stoked.

Perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
PS2 goes to Bama, and we still have a higher ranked class...to the complainers on here....eat a pinga!!!

Here's a dose of reality, gents. Ever since I can remember, we've always been a program that gets the most out of 3 - 4 star kids with tremendous upside and a burning desire to prove people wrong. FSU and UF would almost always get higher rated recruiting classes, but UM would get the dogs that would end up destroying them on the field.

We did that with solid coaching and finding the right type of kids. Hate to say it -- but we followed the Wisconsin model more than we did the Bama/FSU model of chasing the 5 stars.

It worked very well for us in the past.

As we take the next step and win more big games, we'll lure more 5 stars. But we need to remember that we will never be on a level 'bag' field with the Bama's and Georgia's of the world. We'll need to win it the Miami way - fast, nasty teams made up of athletic guys with a chip on their shoulders that embrace being the overlooked little school by the CFB world.

It's not 1987 anymore. You CAN'T win the "Wisconsin way."

The absolute, top notch team of that sort is TCU. They live in a recruiting area similar to ours, and they recruit mostly 3-star kids who can run and who have that dog in them.

They have great coaching.... possibly the best.

At the end of the day, TCU is never competing with Alabama or even Georgia for national titles. That's just not the era we're in.

We either need to recruit better, or we're not going to win championships. That's what it comes down to.

Advertisement
It is absolutely amazing we whiff on the top 3 dbs in south florida. Right in our back yard. Selling out to the $ec. Bunch of Sell Outs...

Gurvan Hall, Frierson, Blades, and Ivey...would take any of them over Jobe.

noo...just no.

Agreed...that was maybe a reach. I do however think that Jobe aint quite right in the head. Those types don't impress me all that much. I feel like the guys that we got have what it takes upstairs.

And after watching Jobe in the AA game getting consistently torched it shocked me a bit. He will probably end up a decent safety, but you gotta have something above the shoulders to be next level. Would you agree or disagree Gogeta? I will admit I'm not a football guru, but I've been following recruiting for quite a while...and those types rarely seem to pan out.

Early signing day is going to make for a lot of signing days like this. We locked up 19 studs early. Had we gotten all 23 yesterday we would have had a different feeling. This is a strong class.

Advertisement
Yeah, because we locked up a Top 8 class in December.
Stop sugar coating ****. We still allow all the elite talent to walk out of are backyard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ALL the elite talent? didnt know nesta went to UF, or hall went to Bama, or pope to UF. there is a ton of talent here and Miami will never ever get everybody w how many schools recruit here. Campbell was a big loss bc he was a UM lean early and was rumphs job to at least Campbell

Advertisement
bottom line the 2018 class means we now have the most frontline and backup talent in the coastal by a wide margin... Better QB play this year and we don't get hit by the injury bug like last year and this team may find itself in the playoff

PS2 and TC want to win ships. Miami hasn't come close in the past decade and finally won the coastal for the first time. Unfortunately we are going to have to win the ACC and make the playoffs before the mindset changes. Until we win we will continue to bleed 4&5*'s. I don't blame kids for not coming here. I greatly appreciate the kids that do come here and want to return the U to its rightful place. We aren't back, won't be for a couple of more recruiting cycles.

Same turds saying look at class as a whole don't know championship football obviously. Can miss every year at positions of need and fill them with projects and say look at class as a whole. Get out of here, yes it was a great class but you can't ignore the failure to secure top targets at certain positions. It's a huge red flag to me when we have everything you would want playing time is there, top 10 team, good staff but yet still being told no. For rumph to miss on two of his former players who are players who play the position he coaches at the next level is a failure, period end of story. With that being said, we are trending in the right direction looking for the 2019 class to close that happened between us and championship caliber teams

Advertisement
Back