Worst Coaching Move of the Golden Era

Boy there really are too many to count. I mean his time management in every game is horrendous. I don't remember which game specifically but he decided not to take a penalty that put a team out of field goal range, so they get the 3 points next play and we lose the game. The guy is the most unqualified coach in America. And don't get me started on Nebraska last year. Just watching them run it right at us with absolutely no care in the world coming from fat Al.

Advertisement
Started on Labor Day in 2011 against a Maryland team that went 2-9. Coaching has been that bad ever since.

That 2011 Maryland game is probably #1 in my book.

He missed out on so many local recruits for out of state bums that its not even funny.

Example - went after Berrios over McKenzie

Virginia Tech 2013. Watching logan what his face look like a heisman candidate. Over 500 yards of offense!!!!!

Advertisement
Curious to hear opinions

For me it was the lack of any move in the second half of the Notre Dame game. Notre Dame ran on every
play of the second half (have never even seen that in a college game) and Golden made no adjustments,
not a run blitz, not an extra D lineman, not bringing up the safety, nothing. Still cannot believe it to this day,
how he can continue to coach the U and make $3,000,000 a year is mind boggling.

Not being a man and firing his BFF

Since most of you have covered everything I'll leave a random one:

not pulling duke out of the game vs vatech last year after the game was clearly over and almost watching him getting injured

then of course being shown on camera sweating like a pig and the idiot he is on the sideline because of said dumb move

Advertisement
Back