Word is, M. Richt will hire an OC

Added a few more on my post but he's definitely 1A. It would be hard for Mark but he can have fatherly talk and tell him he moved too fast, or as you said, get him in with connections at a smaller school.

Yeah Patke and little Richt are replaceable. I like the idea the above poster had of a Co-OC/QB coach.

Advertisement
Not sure if I believe this, and happening so quickly with such a stubborn man. Another twitter poster said we are looking at someone in Big 12 so we will see

There's all types of games you can play. You can only have 10 on field Coaches, but the new guy can be brought in with a Quality Control title for example. A guy like Patke was working w the LBers way before he got his ridiculous and waste of a position bump.

Sarkisian and Locksley both had support staff only titles before beIng bumped up, but they were intricately involved in the game planning before. Same w Butch Jones this year. Richts bff John Lilly is cashing a check w a ridiculous Executive Assistant to the HC
Title at Tennessee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A04765BE-D00B-4EC5-94B7-692213465386.gif

Btw, y'all fooling yourselves w some of these names. If this ever happens, will be another Randy Melvin situation. Like Golden, Richt will hire someone he knows and has worked with. It'll be a Lilly or Bobo retread type of deal.

Advertisement
What has Ken Dorsey done to earn such praise as a coach?

I wasn't praising him, and he's certainly no slam dunk hire. He's never been an OC and never called plays, so yeah he'd be a risk. He's always been a heady player, I think he did a good job at Carolina, he knows Miami football, and he could be had on the cheap (compared to some of the names being thrown out there). Out of the realistic options we have, he'd be at the top of my list.

Advertisement
If the BOT let Golden keep No D as a DC. I don't see them forcing Mark Richt to give up play calling

IF this is true, and again, that's big, it shows you what an absolute dumpster fire Richt's offensive system is

Advertisement
Back