Worst signing day ever

Nah, we usually miss on NSD. Difference is this year, we had a strong class already signed. Remember the Shannon days where we missed and then filled the class with 2 stars? Those days are long gone.

Advertisement
How do we win zero battles at DB for the third year in a row? It's pretty embarrassing.
So bama didn't want gurvan hall?

Georgia didn't want deejay Dallas or Malek young

FSU didn't want blades

Georgia didn't want frierson

At least stay consistent in your argument dumbass

Advertisement
Here's a dose of reality, gents. Ever since I can remember, we've always been a program that gets the most out of 3 - 4 star kids with tremendous upside and a burning desire to prove people wrong. FSU and UF would almost always get higher rated recruiting classes, but UM would get the dogs that would end up destroying them on the field.

We did that with solid coaching and finding the right type of kids. Hate to say it -- but we followed the Wisconsin model more than we did the Bama/FSU model of chasing the 5 stars.

It worked very well for us in the past.

As we take the next step and win more big games, we'll lure more 5 stars. But we need to remember that we will never be on a level 'bag' field with the Bama's and Georgia's of the world. We'll need to win it the Miami way - fast, nasty teams made up of athletic guys with a chip on their shoulders that embrace being the overlooked little school by the CFB world.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whats scary is in a month taggart now has a top 10 class

we really gonna sit here and act like it's TAGGART that is doing this?

we gonna act like fsu doesn't drop more bags than ole miss?

maybe that's a stretch, but recruiting at fsu is excellent NO MATTER who is coaching

remember bowdens son? yah..

Advertisement
I won't lie.. Feels like a loss.. 4th L in a row in fact..

That being said, #Storm18 is the best class we've had in a long time. We'll be competing again for the ACC title and knocking on the CFP's door. We are still headed in the right direction, just maybe not at the speed we would like. IPF is coming. CMR and co. will learn and improve from this experience... Lots to feel good about this program.

GO CANES!!!

UPVOTE

I will say that we all talked about the 18 class as the year of the DB for several years now. There may be 10 kids from the 18 DBs in south florida who go on to the league. We only needed 4-5 of them and we got a few. It could have been better and it's a bit disappointing.

Hey I am pleased with the class! Yes, I know we missed out, but **** with the exception of Bama and Georgia who doesn’t. We have Canes in this class. Guys who want to be here. From stud backs to wide outs and awesome tight ends to yes hold on defensive backs and lineman. I am proud to be a Cane!

Advertisement
Back