Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Advertisement
Well did he?
Waiting GIF

Surprised to see another player on here. After the whole issue with Jacurri spilling too much tea I just knew Mario was going to ban active players from coming in this podcast.
Lol did I not try to tell you guys Mario CAN'T and will not ban players from doing interviews/podcast? Especially in this NIL era. It's all about putting a face to these players now.

Advertisement
Lol did I not try to tell you guys Mario CAN'T and will not ban players from doing interviews/podcast? Especially in this NIL era. It's all about putting a face to these players now.
True that, they actually talked about it at he 42 min mark actually. Sounds like he's just being more protective especially like what Mark said Mario told him to do with the Cormani tweet

Credit to a poster from 247:

"On top of what Chris said here’s some cliff notes

Excited about Florida game. But Team more so focused on themselves than UF right now

Cristobal texted Mark Fletcher to take down his tweet about Cormani McClain “we work in silence”

Said NC State was the toughest environment he played in last year

Singled out Elijah Lofton and Markeith Williams as having great camps. “If the ball touches Lofton’s hands he’s catching it”. “Markeith stayed the course. People we messaging him telling him to transfer but he stayed the course and had a great camp. He will hit you and has good speed”

Texted Damien Martinez “I need you at Miami with me” and fully embraces Learning from him. Also takes on a recruiting role for high school kids

Briefly mentioned injury but nothing discrete. Said “I’m in the training room daily getting back healthy”. Definitely got the tone that he intends to play this year""

Advertisement
I’m about 0.1% confident we’ll see this kid at all this year, but holy **** would it be massive if somehow we could have a healthy Mark Fletcher to pair with Martinez and the rest of the bunch.

If Fletcher really is on the shelf long-term, this room doesn’t look that great on paper. Martinez is obviously a stud and I think we all have high hopes for Lyle and Johnson, but those kids have done zero at this level. CWH is likely a project. And Allen is JAG. If this plays out how I fully expect, and Fletcher is dead, we’re a twisted Damien Martinez ankle away from being in big trouble in the backfield. And we know Mario is gonna run that kid into the ground if he doesn’t have Fletcher to pair him with.

A healthy Fletcher, paired with Martinez and then CJJr’s speed and Lyle’s few touches a game at 1000 mph would be a major strength of an already ridiculously dangerous offense. Not having him takes a strength and makes it a very shaky situation.

I’m about 0.1% confident we’ll see this kid at all this year, but holy **** would it be massive if somehow we could have a healthy Mark Fletcher to pair with Martinez and the rest of the bunch.

If Fletcher really is on the shelf long-term, this room doesn’t look that great on paper. Martinez is obviously a stud and I think we all have high hopes for Lyle and Johnson, but those kids have done zero at this level. CWH is likely a project. And Allen is JAG. If this plays out how I fully expect, and Fletcher is dead, we’re a twisted Damien Martinez ankle away from being in big trouble in the backfield. And we know Mario is gonna run that kid into the ground if he doesn’t have Fletcher to pair him with.

A healthy Fletcher, paired with Martinez and then CJJr’s speed and Lyle’s few touches a game at 1000 mph would be a major strength of an already ridiculously dangerous offense. Not having him takes a strength and makes it a very shaky situation.
They would plug in Lofton immediately. We already saw that this spring.

Advertisement
Credit to a poster from 247:

"On top of what Chris said here’s some cliff notes

Excited about Florida game. But Team more so focused on themselves than UF right now

Cristobal texted Mark Fletcher to take down his tweet about Cormani McClain “we work in silence”

Said NC State was the toughest environment he played in last year

Singled out Elijah Lofton and Markeith Williams as having great camps. “If the ball touches Lofton’s hands he’s catching it”. “Markeith stayed the course. People we messaging him telling him to transfer but he stayed the course and had a great camp. He will hit you and has good speed”

Texted Damien Martinez “I need you at Miami with me” and fully embraces Learning from him. Also takes on a recruiting role for high school kids

Briefly mentioned injury but nothing discrete. Said “I’m in the training room daily getting back healthy”. Definitely got the tone that he intends to play this year""

this is a remarkably positive attitude to have.

I expect Fletcher to play this year

Advertisement
Fletcher knows we ran him into the ground last year. Hes been the bellcow his entire career and he is smart enough to know his body cannot take that type of punishment if he is going to have any type of NFL career. He probably begged Martinez to come. UGA during their back to back run had like 3 RBs they used full time. The days of "Cedric Benson" type workhorse backs and him carrying the ball 300 times a year at UT for 4 years are over. I dont think these kids will even allow you to do that to them anymore.

Fletcher knows we ran him into the ground last year. Hes been the bellcow his entire career and he is smart enough to know his body cannot take that type of punishment if he is going to have any type of NFL career. He probably begged Martinez to come. UGA during their back to back run had like 3 RBs they used full time. The days of "Cedric Benson" type workhorse backs and him carrying the ball 300 times a year at UT for 4 years are over. I dont think these kids will even allow you to do that to them anymore.
We did not run him into the ground last year lol.

His carries were:

Cmon now, 1 20 carry gm and 2 15+ carry games is not running him into the ground. Also, he's not a scat back. He's a big back.

Compared to Ollie Gordan

We did not run him into the ground last year lol.

His carries were:

Cmon now, 1 20 carry gm and 2 15+ carry games is not running him into the ground. Also, he's not a scat back. He's a big back.

Compared to Ollie Gordan

Ooof. He should ignore this and never post in this thread again.

Maybe we have different definitions of "ran into the ground". He had only 6 games with double digit carries, and 1 game with over 20. He had 105 total carries, next guy had 100, next guy had 94. Our top 3 guys were very close in usage.

For comparison, Martinez had 194 carries, and double digit carries in all but 1 game (he ran for 100 yards on 7 carries and got pulled).

Advertisement
Back