Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Advertisement
The fact neither this nor the other thread about getting a top RB has been nuked concerns me.

Post in thread 'Scrimmage Notes'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/scrimmage-notes.190804/post-7123691

Recovery from lisfranc in nfl is usually 10.3-12.5 months. Median is 11 and change. He got hurt dec 28th. Even if he had a better than average recovery speed, he wouldn’t be back until like after Halloween.

Also says usually after fully recovered it doesn’t generally reduce their ability long-term (like an Achilles likely does)
He got re-injured Dec 28th.... sadly we all did.... he'll recover from lisfranc, but our moral injury from us losing to Rutgers may be permanent

Thank you, Calinative WebMDstudent..

Yes, and all injuries are identical. Thank you for your medical expertise.
I'm just using Ginn as an example that Lisfranc injuries do not have to be a death sentence. Since no one seems to know anything, we should probably plan for Fletch not being available in 2024. However, according to a study by the NIH, 80% of the NFL players studied returned within 11 months, so maybe there's hope for Fletch in the second half of 2024 when we're making our playoff push.

Advertisement
Adidas issue?
The way they design cleats now is crazy to me. Just compressing the foot as tight as humanly possible with the lightest weight possible.

Then we can talk about the shoes adidas provides to the team to workout in. Some of the shoes I’ve seen are legitimately the worst things you would want to workout in outside of heels.

Then we can talk about the turf / grass. I know greentree is natural grass, I’m assuming the indoor facility is turf. They’ve had well known issues in the NFL with the turf causing lower body injuries.

And we’ll be landing a premier rb from the portal in the next 2 weeks. Name is already known.
Curious where the word is coming from. I don't recall hearing Fletch had to have surgery. That would typically mean a less severe Lisfranc injury. Non-surgical recovery should be pretty much complete in six months time with no re-injury.

I'm just using Ginn as an example that Lisfranc injuries do not have to be a death sentence. Since no one seems to know anything, we should probably plan for Fletch not being available in 2024. However, according to a study by the NIH, 80% of the NFL players studied returned within 11 months, so maybe there's hope for Fletch in the second half of 2024 when we're making our playoff push.

Gin and Juice

Advertisement
Advertisement
This would be fantastic. Big guy who runs really well for his size. Great feet, vision, and balance. Can catch and pass block too.

Advertisement
Rushing him back for the bowl game was dumb luck… or just dumb?

Has little to do with UHealth…
I BLAME FELD

new zealand rugby GIF

Advertisement
Back