Wong is an NBA star

omg What detective work. I’m glad you think this means something. please look for more, Magnum PI. I’m gonna get you a prize. Lol. What a loser. Good night dude.

Advertisement
Ok I don’t want to keep going but there is about a 0-5% chance that Wong averages 15pts in nba……and it’s closer to 0. He will be very lucky to get drafted.. But from your lips to gods ear that it happens and again that he earns a lot of money. Still a fantastic college player and love that he’s on our team.
Then don't keep going? Pretty easy to just stop posting, if that's actually what you "want" to do. But if you do want to keep going, as a response indicates...

Averaging 15 points in the NBA in a single season isn't some all-world accomplishment. John Salmons had 3 seasons averaging >18 ppg in the NBA, and his college scoring numbers don't compare to Wong's. There are 68 qualified players averaging 15+ in the NBA today, there were 89 last year, and there were 82 the year before that. A great college scorer having a season or two averaging 15 points for a bad/mediocre team isn't farfetched.

I think the odds are against him, but I'd put it at much higher than 0.

Wong has an overall similar skill set to Durand Scott. Maybe a touch better shooter than Durand, and Scott was a little bigger/longer & probably a better defender than Wong.

Wong is our best player on this team, but he's not the next Dame or D-Wade or something.

Love Wong. Young man can play. Been a pleasure the last 3 years. But he’s a tough shot making type of guard because of lack of elite athleticism and lack of consistent outside jumper. Those tough shots in college get exponentially harder to hit in the league. His slow release will only make this harder for him as well. I think he’s going to be a super star over seas guy with plenty of opportunities to make a NBA roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t be a fan later.

✌️
I'm a fan now........i've been saying that. I like him ALOT. I'm also realistic. I hope he makes a ton of money anywhere. I'm all for canes players getting paid and would prefer to be wrong on this one. Its not criticism or a wish that he doesn't make it.

I'm a fan now........i've been saying that. I like him ALOT. I'm also realistic. I hope he makes a ton of money anywhere. I'm all for canes players getting paid and would prefer to be wrong on this one. Its not criticism or a wish that he doesn't make it.

You said the kids not a pro when he’s balling out on a winning canes team, and last year you said the kid should transfer out of miami so he can be a pro.

Pathetic.

You said the kids not a pro when he’s balling out on a winning canes team, and last year you said the kid should transfer out of miami so he can be a pro.

Pathetic.
dude you're obsessed with me. Listen you fkcing ignoramous, for the last time. Yes I said he should transfer a couple of years ago or whenever guys were leaving cause it might be in his best interest as far as making it to the pros cause i care more about the kids than the program most of the time. I still dont' think he's a pro but I hope he makes it. How can i explain this in a way that even someone like yourself who has obviously gotten the short end of the gene pool would understand this? Lets agree to not discuss this anymore. I agree with you, he is a future star and you are THE BEST FAN. Move on already.

dude you're obsessed with me. Listen you fkcing ignoramous, for the last time. Yes I said he should transfer a couple of years ago or whenever guys were leaving cause it might be in his best interest as far as making it to the pros cause i care more about the kids than the program most of the time. I still dont' think he's a pro but I hope he makes it. How can i explain this in a way that even someone like yourself who has obviously gotten the short end of the gene pool would understand this? Lets agree to not discuss this anymore. I agree with you, he is a future star and you are THE BEST FAN. Move on already.

Bro you keep calling me names and you keep lying. You said Wong should transfer less than a year ago.

You’re a corrosive fan who roots for failure. Take your poison elsewhere.

1641308010554.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
LoL......i don't even know what to say anymore. Sorry to everyone else that this thread turned into Magnum PI and his obsession with my posts. I'll stop cause I don't have the energy for idiots. Go Canes.

I don't know enough to opine if Wong (or McGusty) have NBA in their future (I "hope" they do.) Sadly, the rest of the Canes current team is such that these 2 by comparison shine like Supernova stars, so I'm enjoying that (and the current wins) a lot. It's all interesting, thanks for sharing, please don't argue too much.

