Word On The Street, Checking With Huggy Bear

My only question in this is would the Big10 take FSU???... If I'm right all Big10 schools are AAU schools with Nebraska being the lone exception... Although when they initially joined they were an AAU school... Also from what I've read they're expected to receive AAU status again soon ( How true that is I can't say, only read stuff)....
Miami is a more than likely choice with Possibly GT or NC to go with them.... Again I'm only basing this on the AAU status and what that means to the BIG10...
From all that is published by people who DO have contacts within the B10 programs and media partners FSU is currently the #1 choice to be added to the B10 due to VIEWERSHIP and added $$$ that their presence will bring to the conference in big game programming. Viewership and media partner desires are driving realignment not academic considerations. FSU is the #1 viewer program in the ACC and will have AAU status within 2 years. And FSU's academic ranking at #55 blows away Nebraska at #159.

Advertisement
SEC won't let in Clemson for the same reason some schools don't want in FSU. Arleady a team in the state that doesn't have a good media market. Wil get no votes from schools for that reason alone.

Seminoles better learn to speak BIG12 soon

Advertisement
Nope.

The idea that all 7 can just go elsewhere on a whim, is a bit naive. If not uninformed

You don’t like Holiday whimsy? …. Grinch

The Mega thread started in June….. of 2022….

It’s not the first time these schools or conferences are talking…

Advertisement
From all that is published by people who DO have contacts within the B10 programs and media partners FSU is currently the #1 choice to be added to the B10 due to VIEWERSHIP and added $$$ that their presence will bring to the conference in big game programming. Viewership and media partner desires are driving realignment not academic considerations. FSU is the #1 viewer program in the ACC and will have AAU status within 2 years. And FSU's academic ranking at #55 blows away Nebraska at #159.
The B1G does not care about AAU as much as they care about the TV ratings and dollars at this point. I would stop worrying about whether FSU is or is not AAU.

Either way FSU was going to get there probably not this year like some of their idiots think because AAU doesn’t expand every year, but they will likely be in the next wave or the wave after that, and their overall academic ranking is fine and better than a third of the big 10 schools

SEC won't let in Clemson for the same reason some schools don't want in FSU. Arleady a team in the state that doesn't have a good media market. Wil get no votes from schools for that reason alone.

Seminoles better learn to speak BIG12 soon
Longhorns and Aggies….

I get your point but at the end of the day if it’s good for their conference it will be rammed through…

Longhorns and Aggies….

I get your point but at the end of the day if it’s good for their conference it will be rammed through…

Texas is a whole different beast since ESPN already had longhorn network with the TV deal when they pushed for Texas/OU.

Advertisement
IF they actually do vote to dissolve the ACC ... smartest move ... then

FSU + Miami = Big 10
UNC + Clemson = SEC
Pitt, Louisville, Va Tech, NC State = Big 12

Others ... regional conferences unless the B10 wants to grab Ga Tech and Duke for academics and the SEC takes UVA for geographic reasons.
Worst Case .... the GOR is ruled to be in force ONLY THROUGH 2027 ... and the option to extend the media rights .. since never approved by members ... is ruled void. THAT WAY

-Programs with a confirmed home (FSU + Miami + UNC + Clemson) leave the ACC
-Those remaining DO SO WITH THE OPTION TO SEEK A NEW MEDIA DEAL for 2028 and on.

Lower half of ACC schools to Big12 is all but guaranteed

Texas is a whole different beast since ESPN already had longhorn network with the TV deal when they pushed for Texas/OU.
Just saying don’t speak in absolutes when there is already a precedent set. It’s about making the most money for the conference/school…

Advertisement
The B1G does not care about AAU as much as they care about the TV ratings and dollars at this point. I would stop worrying about whether FSU is or is not AAU.

Either way FSU was going to get there probably not this year like some of their idiots think because AAU doesn’t expand every year, but they will likely be in the next wave or the wave after that, and their overall academic ranking is fine and better than a third of the big 10 schools
I'm not discounting any points made here , just pointing out things I see as of now... again things change , we know that .... So I wouldn't say the Big10 doesn't care about AAU as much as tv ratings just yet... I mean I'm not saying they care one way or the other but they did just add UCLA, USC, OREGON and WASHINGTON.... All AAU schools... Now I get that their markets certainly help make the call to bring them in easier but they are still AAU schools so the BIG10 status quo still stands until proven otherwise, right??
Maybe they do break away from the norm and add FL ST and others based on TV markets. Anything is possible I won't eliminate that at all.... It's just they haven't yet..... Obviously we'll see how this plays out...... We all know something big is coming when the ACC finally explodes....

IF they actually do vote to dissolve the ACC ... smartest move ... then

FSU + Miami = Big 10
UNC + Clemson = SEC
Pitt, Louisville, Va Tech, NC State = Big 12

Others ... regional conferences unless the B10 wants to grab Ga Tech and Duke for academics and the SEC takes UVA for geographic reasons.
Worst Case .... the GOR is ruled to be in force ONLY THROUGH 2027 ... and the option to extend the media rights .. since never approved by members ... is ruled void. THAT WAY

-Programs with a confirmed home (FSU + Miami + UNC + Clemson) leave the ACC
-Those remaining DO SO WITH THE OPTION TO SEEK A NEW MEDIA DEAL for 2028 and on.
I would think B10 would go after Ga Tech for sure. They love targeting big market schools

Advertisement
Back