worst fsu team in 30 years?

58straight

Junior
i see many fsu fans and even some so called canes fans trying to discredit the win by saying it's the worst fsu team in decades.
here are the espn recruiting rankings for fsu over their last 5 classes. Keep in mind they could be ranked even higher on other recruiting services

2016- #1 class
2015- #2 class
2014 #3 class
2013- #9 class
2012-#2 class

Miami beat a really talented fsu team i dont care what their record says, if they somehow held on to win that game we all know what the narrative would be that they are still an elite team and only had early struggles due to a true freshman QB being thrown in unexpectedly and now he 's hitting his stride. Now that they lost to Miami they're a bottom of the barrel acc squad. :monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Don't let that we beat a bad FSU team get to you. Some facts for you. FSU has beaten 1 decent UM team in those 7 years (2016 - 9-4 - 2013 was a fluke as we later learn).

10: 7-6
11: 6-6
12: 7-5
13: 9-4
14: 6-7
15: 8-5
16: 9-4
----------------
52-37 (58.4%)

6 of those 7 years We had to deal with the cloud, Al Golden and Coach no D, and poor recruiting compared to their top 5 classes.

When we become a consistent program again lets see how much they win then.

Before the season I heard they were winning it all
After Bama I was told their Elite defense would take them to the playoffs with a freshmen QB
Then I was told they’d beat Miami because we haven’t played anyone.
Now I hear that they are a team full of freshmen and we barely beat them.

Lol they have more than 60% of their team that we’re blue chip recruits. No excuses

Before the season I heard they were winning it all
After Bama I was told their Elite defense would take them to the playoffs with a freshmen QB
Then I was told they’d beat Miami because we haven’t played anyone.
Now I hear that they are a team full of freshmen and we barely beat them.

Lol they have more than 60% of their team that we’re blue chip recruits. No excuses
Exactly, everyone hyped them up as the #3 preseason team in the country, and they had their best defense they ever had. Draft pundits also said they had a top 5 dline in the country and best db group in the country as well as the best player in Derwin James.... far from their worst team in 30 years

Last edited:
Their defense is elite. Pretty impressive performance by our offense in the second half.

Their offense on the other hand is bad. True freshman qb, terrible Oline, no stand our skill players.

Regardless that was a good win considering it was a rivalry game and they gave us everything they had. I expect next years game to be another classic.

Advertisement
Their defense is elite. Pretty impressive performance by our offense in the second half.

Their offense on the other hand is bad. True freshman qb, terrible Oline, no stand our skill players.

Regardless that was a good win considering it was a rivalry game and they gave us everything they had. I expect next years game to be another classic.

No standout skill players? Uh, ok. They have 2 5* and 4 4* RBs, plus 1 5* and at least 4 4* WRs.

They also have some talented OL, they're just poorly coached.

Regardless, outside of QB, this is the same roster they claimed would be in the playoff. And Blackman has actually been pretty solid.

God forbid FSU ever give us or NC St any credit

Outside of Auden Tate and running backs their skill players leave a lot to be desired. Auden Tate is a stud for sure though

Outside of Auden Tate and running backs their skill players leave a lot to be desired. Auden Tate is a stud for sure though

Cam Akers is a star already.

And talent isn't the issue. George Campbell has a ton of talent. FSU just has bad coaching, at least with the offense position coaches

Very talented team. Just one of those years where they will have to put it behind them and move forward.

If Jimbo doesn't take a long look at his OL coach and DC, nothing will change.

Advertisement
Don't let that we beat a bad FSU team get to you. Some facts for you. FSU has beaten 1 decent UM team in those 7 years (2016 - 9-4 - 2013 was a fluke as we later learn).

10: 7-6
11: 6-6
12: 7-5
13: 9-4
14: 6-7
15: 8-5
16: 9-4
----------------
52-37 (58.4%)

6 of those 7 years We had to deal with the cloud, Al Golden and Coach no D, and poor recruiting compared to their top 5 classes.

When we become a consistent program again lets see how much they win then.

Exactly..... Those Miami teams during the streak weren't exactly world beaters....

After those top consecutive recruiting classes - the fact is - they're not bad - we just whipped their ***.

The last time we beat them might have been their worst team. Weren't they ranked near the bottom in team defense? That was the year Bobby got ran out of town. Are they really trying to act like they don't remember that?

Kiss my a$$.

Were they a terrible team last year when we were a blocked kick away from beating them?

They supposedly have the best CB in college football.
The next Sean Taylor at Safety.
A stud RB.
And 4-star/5-star players all over their 2-deep.

Jimbo's been building that thing for years. We're fresh off the Golden train and are still recovering from that **** show, hence the reason we're relying on underclassmen, transfers from the Citadel and a no-name Quarterback.

This is just the start of things to come. Wait until Richt gets this thing rolling and starts getting more of his recruits in the building. We're going to roll them.

Advertisement
They were being called Jimbo's best team before the season even started. Francois going down makes them go from best ever to worst in 30 years? Get out of my face. They had their guys and they had their all-world defense and we beat them. End of story.

THE LION DOES NOT CONCERN HIMSELF WITH THE OPINIONS OF SHEEP.

We stabbed them in the heart and left them to die. On to Georgia Tech.

Funny *** ****. It's all delusions up there. They don't understand their run is over. They claimed all those win when we had the worst coaching staff in history. They had Francois last season and won by a blocked PAT. Gtfo my face with that kaka.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If memory serves, Ohio St won a championship with their third string qb. FSU has more 4 and 5 star players than Clemson, yet they folded like a cheap card table when they lost their qb. Remember when we lost our starting qb in 2015? Rosier got the W in a legendary game against Duke the following week without a head coach! That's heart. FSU isn't in a "down" year, it's just a team of entitled kids with no heart. I don't have any friends who are FSU fans, but if I did I'd tell them to look at Miami from 2005-2015 if they want to see their future.

Fuq. That. ****. If we would have lost they would say, O Miami couldn't even beat us with a Freshman QB. They still have very talented players.

Jimbo’s offense doesn’t work without a good QB. When the QB sucks, they battle field position all game long.

FSU is a better team than they’ve shown this year and I feel proud about the win in Tallahassee. It was the best game their O-line played this year and their defense is elite (Miami didn’t cross midfield for the first half). They didn’t lose, Miami won. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if FSU ran the table or if Clemson is their only loss after a hard fought game. (Then the laughable narrative will be that they’re overachieving with 2*’s).

It’s Tech time.

Advertisement
Back