Advertisement
Wong could potentially be drafted as a scorer. He's quick and attacks the rim well. But he's on the smallish side and not overly athletic and he doesn't do much else at a high level.

He could develop over time into workable back up. I still see second rounder.

Every guy isn't going to have that kind of edge. The fact that Lonnie has survived and found his way, despite what happened to him in his past, is amazing. Lonnie has some legit mental strength, but he also keeps things in perspective. I think that Lonnie needs a franchise to go all in on him and show him that he is loved. I don't think Pop is that kind of leader, he's used to guys like Tim Duncan, guys that don't need that little bit of extra support. Lonnie needs that, because if you know his story, it's terrifying.

No disrespect but I'm not seeing the connection with the play or pops coaching?.

I'm confused I've seen some development with Lonnie walker and other than the heat..the spurs may have the best development staffs or used to. Is he failing there or something?. I don't follow the spurs like that. Trying to see the connection to his past story

Advertisement
No disrespect but I'm not seeing the connection with the play or pops coaching?.

I'm confused I've seen some development with Lonnie walker and other than the heat..the spurs may have the best development staffs or used to. Is he failing there or something?. I don't follow the spurs like that. Trying to see the connection to his past story

Again, the Spurs and how they operate tends to work for a particular type of player. Lonnie is the kind of guy that needs a certain environment to thrive, due to his background. Certain things that have gone on with his minutes and how he has been coached leads me to believe that the Spurs may not be a good fit for his personality type. Ironically enough, a place like Miami may be a better fit, because they have a history of successfully working with guys like Lonnie.

Again, the Spurs and how they operate tends to work for a particular type of player. Lonnie is the kind of guy that needs a certain environment to thrive, due to his background. Certain things that have gone on with his minutes and how he has been coached leads me to believe that the Spurs may not be a good fit for his personality type. Ironically enough, a place like Miami may be a better fit, because they have a history of successfully working with guys like Lonnie.
Lonnie is a chucker. He requires a high volume of shots to be successful. Not sure the Heat would be a good fit, either. I could see him doing well on a team like the Kings or Wolves.

The spurs had guys like Stephen Jackson do well. Stephen Jackson is a certified goon hood dude and he flourished there. There stars maybe guys like a Tim Duncan who is a mute but they still have some rough around the edges guys if thats what you meant?.

Im in line with @Gables Canes though...he needs an offensive system that allows him to chuck it..lol Thats his thing in my opinion and what he showed here...in games he does that for the spurs he puts up numbers...but thats just not there system..or a place like Miami either. I think going to the Spurs may have been the best move for him...he could of went to a sh*tty organization...chuck up shots...and flamed out by now.

what your toughts?. What teams yout hink he could fit on

The spurs had guys like Stephen Jackson do well. Stephen Jackson is a certified goon hood dude and he flourished there. There stars maybe guys like a Tim Duncan who is a mute but they still have some rough around the edges guys if thats what you meant?.

Im in line with @Gables Canes though...he needs an offensive system that allows him to chuck it..lol Thats his thing in my opinion and what he showed here...in games he does that for the spurs he puts up numbers...but thats just not there system..or a place like Miami either. I think going to the Spurs may have been the best move for him...he could of went to a sh*tty organization...chuck up shots...and flamed out by now.

what your toughts?. What teams yout hink he could fit on
I'm referring to his issues with depression and the problems he's talked about in regards to being sexually abused. He's said that it's been a struggle sometimes getting his mind right.

Lonnie's issues are a little different than someone like Stephen Jackson, who was just a goon knucklehead. Those are guys that the Spurs can and have been able to work with. Lonnie on the other hand, is a lot more complex, and I don't know if Pop has the time to deal with it and do what needs to be done to get Lonnie comfortable. You can tell that he's not happy being in San Antonio, especially when you watch him on the bench. That said, I think that the Spurs system doesn't help him because he's never able to get in rhythm. How can you develop when you don't know if you'll play?

Lonnie needs to get on a team that actually wants to invest in him, and let him play and learn. It may be a bad team, but at least he'll get to develop, or we'll be able to know for sure that he won't take the next step.

Advertisement
Back